Author Topic: Where did your profile name come from?  (Read 196789 times)

Hekkie

Re: Where did your profile name come from?
« Reply #465 on: March 30, 2012, 09:30:36 AM »
I have a few usernames that I use around the internet, this is the most recent one. My boyfriend is the creative one so whenever I need anything of the sort I go to him  ;D One of his Skyrim characters was named Hekkarsh and I liked the name a lot, so I shortened it to Hekkie.  :)

Leto85

« Reply #466 on: March 30, 2012, 03:02:42 PM »
I have a few usernames that I use around the internet, this is the most recent one. My boyfriend is the creative one so whenever I need anything of the sort I go to him  ;D One of his Skyrim characters was named Hekkarsh and I liked the name a lot, so I shortened it to Hekkie.  :)

I love Skyrim! Though my character is named Magoria. Female Breton Shield Mage.
Welcome to the forum Hekkie. I was going to ask if that was by any means a Dutch word, as in Holland the word "hek" means fence, and "hekkie" is a sort of little fence.
I like your avatar. You got cats too?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Hekkie

« Reply #467 on: March 30, 2012, 04:32:49 PM »
I love Skyrim as well.  :D My character is a female Khajiit Archer named Ki'thain (another of my usual usernames). Or at least was until I accidently saved over my game file.  ::) We should chat about the game sometime!
Fun to hear that my completely made up name means something in another language, thanks for letting me know ;D at least it's not a curse word. LOL
We're not allowed to have animals in our appartment unfortunately. Which is probably a good thing considering I would probably want to have as many as I could, haha.

Leto85

« Reply #468 on: March 31, 2012, 07:08:52 AM »
I love Skyrim as well.  :D My character is a female Khajiit Archer named Ki'thain (another of my usual usernames). Or at least was until I accidently saved over my game file.  ::) We should chat about the game sometime!
Fun to hear that my completely made up name means something in another language, thanks for letting me know ;D at least it's not a curse word. LOL
We're not allowed to have animals in our appartment unfortunately. Which is probably a good thing considering I would probably want to have as many as I could, haha.

Haha, if it was a curse word I would have asked you per email, just for the fact that some words have wrong meanings in the first language but not in the next. You never know. I made a few mistakes myself here before. :P
Talking about Skyrim is nice. :) But that should be email as well, to prevent us to be offtopic here.

Offline Kaye

• Kooky, Cutie, KIRBY!!!!
  • Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #469 on: April 04, 2012, 11:35:45 AM »
The first letter of my real name
The outside is quiet, but the inside is on full blast.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel
Cherry Blossom Daycare Center

Offline Jase~

• Occult
  • Legacy Player
    • Jase's Sims
« Reply #470 on: April 08, 2012, 03:09:21 PM »

Mine screen name isn't very imaginative, it's my real life nickname.  No surprise that mine name is Jason and of course most people tend to call me Jay or Jase, the latter one the most common.  So that became my screen name, most of the time just "Jase" is taken so on websites like this one that allow symbols in screen names I added the "~" so it would let me register a few times and it just stuck since I like to have the same screen name at most places.  :)

You can read it here from the beginning.

Dakota Williams

« Reply #471 on: April 11, 2012, 05:00:27 AM »
My user name came by accident. It was the first thing I thought when made my Sim. after a while I liked it. Think Dakota is nice name, and Williams, well, it just came to me. I tried a lot of different names, but Dakota is the best. Always wanted to have a husky named Dakota.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #472 on: April 15, 2012, 05:54:06 AM »
Wow!  I can't believe I just spent 3 hours reading this thread!

I found my username when I was doing research for my Sims 3 legacy family last summer.  I wanted to recreate our family tree as much as possible.  My mom wasn't much help as she didn't even know her own great-grandmother's name.  So, I found it.  Caterina Fideli.  I fell in love with it!

Up until this forum, my username everwhere has always been Camile004.  No, Camile isn't my real name either.  I created it from the first two letters of my first, middle, and last names.  It happened to be James Bond week on TV so instead of 007, I chose 004.  Four is my fave number because  I was born on the 4th.

Just a note ... I had a level 52 High Elf Cleric on Everquest named Camielle.  I LOVE Sailor Moon and Avatar: The Last Airbender (which is one of the best written shows of all time, IMHO).

annieover

« Reply #473 on: April 16, 2012, 06:00:17 PM »
Rinse and repeat:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,1604.325.html
Scroll down to the bottom of the page.....

Offline TeaPuff

• Nooboo
« Reply #474 on: May 07, 2012, 10:16:05 PM »
Well my name comes from my first nickname,
One night my friends and I were discussing everyones nicknames and they realised that I didnt have one (Teagan isn't really a name thats easy to abbreviate) so they decided to make one up for me.... it did start off as puff 'n' stuff. I dont know how they came to that but im pretty sure it has something to do with me being really small and short ( Im just over 5ft) and over the years its been shortened to TeaPuff.
At first I really didnt like it but just like my real name ive learned to embrace it and eventually love it.

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #475 on: May 08, 2012, 10:00:18 AM »
This was my name in an online rping forum I'm part of. I chose a race, and used its language generator and came out with Deklitch ... or so I thought. I discovered much later on it was actually Deklithc, which to my way of thinking is considerably harder to spell. So it stayed as Deklitch. However, when it is shortened to Dek, it doesn't matter how it is meant to be spelled.

Offline Conspiracy

• Nooboo
« Reply #476 on: May 08, 2012, 06:21:20 PM »
Paramore song :)

Offline eastbankbabs123

• Llama Wrangler
  • Don't do anything I'd do.
« Reply #477 on: May 10, 2012, 03:00:50 PM »
My username comes from my pet dog, Choco. She's a greyhound who was tried out for racing but evidently failed epically, but should she of succeeded her racing name would of been East Bank Babs. The 123 because I first used this username to create an account on ROBLOX and I god confused about stuff (I was like 9) and thought that someone else had used the name so I added 123.

I normally use Catherss for most stuff, as that's my nickname at school.

"I have to many friends I can't even remember some of their names" -Paris Hilton

Offline Lark

• Nooboo
« Reply #478 on: May 10, 2012, 10:22:57 PM »
My username came from my name. Carl(I'm ready to go Highlander you know)When I spell it backwards you get Lrac, which sounds weird. So i used the german spelling, cuz, why not, so, lrak, switch r and a and you get Lark.  8)

Leto85

« Reply #479 on: May 12, 2012, 04:21:58 AM »
My username came from my name. Carl(I'm ready to go Highlander you know)When I spell it backwards you get Lrac, which sounds weird. So i used the german spelling, cuz, why not, so, lrak, switch r and a and you get Lark.  8)

Really, in Oral they switch letter? That's pretty interesting at least. I wonder how that work.

anything