Author Topic: 4x4 Dynasty Workbench  (Read 66809 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: 4x4 Dynasty Workbench
« Reply #150 on: August 12, 2013, 05:56:01 AM »
What EPs do you have?
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #151 on: August 12, 2013, 12:39:44 PM »
World Adventures, Ambitions, Generations, Pets, Showtime and University Life.  That seems to mean 34 fish (21 from the base game, 10 from WA and three starfish from Showtime) - or 33, according to the skill journal :).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #152 on: August 14, 2013, 12:08:12 AM »
So I thought I would add on a spreadsheet of the various items in the collections that are most likely going to be permitted (based on Rosa's and Marian's suggestions, and the collection journal thing).

Has anyone been able to confirm if the LN Will o' the wisp is still around, or have they been replaced by fireflies?

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #153 on: August 14, 2013, 02:26:29 AM »
I haven't seen a Will o' the Whisp out in the world. I have a few but they were all hunted by werewolves, which are not allowed.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #154 on: August 14, 2013, 03:06:26 AM »
I can confirm they are still around, I got curious about them after they were mentioned here so did some research, most people assume they are broken because they used to come out at night and now butterflies get turned off but they will come out in the day instead according to some.

Only there's a catch, I had a look at the spawner code and they are not included in butterfly spawners like fireflies only their own specific spawner so you will only ever find them in Bridgeport. The fact people still considered them broken got me wondering if they truly were so I put 36 spawners on an empty lot in Riverview, for 3 weeks I saw nothing then the very day I caught my tenth butterfly one appeared, after that they were spawning regularly but they only hang about for about 4 hours, so I can see why people still assume they don't exist. Tested that 3 times and it seems butterfly collector triggers them somehow.

So there you have it they do exist but only in Bridgeport, same applies to all the other late night collectibles as they too have their own spawners but there are other ways of finding those, I've never come across a will-o-wisp in a dumpster but I have the others, and there are alternatives for getting gems and such.

Butterflies would be a collection of choice for me personally but four generations in Bridgeport is not overly appealing just to get those wisps  :-\

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #155 on: August 14, 2013, 05:27:57 AM »
I assume that spares, spouses and other housemates (and founders?) are free to max any skills and careers they like, as usual.  Although, as Marian pointed out earlier, any money they earn is technically contributing to the property-buying goal.  Are they also free to complete skill challenges without invalidating them for the heirs?  And would any career objects they earned then not be allowed as unique ones?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #156 on: August 14, 2013, 06:02:05 AM »
I assume that spares, spouses and other housemates (and founders?) are free to max any skills and careers they like, as usual.  Although, as Marian pointed out earlier, any money they earn is technically contributing to the property-buying goal.  Are they also free to complete skill challenges without invalidating them for the heirs?  And would any career objects they earned then not be allowed as unique ones?

Pretty much yes to everything as far as I can tell at the moment. It's always been the bloodline heirs that we're mainly concerned with in a Dynasty.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #157 on: August 14, 2013, 07:38:04 AM »
Thanks.  So I can aim to get a chef's fridge for every house :).

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #158 on: August 14, 2013, 07:53:22 AM »
A question about the collections, are we supposed to show a pic from the collections journal to show we completed it, or is it enough to just take a picture of the collection?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #159 on: August 14, 2013, 10:02:07 AM »
Although most of the questions about the collections have been asked earlier, I'm putting them together here to make them easier to address:

1. What collections are permissible? Are we limited to what is in the collections journal -- gems, metals, space rocks, beetles, butterflies, fireflies, mushrooms, and shells?
     Would we also be able to include what can be found with the Collection Helper -- fish, plants, birds, lizards, turtles, snakes, and rodents?
     Would it be possible to have a collection of made objects -- potions, elixirs, and inventions?

2.  Are there restrictions on how we collect? Buying objects is out, but will any of the following be allowed: dumpster diving, using the miner, using the transfiguration table, using the witch's conversion ritual?

3.  Sometimes objects that have been collected don't show up in the journal -- for example, the plasma bug, fireflies, and mushrooms seem particularly buggy. Will we have to get permission to count our collection each time?
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #160 on: August 14, 2013, 11:24:39 AM »
Awesome, Turoskel, thank you so much!

I have the spreadsheet I was working on completed, but I didn't want to link it until I had confirmation of the will o' the wisp. I'll try and put it up tonight when I get home from work.

I basically broke it up into three sections - ones that shouldn't pose any objections, ones that may (for whatever reason), and then the minor pets that Marian had mentioned.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #161 on: August 14, 2013, 12:10:46 PM »
On collections — the last time I had a pow wow with Rica we were thinking the only allowed collections would be what is in the Collection Skill journal plus plants and fish. So basically the same deal as the current We're Coming to Collect event.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #162 on: August 14, 2013, 12:28:11 PM »
It's just 4 collections correct, one per world, so am I right in assuming any stats in the journal wont matter it's just having all the items listed? so if the founder finds say 4 beetles, next gen finds 2 plus Egyptian ones, next gen french and Chinese, and finally the remainder by yet another generation as long as you have them all it's a complete collection?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #163 on: August 14, 2013, 02:06:32 PM »
It's just 4 collections correct, one per world, so am I right in assuming any stats in the journal wont matter it's just having all the items listed? so if the founder finds say 4 beetles, next gen finds 2 plus Egyptian ones, next gen french and Chinese, and finally the remainder by yet another generation as long as you have them all it's a complete collection?

The rule says: only founders and heirs can contribute to family goals -- so I'm thinking the answer is yes.  As long as only the founders and the heirs (not their spouses) capture the beetles, all of them adds up to make one complete beetle collection.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #164 on: August 14, 2013, 02:36:19 PM »
So going off recollection, Metro, the allowed collections that you are thinking (I've not had the chance to look at the collection journal since pre-IP, strangely):

Metals
Gems
Space Rocks
Butterflies
Beetles
Fireflies
Mushrooms
Plants (is this produce plus herbs, or are those to be separated as plantables, since mushrooms are also plantable?)
Fish
Shells/Diving Collectibles (based on Marian's post above)

I'm sure I'm forgetting something(s), but that seems to be the gist of it, yes? What about wildflowers? Yes, they aren't in the journal (last I saw), but as they're also physically collected with no noticeable shelf life (they don't die like minor pets would), and have roughly the same number of items as mushrooms do, I'd like to ask you to consider them.

anything