Author Topic: Where did your profile name come from?  (Read 196778 times)

amillionbooks

Re: Where did your profile name come from?
« Reply #315 on: September 22, 2011, 08:45:14 PM »
Yeah, I only have two hobbies, Sims and reading :)

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #316 on: September 23, 2011, 11:31:27 AM »
Yeah, I only have two hobbies, Sims and reading :)

I do, too. And writing, whenever I have inspiration. Makes it rather annoying when people point out that my lack of hobbies must be the reason I study so much, haha. I like your username. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #317 on: September 23, 2011, 04:43:56 PM »
I do, too. And writing, whenever I have inspiration. Makes it rather annoying when people point out that my lack of hobbies must be the reason I study so much, haha. I like your username. :)

Yeah, I like it to. And despite you said it, I haven't seen that nickname before. Not that I can remember at least.

Offline Sophie98

• Immortal
  • Awkward Fangirl.
« Reply #318 on: September 24, 2011, 04:22:01 AM »
I used to write all the time, and I have an idea right now. In fact, it was inspired by the Sims and Dianna Agron. Two of my favourite things.  ;D
"The world is not a wish granting factory."
-John Green, The Fault In Our Stars

I have a blog! Please feel free to check it out! http://theatricalteenageramblings.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

Offline bekkaruella

• Llama Wrangler
  • Oh no! Don't eat the baby!
« Reply #319 on: September 24, 2011, 01:43:52 PM »
I used to write all the time, and I have an idea right now...

I love writing!
My username came from a PowerPoint story where God created Pie when He wanted a snack.  Pie was very pretty so lots of cute boys wanted her attention.  Eventually she ended up marrying a Greek god and having a child named Rebekah Ruella Felucia, nicknamed Bekka. 
That is how my username became bekkaruella.
God created Pie when He wanted a snack.  Pie was very pretty so lots of cute boys wanted her attention.  Eventually she ended up marrying a Greek god (Erebus) and having a child named Rebekah Ruella Felucia, nicknamed Bekka. <br />Bekka grew older and became the second vampire to exist, and is 9,086,753,423 years old.

Offline Sims3Clacla123

• Occult
  • I love tea :)
« Reply #320 on: September 24, 2011, 01:46:05 PM »
My username: My name is Clare and my friends call me Clacla I am in love with Sims 3 and my favourite number is 123
Live. Laugh. Love.Dream Big and Have no regrets

Offline AnnBeiFong

• Occult
  • Probably a bad idea.
« Reply #321 on: September 24, 2011, 08:31:40 PM »
My username: Ann, my first name, and Bei Fong... well, that came from a television cartoon/anime-type show that I used to watch all the time. Toph Bei Fong was my favorite character, and I kinda just stole her last name. It's stuck with me for at least two years.

P.S.- I'm a writer at heart!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #322 on: September 24, 2011, 09:31:39 PM »
Toph... would that anime be Avatar: The Last Airbender, with the name taken from the blind Earthbender?

Offline AnnBeiFong

• Occult
  • Probably a bad idea.
« Reply #323 on: September 25, 2011, 10:54:21 AM »
Yep! How'd you know, Seabody?

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #324 on: September 25, 2011, 03:19:18 PM »
I used to watch it, but stopped soon before Aang had to go into the final battle against the Firebenders.
I can barely remember their names now. Aang, Toph, Zuku... I remembered the other two (The Waterbender and her brother), but I forgot them before I typed. :P

Offline AnnBeiFong

• Occult
  • Probably a bad idea.
« Reply #325 on: September 25, 2011, 10:05:00 PM »
Aang, Toph, Zuko, Katara, and Sokka. Well, I'm glad I'm not alone here. I thought I was the only one who knew about it.

romeolongsword

« Reply #326 on: September 27, 2011, 01:10:44 AM »
I love films and used to play games like Neverwinter Nights and Baldur's Gate quite a lot.

When I decided to create a nickname, I combined these two things I like, from the film Romeo + Juliet (directed by Baz Luhrmann 1996) and the type of weapon named 'Longsword' in DnD computer games.

"Longsword" is also name for a shotgun in Romeo + Juliet, where in the film they converted the weapons to modern guns but continue the legends and 'personality' from old time weapons.

So I somehow connected the relationships and simply called myself Romeo Longsword and I have been using it for ten years now, but I have been rejected by a certain group of game players before because they did not think I was serious with that name.

Leto85

« Reply #327 on: September 27, 2011, 04:04:03 AM »
I love films and used to play games like Neverwinter Nights and Baldur's Gate quite a lot.

Baldur's gate, nice. The game reminds me of Lands of Lore 2. Welcome to the forum romeolongsword.
May you find the gameplay knowledge here where you are looking for (my attempt of talking Medieval style).

Ixyavi

« Reply #328 on: September 27, 2011, 02:51:11 PM »
SeventhSanctum is where I got my username.

I generated it a few years ago when I was looking for an exotic name for my Nightelf hunter and it kind of stuck ever since.

Now I use it nearly everywhere I go.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #329 on: September 27, 2011, 06:28:37 PM »
Ooh, I've been there! :D
It's cool.
Formerly Simstar3