Author Topic: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips (Not Questions)  (Read 243294 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips (Not Questions)
« Reply #585 on: June 19, 2013, 01:00:13 PM »
This is fixed but Sims have a new bug that can cause them to learn slower.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Frey

« Reply #586 on: June 20, 2013, 11:49:56 PM »
I'm pretty sure I've had cats catch death fish before mastering the fishing skill, maybe at level 8 or so. It happens more often once they have mastered it though, obviously.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #587 on: June 21, 2013, 03:03:26 AM »
This is fixed but Sims have a new bug that can cause them to learn slower.

All my sims seem to have caught it. Is there some kind of medication I can give them?

Also, it seems to me that the clock in sims 3 is moving slower after the latest patch.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #588 on: June 21, 2013, 06:07:15 AM »
All my sims seem to have caught it. Is there some kind of medication I can give them?

Also, it seems to me that the clock in sims 3 is moving slower after the latest patch.

I don't know about the clock but my Sims have definitely become slow learners.  These bugs really really mess up dynasties!  Oh well... back to my miscellaneous story!
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #589 on: June 21, 2013, 10:10:12 AM »
There is a mod that fixes it but I haven't found a fix without one.   The two Sims I had that were affected actually got better when I didn't have them do something.    In my case, I didn't have them use the motive mobile or go to the library and that involved toddlers.

I heard someone else saying that having a birthday seems to help get rid of it.   Crin is still looking into it.   Worse comes to worse - I'll have a chat with Metro about the temp use of overwatch for people who don't mind mods but I'd love to find a different solution.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #590 on: June 21, 2013, 01:17:02 PM »
I've found that reading seemed to be able to get them to raise their skill quicker than performing other activities. I haven't tested it with two sims raising the same skill (eg cooking - 1 cooking on equipment and one reading books) but one sim reading for a skill seemed to get to the next level higher than another sim doing skill activities to get to a new level.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #591 on: June 21, 2013, 01:18:42 PM »
This can be true even before the patch depending on the skill/activity. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #592 on: June 21, 2013, 01:37:28 PM »
Decisions regarding Patch 1.55 Features:

The main features we are going over is in regards to: Moving Towns, Private Lot Purchases and New abilities to place Lots.

In regards to placing lots:    Yes it's cool we can now place lots over water.  However,  Players have never been able to place an empty lot just to place one and still cannot.   This part of Edit Town is never going to change.   If you place a lot, it needs to have a purpose and a venue put on top of it.  Otherwise, don't place the empty lot.

In regards to moving towns:   Immortal Dynasties are not allowed to move unless absolutely necessary, can't complete the challenge without it, permission is mandatory beforehand kind of way.  Things to note about the new feature to move towns.  It will be the preferred way to move towns but it has an adverse effect on ice sculptures.  It reduces them to just discs.  If your file ever gets so bad you have to move, the options will be weighed on which way is best for you and what you get permission to do.

In regards to purchasing private lots/additional homes:   There is absolutely no reason why a family cannot buy a private lot.   There are many advantages to having another lot and if someone can think of a reason it should be banned - don't hesitate to tell us.   At this time, dynasty families are allowed to purchase extra homes.   However, dynasty families still cannot move from their original location.  The active lot must always be the one you purchased as soon as you started the game.   Another stipulation is that private lots purchased cannot be an empty lot that was placed by a player.   Sure you can by that empty 20 x 30 next to the Bunches but that new one you put down on the beach.  Forget about it.  Not an option.  This is too close to making your own lots which is against the rules.

In short - No you can't move towns without permission.  No you can't go place a new empty lot over water to buy.  Yes you can have new home lots but no you can't move and no they can't be lots you placed. 

Things to note about private lots:  Art pieces do not appreciate, grills do not work, increases file size. 

