Author Topic: 4x4 Dynasty Workbench  (Read 68584 times)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: 4x4 Dynasty Workbench
« Reply #180 on: August 21, 2013, 03:57:56 PM »
Would it be possible to create official lists of what constitutes a complete collection - since we are allowed to use more than one sim to complete a collection the journal won't be completely dependable (I suppose). I am, as you might have guessed, not really good at the collecting part of the game.

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #181 on: August 22, 2013, 01:14:42 AM »
Maybe one collection should be finished by each founder or heir that way there would be no confusion.
Cynthia

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline enderkay

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #182 on: August 22, 2013, 06:24:33 AM »
Maybe one collection should be finished by each founder or heir that way there would be no confusion.

The problem with that is that some of these could take a long time to complete, and one Sim might have a lot of difficulty completing one in addition to all the other requirements they have. I think spreading it among the four/five heirs is fine, but a checklist would be helpful.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #183 on: August 22, 2013, 06:42:45 AM »
I think we can create our own checklists using Carl's guide. In the skills section under collecting, fishing, and gardening all the items are listed along with the additions each EP has brought. The checklist would be different for each participant depending on their expansion packs and the towns they have chosen. I agree, collecting is very time consuming. I've had one of my immortal elders collecting in Sunset Valley, and it took her a long time to complete the collections.

Offline enderkay

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #184 on: August 22, 2013, 07:05:13 AM »
I think town choice wouldn't factor in to completing a collection, from what I've been reading. But yes, I suppose we could make our own checklists.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #185 on: August 22, 2013, 07:17:47 AM »
If you would read through the tread, there has already been made a spreadsheet with the collections in it too.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #186 on: August 22, 2013, 01:09:22 PM »
Yes, of course, I found it. Sometimes things kind of get overlooked with the amount of info to sort through. It a wonderfully complete spreadsheet.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #187 on: August 22, 2013, 01:31:53 PM »
I just realised I'm not entirely clear about the travelling rules:

A household is allowed to travel four (4) times total while in each world. This time can be used for vacation or University. Each trip length is player discretion.

Does that mean four trips but any number of Sims can go along, or does each Sim travelling = 1 trip?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #188 on: August 22, 2013, 04:13:20 PM »
I just realised I'm not entirely clear about the travelling rules:

Does that mean four trips but any number of Sims can go along, or does each Sim travelling = 1 trip?

4 trips with any amount of Sims that you want.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #189 on: August 22, 2013, 07:26:45 PM »
I can't recall if I did actually see it, or if I'm just imagining that I saw it. :(

When we move towns, can we have the option to change the population/celebrity status? Like, if I start in Bridgeport, and move to sleepy little Twinbrook, could I turn off the celebrity status? The Bridgeporters could have fled the whole paparazzi scene, and want to fade into obscurity. Additionally, I don't really see wild horses or unicorns running around Bridgeport, but they would in Appaloosa Plains, right? But set that only at the start of a new town.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #190 on: August 26, 2013, 07:50:17 AM »
Well folks it's hard to believe that this 4th and final Sims 3 Dynasty will actually kick off for players this coming Saturday. I hope some of you are excited to get started. But...we have some work to do. The rule set is not done and I need to know what I have missed. What are the remaining things that you are unclear on? I have to know asap. I am sorry to make players post questions again if I have missed some, but I have been really busy lately. So post your questions and let's get this sucker done. :)

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #191 on: August 26, 2013, 09:14:25 AM »
Okay well I know some of these have been asked already in one form or another but I haven't really seen a concrete answer to them.

1. moving and who goes, the whole household, just the heir or heir plus spouse? and is it okay to take a spouse/future spouse with you or should they be from the new town only?

2. Can we take anything with us? career rewards for example.

3. As Shirin asked can we change options when we arrive in the new town so weather, supernaturals, celebrities etc can be tailored to the town we are in or are we stuck with our original towns choice?

Also I'd like to add my vote for the family graveyard, it would be great to keep the whole family together till the very end.

I do look forward to trying this when I've finished my immortal one, just two left to go on that *fingers crossed*, the goals really help me keep going with generational games otherwise they get to a point of having it all and nothing to strive for anymore.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #192 on: August 26, 2013, 09:33:54 AM »
There are still some issues with the collections:

Since more than one person will contribute to the collection, the percentages from the collections skill journal won't be much help. That said, will it be okay to use collecting methods that don't register in the journal -- the miner, dumpster diving, and the witches' conversion ritual?

What about will o'the wisps? Some people say that they quit spawning when Showtime came out, being replaced by fireflies. Can a butterfly collection be considered complete without them?

I'm assuming we won't be able to buy plants from the grocery store and then plant them. However, if you want to get the omni plant, you have to buy steak and hamburger; would it be possible to buy those items? Also, will all plants have to be alive at the time of moving?

Can we use mounted fish rather than fish in bowls and aquariums, or a mix? (I'm not sure whether the sea polyps, etc. can be mounted).

On the issue of service rewards -- I'm assuming that a hero medal for Ghost Hunting and a hero medal for Firefighting would be considered two different medals. If I'm wrong, I'd like to find out now.

Thanks, and thanks again for an interesting challenge!

When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #193 on: August 26, 2013, 10:06:09 AM »
Okay, hopefully most of the following addresses Turoskel's post. I made some edits to the rule set just now:

Heir #4, #8, and #12 are your "moving heirs." They cannot have a baby before moving to a new world. They must move to a new neighborhood and need to Try For Baby no later than 4 days after arriving in the new neighborhood.

Items/Sims Heirs #4, #8, and #12 can take to the next world:
• A spouse or potential spouse. No other Sims may move to the next world. You can also wait to find a spouse for an heir in the next neighborhood.
• Heirs #4, #8, and #12 and their spouses/potential spouses are allowed to pack up any career rewards that they earned before the move. They cannot bring career rewards from other Sims.
• The family graveyard

Before beginning play in a new neighborhood you are allowed a one time tweaking/customization of options like the weather, Supernaturals, and Celebrities.

-----------

MarianT I will get to your questions today.

Edit: Can anyone think of a potential simpler/easier to understand requirement that the family could do instead of a collection? The whole collection thing seems to be a big issue and too complicated for my tastes. There has to be something better. I'll put my thinking cap on also.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #194 on: August 26, 2013, 11:11:39 AM »
Thank you Metro, so glad we can take the graveyard and tweak the weather ;D

I feel the biggest problem with collections, as Marian already said regarding will-o-wisps, some are only 100% possible in certain towns, it feels a little limiting I guess, depending on the ep's you own collections vary for example if you have IP you have an extra 8 fish only available from diving meaning fish can only be done in Isla Paradiso.

Or Bridgeport to get 100% butterflies, will-o-wisps do still spawn there, but for some people that town is unplayable.

I enjoyed the collection part of the Townie dynasty when I played it, I personally feel it's the 'complete collection' part that has complicated the issue, maybe a fixed number of items like the townie one instead of 100% of that collectable would help, perhaps 16 different items of a type per town to go with the 16 generations, and if it's a smaller collection like fireflies or not enough due to less ep's have the choice of using two together, 8 fireflies plus 8 metals or the 8 seashells maybe.

Anyway just my random musings, I'm sure somebody else can think of a better idea.