Author Topic: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips (Not Questions)  (Read 240940 times)

Offline Blue Rose

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips (Not Questions)
« Reply #570 on: June 15, 2013, 11:19:02 PM »
You also get far fewer opportunities if you skill up and max before Young Adult or in a travel location (this includes University).   This also goes for Multi Tab and Brain Enhancing use. 

Wish I had known this before. I'm trying to get some fishing related opportunities for my second gen immortal, but most of them involve going to China, and I don't want to risk any bugs/glitches (which I have a notorious history with for WA).

Does anyone have any tips on how to promote more opportunities? He's got a few gardening ones, but I don't want to do that since I was planning for the fourth immortal to supermax that skill.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #571 on: June 15, 2013, 11:34:01 PM »
I would say to keep actively using that skill, but then I remembered that my inventor from my last dynasty attempt maxed inventing as a child, still invented like heck throughout her young adult life, and never got a single inventing op anyways.

Is your sim in a rabbithole career in a non-combined rabbithole building? Or do you have Ambitions and no plans for a Private Investigator immortal? The latter is awesome when ops really aren't coming in, and the former is a pretty standard (if not as reliable) backup.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Blue Rose

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #572 on: June 15, 2013, 11:42:35 PM »
I would say to keep actively using that skill, but then I remembered that my inventor from my last dynasty attempt maxed inventing as a child, still invented like heck throughout her young adult life, and never got a single inventing op anyways.

Is your sim in a rabbithole career in a non-combined rabbithole building? Or do you have Ambitions and no plans for a Private Investigator immortal? The latter is awesome when ops really aren't coming in, and the former is a pretty standard (if not as reliable) backup.

I made my sim in the fishing career, as I figured I wouldn't have enough time to balance a rabbit-hole career plus the fishing challenge requirements. Urgh.

I may just have to work on other skills that I don't/can't use as supermax skills and just hope for the best. Will knowing more people help trigger more opportunities? Probably not...but, I figured I should ask.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #573 on: June 15, 2013, 11:45:47 PM »
You could race to have him reach the top of the fishing career promptly, then put him in a rabbithole career to get his ops (you don't need to worry about leveling up in the rabbithole career, just ops). That's what I do with my immortals, anyways.

I don't know if knowing more people affects it, but it's worth a shot. Using unreserved skills for backup ops is great too.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Blue Rose

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #574 on: June 15, 2013, 11:58:29 PM »
You could race to have him reach the top of the fishing career promptly, then put him in a rabbithole career to get his ops (you don't need to worry about leveling up in the rabbithole career, just ops). That's what I do with my immortals, anyways.

I don't know if knowing more people affects it, but it's worth a shot. Using unreserved skills for backup ops is great too.

Problem is that fishing career requires a HUGE amount of money in order to get to the top (which I think the only way to really get there is by selling a lot of deathfish, which are limited as far as when you can get them), so idk if I'd have enough time by then. I'll definitely keep it in mind, though. For now, I'm just gonna focus on other skills and just hope for the best.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #575 on: June 16, 2013, 12:02:44 AM »
If you catch 10 deathfish and make a mini pond on your lot, you can catch them all day long which really helps with the Angler career.   I had my angler person always join the Business Career since it didn't need a skill and has a lot of opportunities. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Blue Rose

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #576 on: June 16, 2013, 12:10:29 AM »
If you catch 10 deathfish and make a mini pond on your lot, you can catch them all day long which really helps with the Angler career.   I had my angler person always join the Business Career since it didn't need a skill and has a lot of opportunities.

Alrighty. I'll work on that. Fortunately, my immortal JUST got a fishing related opportunity he was able to do really easy, so hopefully I'll get a few more before it's ambrosia time.

EDIT: Thank you, everyone. <3

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
Re: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips
« Reply #577 on: June 16, 2013, 10:11:46 PM »
Wow! In the main Challenge thread, Ricalynn pointed out the Sims Wiki page on Mixology. I'd ruled it out as a possible supermax, because I didn't want to put all nine of the Bridgeport bars in Riverview. But if the wiki is accurate, you can learn 42 possible drink recipes to supermax Mixology by placing The Grind, the Banzai Lounge, and either Waylon's Haunt or the Watering Hole from Appaloosa Plains (all low-rise buildings on reasonably sized lots), plus adding professional bars to a Junkyard, a Supernatural Hangout, and a Pool that you've purchased. That might not even be the most efficient combination - the Bridgeport bars only have 5-7 recipes each, but the Art Gallery has 17 available and the Pool and Junkyard have 16. And if the idea of a professional wet bar at the junkyard is a little weird - there's nothing that says the bar has to stay there when you're done with it.

I apologize if this seems redundant, but I did some research on the Wiki and found that I didn't even need the Junkyard(I don't have Ambitions) - placing Plasma 51, The Grind and Waylon's Haunt were all I need, and then I added professional bars to a pool and art gallery gave me 47 types of drinks(46 if you don't have WA as one is a mummy drink), though I suppose some won't count as they are vampire drinks.. I plan on testing this in my Riverview DecaDynasty with a spare/parent. :)
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #578 on: June 17, 2013, 03:13:40 AM »
I may just have to work on other skills that I don't/can't use as supermax skills and just hope for the best. Will knowing more people help trigger more opportunities? Probably not...but, I figured I should ask.

I can tell you that my Sims frequently get an opp after meeting someone new, so it is indeed worth a try.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #579 on: June 17, 2013, 06:53:20 AM »
I posted this on the DecaDynasty hints, but it's also useful for people trying to do an Immortal Dynasty Challenge.

If you have University Life, and are trying to supermax the writing skill, I highly recommend doing Sports Books. They're short (around 125-130) pages, and can yield 600-1500 simoleons. By the time my sim had written 20 books (the second skill challenge), he had also received 30,000 in royalties and of course completed the 3rd challenge.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline PrincessMimi

• Townie
« Reply #580 on: June 19, 2013, 09:14:37 AM »

When you have the mini pond, do you still need the proper bait? And I assume the same thing works for cats.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #581 on: June 19, 2013, 09:35:07 AM »
You still need the proper bait. I think for a cat to catch a deathfish, it wouldn't matter if the fish is in the pond or not, but the cat would need Hunting 10 and the Fishing challenge completed to even stand a chance.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #582 on: June 19, 2013, 09:49:42 AM »
I personally found that my level ten fisherman caught death fish without using the correct bait. My fishermen never have any bait. I just level them up to ten and send them where the death fish is.
Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline aenito

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #583 on: June 19, 2013, 12:50:19 PM »
I also get death fish in a pond without bait and at any hour of the day.

The cat is completelly random but don't know if it need the fish challenge done. I remember once the cat got a perfect death fish before complete the LTW of 13 diferent perfect fishes (death fish was the 9th or 10th perfect diferent one).

Offline aenito

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #584 on: June 19, 2013, 12:55:31 PM »
With the skilling glitch that came with patch 1.50, it can be harder than ever to keep your immortals from invalidating each other's supermaxes. The key to preventing the glitch is to save with everyone in a mood lower than Elated; i.e., their mood bars are not glowing.

It seems this is finally fixed.

Quote from: 1.55.4 patch changelog
Skill gain speeds influenced by the Increased Understanding moodlet have been corrected and are no longer ‘insanely fast’.