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #593 on: June 23, 2013, 12:49:52 PM »
I am doing an Immortal Dynasty right now - it won't be official because I cheat up motives as I am not a good micromanager. :(

However, while I will never get in the Hall of Fame as it's tough to avoid cheating up motives for me(hopefully trying out the Immortal Jail Orange Iguana showed off will help me kick this habit), I do want to help everyone who is doing a legit ID out, so I am going to do a whole slew of "guides" on one of my blogs detailing how to Supermax a skill. I don't have all the expansions so it won't be a complete list(dad told me that mom was hinting towards getting me a much better computer than the clunky primitive HP Pavilion I have now on Xmas so I can hopefully run Pets) but I do plan on supermaxing all the base game skills as well as the ones introduced in Ambitions(thank you Origin, I didn't realize that games I had sold years ago could still be registered on my account and I could get a free install of them even if it takes 24 hours ;D ), Late Night and University Life. I've preordered Island Paradise but plan on installed World Adventures and Showtime(also registered on my site) if it doesn't kill my computer. I want to be careful until I get an upgraded computer.

Anyone who wants to support me in this by PMing me hints and tips for these things will be credited. I think this will save the mods trouble, as they can refer to my blog for anyone who is confused on how hard it is to supermax a skill. Feedback?
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #594 on: June 23, 2013, 12:54:14 PM »
I'm not sure about this.   You realize this forum is attached to a guide, right?  A guide written by Carl that is part of his profession?   We have an entire section based on skills that has hints and tips for supermaxing each one not to mention an active comment system for the guide to allow for new tips.  This thread has hints & tips for supermaxing as well as the actual Dynasty threads.  What you're asking is to take business away from Carl when it's no trouble at all for us to explain the challenges unique to Carl's forum.  For the challenge team, we know this is a part of our duties to this forum and it's not trouble - it's a pleasure. 

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #595 on: June 24, 2013, 07:39:19 PM »
 :-[ Wow, I didn't think of it that way. I didn't realize that Carl wasn't just a moderator, I don't know much about the mods. :(

I wasn't implying that I wanted to steal business from people who make a living with stuff like this(says the weirdo who emulates his favorite Nintendo DS ROMs). I was just going to put a link to my Sims 3 blog which would have Powerpoint presentations of my Sims showing every step of their way as they supermaxed each of the skills. I would gladly point out this site to people in Boolprop.com or the other unofficial sites if it would make you feel better. I think this thread is a great place to hear advice from people, it was what inspired me to make the Powerpoint presentations and I promise I would refer to the people whose tips I used and link back to this
thread if need be. I won't say any more about this.

On another topic, in my unofficial Immortal Dynasty, I used Oh My Ghost as the last opportunity of my founder(rezzing Chester Swain because my founder had uses the Transmogrifier to make him a best friend) because I panicked and thought I would have to get another skill for him because the last sculpting opportunity didn't come up until eight days before he grew old but did that sculpting opp anyways to atone for that. I am not going for Hall of Fame but any advice about the "Oh My Ghost" opportunity? I know ghosts aren't banned in the Immortal Dynasty but did anyone ever use ghosts as immortal heirs?
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline aenito

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #596 on: June 24, 2013, 07:56:44 PM »
Ghosts cannot be heirs but they can be spouses. You can "try for a baby" with a ghost to have a heir but first you must make it so the ghost is living in the house.

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #597 on: June 24, 2013, 08:02:30 PM »
And remember that you can't resurrect someone who wasn't already a ghost at the start of the game -- so only premade ghosts

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #598 on: June 24, 2013, 08:03:46 PM »
Why wouldn't ghosts be able to be heirs? If you had a ghost spouse and they had a ghost baby the first born is the heir, whether ghost or not.

By samoht04

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #599 on: June 24, 2013, 08:04:42 PM »
Well, resurrecting Chester Swain would boot anyone from the Hall of Fame because he died after the start of the game, but it doesn't matter for anyone not going for the HoF. Your immortals can resurrect ghosts that start dead or try for baby after drinking a ghost potion and your heirs can be born as ghosts, though it isn't permanent since ambrosia undoes ghostliness.

While I haven't seen a dynasty that had ghost heirs, it's perfectly possible to do keeping the annoyance of having ghosts around in mind (I have an all-ghost life states dynasty, so I know that it's extra work making sure they get places on time and don't mess up everyone's queues too much). A lot of ghosts that eat ambrosia in my game still do the ghost float instead of walking, which is a minor glitch, but it can be a pain in the rear since it's so slow.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded