Author Topic: 4x4 Dynasty Workbench  (Read 68251 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: 4x4 Dynasty Workbench
« Reply #240 on: August 27, 2013, 12:43:50 PM »
Rule -- After you have chosen your lot use the family funds cheat to bring your household funds to 4k simoleans.
If we choose an empty home, any restrictions on furnished / unfurnished ?

Rule -- Own All Properties/Buildings in a given world.
Midas Touch allowed?

Rule -- Attain 4 Large Tombstones
I read the above post wish enhancing serum will be banned correct?  I do agree with the serum this is going to be a cakewalk.

Rule -- Have 1 Family 4x4 Collection
Now this is really a cakewalk :)  Are we scoring the value of these 16 items per world?

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #241 on: August 27, 2013, 01:04:06 PM »
My take on wish enhancing (with the understanding, I've never played on Medium Lifespan before):

Most LTW are between 30k-40k, right? Assuming the sim has Ambitious, and a LTW that is normally 40k, that would bump them up to 45k, right? (Hurray napkin math!) Wish enhancing would double it. So they complete their LTW, and now have 90k. That's still another 70k they have to pick up somewhere, and most of those LTW aren't usually attainable in a week or two, under normal circumstances. Maybe I just have really terrible strategies.

Players will also want to be careful about life extensions, since they'll need 4 of those large tombstones in order to change worlds. That's both founders, heirs 1 and 2. And as Metro said, speed is the important part. So does anyone really want to be stuck in Sunset Valley, waiting for heir #2 to finish another life extension span to get those final LTHP, since we can't kill 'em prematurely?

Maybe I'm just making too much out of it, but I usually can get the large tombstone on Normal. Medium, I don't know, you're essentially halving their lives. Am I just being overly melodramatic?

Edit: Also, if we choose Isla Paradiso as a world, are we required to stick with land-based homes, or can we move into houseboats?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #242 on: August 27, 2013, 02:08:10 PM »
Someone asked this quite a while ago but I don't remember seeing an answer.  Do the best friends have to be truly unique (as in the Life States Dynasty) or can they just be 'claimed' (as in the Immortal Dyasty)?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #243 on: August 27, 2013, 02:25:40 PM »
Personally I don't think we should allow wish enhancing serum. Getting enough life time happiness points for a medium grave on the medium setting is totally achievable. Lets face it the founders and spouses are there to provide the heirs and have all their wishes come true. The heirs have to do all of the grunt work.
But if we want to be laid back and relaxed about the whole thing lets just make wish enhancing players choice. It is always nice to have the option there if you want to use it right?

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #244 on: August 27, 2013, 02:51:01 PM »
I never tried playing anything in medium lifespan, but I do know with the "Wish Enhancing Serum" - I can get 150k points in 1 sim day, 2 sim days max.

Also with the midas touch elixir, that just makes purchasing the whole town doable in one sim day too.  I love supernatural, but personally I think all those elixirs are just way too powerful, makes me feel like I'm cheating most of the time.

Offline butterfly

• Immortal
« Reply #245 on: August 27, 2013, 02:54:44 PM »
I agree with Rachel, I'm very bad at fulfilling wishes because I'm alway too distracted and too lszy to fulfill them. I think you should make it a players choice.
My TS3 Dynasty: Avilla TDD

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #246 on: August 27, 2013, 03:01:43 PM »
Players choice would be nice. But I do not want this to be a complete cakewalk. I am banning both Midas Touch and Wish Enhancing serum. The Best Friends thing — yeah unique is unique. They cannot be the same Best Friends as anyone else's. And houseboats are fine. *runs off to make more edits*

-------------

EDIT: Oops I forgot this and am not sure what would be simplest for players. What is everyone's thoughts on...

Rule -- After you have chosen your lot use the family funds cheat to bring your household funds to 4k simoleans.
If we choose an empty home, any restrictions on furnished / unfurnished ?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #247 on: August 27, 2013, 03:23:08 PM »
I vote for unfurnished, if we're trying to make this harder. Otherwise, a player can buy a furnished lot, then sell off all the furniture and not really "start" with 4k.

Does the wish enhancement affect only founders and heirs (non-heirs, heir spouses, and roommates can use them, since they aren't tombstone eligible)?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #248 on: August 27, 2013, 03:31:29 PM »
I vote for unfurnished, if we're trying to make this harder. Otherwise, a player can buy a furnished lot, then sell off all the furniture and not really "start" with 4k.

Sounds good to me. I would like to make it a little more challenging.

Does the wish enhancement affect only founders and heirs (non-heirs, heir spouses, and roommates can use them, since they aren't tombstone eligible)?

Yeah I suppose the non essential household members could use them.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #249 on: August 27, 2013, 03:35:00 PM »
When I post the question furnished / unfurnished, that was for creating 2 CAS sims.  However Metro changes to allow using existing townie, that basically voids the question I think.  Townies start with furniture in their house.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #250 on: August 27, 2013, 03:39:13 PM »
When I post the question furnished / unfurnished, that was for creating 2 CAS sims.  However Metro changes to allow using existing townie, that basically voids the question I think.  Townies start with furniture in their house.

Exactly, the Townie option to start would be the exception. If you go CAS route then you need to start unfurnished.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #251 on: August 27, 2013, 05:09:39 PM »
Getting enough life time happiness points for a medium grave on the medium setting is totally achievable.

Yeah that's probably easily achievable except the requirement is for a Large Tombstone, unless that's what you meant.

My main concern is that there is a maximum of 4 tombstones in three worlds, if you don't achieve one of those tombstones in one of those three worlds then it's a failure. I'd be fine if there were going to be five possibles in all of the worlds like the first as then you'd have a back-up if you don't get one of them.  ???
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #252 on: August 27, 2013, 05:18:48 PM »
Just out of curiosity (I am not big on collecting) how many different types of collectibles could be worth at least 4k simoleans? I thought one nice stipulation would be that all 16 objects in the Family 4x4 collection had to have a minimum value of 4k simoleans at the time of moving. Paintings, Sculptures, fish, books — at least masterpiece books— I know would not be an issue. But that may cut down on lots of collectibles.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #253 on: August 27, 2013, 05:25:26 PM »
Large spire tiberium springs to mind.

Sometimes some of the rare ingots will exceed 4k, but that's pretty rare indeed. Bugs, butterflies, beetles - never seen those exceed 2k.

Also, samoht, don't forget that you aren't required to have a Large Tombstone prior to the birth of the heir, so pop the heir out, and make all of your medium lifespan heirs have normal lifespans through tattoos/ambrosia/life fruit/fountain of youth elixir/young again potion/extended life.

That's what I'm gonna have to do. ;D

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #254 on: August 27, 2013, 05:30:31 PM »
Also, samoht, don't forget that you aren't required to have a Large Tombstone prior to the birth of the heir, so pop the heir out, and make all of your medium lifespan heirs have normal lifespans through tattoos/ambrosia/life fruit/fountain of youth elixir/young again potion/extended life.

Can't believe I didn't think about that.. Doh! :P

Just out of curiosity (I am not big on collecting) how many different types of collectibles could be worth at least 4k simoleans? I thought one nice stipulation would be that all 16 objects in the Family 4x4 collection had to have a minimum value of 4k simoleans at the time of moving. Paintings, Sculptures, fish, books — at least masterpiece books— I know would not be an issue. But that may cut down on lots of collectibles.

Another idea would be quality/rarity? As in all items have to be top quality - Masterpieces/Perfect. Or of Rare/Special varieties ? Something like that could add challenge but still be possible with enough options?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

anything