Author Topic: 4x4 Dynasty Workbench  (Read 68609 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: 4x4 Dynasty Workbench
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2013, 06:20:51 PM »
Nothing says you can't have a baby until the requirements except for Generations 4, 8, & 12 who have to have their children in the next town.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2013, 07:13:43 PM »
Doesn't it say that those four requirements are required before you bring in the next heir? That's what I read . . .
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2013, 07:16:06 PM »
Rica,
Each heir has 4 requirements that must be completed before the birth of the next heir...

I'm pretty sure Audren and Marian was basing their inquiries on this.

My personal preference would be to kick the requirements of the birth, especially with the shortened lifespan, but that's just me.

Edit: Rosa beat me to it!

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2013, 07:37:21 PM »
This looks like a really amazing challenge! Can't wait for August 31st  ;)

One thing I'd like to ask though, regarding adding an heir. Would it be the case that your founders would bring the first heir without doing any requirements and then Heir #1 would be the first to do the requirements to add an heir, similar to the DecaDynasty?
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2013, 08:48:36 PM »
That's my understanding, that the founders' only requirement is to Try for Baby - what appears to be debated is when - immediately, or when they're a bit more financially stable.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2013, 09:55:11 PM »
I would also like to stipulate that you can't sell the rabbit holes or properties before moving.   It will be money lost as well.

I just checked -- if you use the phone or computer to move to a different town, your properties are automatically sold and the cash is given to the new household.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #66 on: August 06, 2013, 02:56:31 AM »
That makes the idea of a fixed starting amount in a new town even more appealing else the challenge has gone, I quite liked the 4000 starting funds idea to go with all the fours. Would make you think twice about buying an expensive empty mansion when you move as the first few bills would leave you broke.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #67 on: August 06, 2013, 06:29:55 AM »
There are a few ways to bring down funds. The familyfunds cheat is probably the simplest. Another way is to buy expensive items and leave them in family inventory, or use TCE and ctrl shift click to delete them. Im not sure about moving out the heir within town while leaving the rest of the family. I cant test right now, as my computer is being redone with my new SSD :-D

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #68 on: August 06, 2013, 08:23:41 AM »
When you move the heir to a different house within a town before moving to the new town (the Edit Town move), you will be limited to the worth of the house from the previous town. (There must be a simpler way to say all that.)

Example Heir 4 of family worth 78,000,000 simoleons buys a house worth 35,000. In the new town, Heir 4 has 35,000.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Jamie

• Occult
« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2013, 09:48:15 AM »
I understand why you all would want a set amount of money after the move to a new town but my opinion is that we should be able to keep the money we earn. I'd hate for the hard work my sims put in to go to waste.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2013, 10:47:00 AM »
I personally would like Sims to have to earn their money the old fashioned way and not by just doing a few midas touch spells.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline smartburn

• Occult
« Reply #71 on: August 06, 2013, 11:03:41 AM »
I agree with both simfulicious and Turoskel regarding starting funds in the new town. I like the $4K idea, but like simfulicious I think the funds should be altered after the house is purchased in the new town. You'd be able to reap the benefits of your hard work in the previous generations and won't be forced to pick a starter house if you don't want to. However, like Turoskel said, you might not want the $300K house when you only have $4K in the bank.

[Note: As I started writing this before Rachel replied, I do want to say that if Midas Touch will not be allowed (which I believe it should be since it's allowed in the other dynasties and it's not the only method of quick mega bucks in the game, even if it's the quickest), then I'm more in agreement with Jamie or at least some sort of compromise between the two ideas.]

I also like MarianT's idea of trying for baby within 4 days rather than giving birth by then. The DecaDynasty birth requirement doesn't translate well given that it's just about an entire lifestage here, but cutting that by more than half is a little too much. I've had difficulty getting couples I've made for the express purpose of procreation get in the mood within 24 sim hours, let alone other couples and townies, and if the starting couple doesn't try for baby by 11ish on Sunday evening, it's hello main menu. I could see myself getting very frustrated playing for less time than it did to alter the town (I would also add "and create the founders", but that's on me, hehe).
I suppose all this brings up another question, now that I think about it - will the parents have to live together at the time of trying for baby like the other dynasties, or can the heirs (or founder if applicable) be single parents?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #72 on: August 06, 2013, 12:12:41 PM »
Great suggestions everyone! :) I will try and catch up and reread everything posted to date and make the appropriate edits in the next few days. Keep em coming.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #73 on: August 06, 2013, 12:18:58 PM »
Do you leave your collections in the old house or pack them up when you move?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #74 on: August 06, 2013, 12:25:33 PM »
Do you leave your collections in the old house or pack them up when you move?

My gut feeling is leave them. What's everyone else think? Each collection the family does is basically for that given neighborhood, so might as well let the neighborhood enjoy it hehe. The only thing that might be nice is for a final photo of all collections for potential Hall of Famers.

anything