Author Topic: 4x4 Dynasty Workbench  (Read 68246 times)

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
Re: 4x4 Dynasty Workbench
« Reply #285 on: August 28, 2013, 04:20:08 PM »
...you are far more likely to get woohooium or a flourite than anything else..
Yep, had both of those.  In fact, I almost rely on it as a source of woohooium.  Lots of gems, too, although I can't remember getting any other metals.  Live and learn :).

(Completely off-topic: and I've never had a single sculpting gnome!)

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #286 on: August 28, 2013, 05:00:37 PM »
I've gotten supernovium from sculptures, but not compendium.

(I wish I could send you my sculpting gnomes, I've had them take over a whole WA chest.)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #287 on: August 28, 2013, 06:54:00 PM »
(Completely off-topic: and I've never had a single sculpting gnome!)
I get them every time I turn around
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #288 on: August 28, 2013, 07:11:53 PM »
I just did some experimenting with deathfish. I sent one worth over 600 to be mounted. It came back worth 240 - the cost of the mounting. When I put one in a bowl, it didn't register any value. When I immediately sold it, I got 68, the price of the depreciated bowl. Could I dig a pond and stock it with deathfish taking the value of the 4 best ones? Any other ideas? Maybe stick them in the fridge, if I do it just before the big move?

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #289 on: August 28, 2013, 08:48:56 PM »
You can get both supernovium and compendium from scultping, and I think you can get supernovium rummaging in trash cans.

When travelling if you find enough dive well fragments you can reconstruct one and set whatever treasure you like to the dive well. Before you set the treasure, clone the dive well as many times as you want, and you can just keep diving for treasures (you can only use each dive well once).

I have a suggestion for those who would like to make the collecting harder (I also agree on harder) - have the quality of the items add up to make a multiplier for the total value, giving a final scoring value. That way, if you want it to be easy, you just use the easiest items to add up to the total value (was it 16k or 4k now??). If you want a higher scoring value, use higher quality items.

However, I still like the idea of complete collections, but removing the restrictions on how you complete the collection. If the butterfly collector challenge does indeed unlock the will-o-the-wisps, then I'm assuming it does something to the times that they spawn? Does anyone who knows the code have something to back this up? Certain collections would obviously require planning - but isn't that the point?

Lastly, the 150k LTHP is a cakewalk - at least for painters. I'm working on an immortal dynasty, and My first four painters were all elders when they joined the household, and easily achieved over 150k LTHPs - without wish enhancing serums.

-----------

Edited to ask: Do school awards count as reward objects? Eg: valedictorian, most likely to offend etc? What about driving skill certificate? Trophies from after-class activities?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #290 on: August 28, 2013, 09:23:48 PM »
I just did some experimenting with deathfish. I sent one worth over 600 to be mounted. It came back worth 240 - the cost of the mounting. When I put one in a bowl, it didn't register any value. When I immediately sold it, I got 68, the price of the depreciated bowl. Could I dig a pond and stock it with deathfish taking the value of the 4 best ones? Any other ideas? Maybe stick them in the fridge, if I do it just before the big move?

If the fish is in your inventory or fridge, you can drag it and leave it on the floor :)

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #291 on: August 28, 2013, 09:33:59 PM »
I have a suggestion for those who would like to make the collecting harder (I also agree on harder) - have the quality of the items add up to make a multiplier for the total value, giving a final scoring value. That way, if you want it to be easy, you just use the easiest items to add up to the total value (was it 16k or 4k now??). If you want a higher scoring value, use higher quality items.
This is an intriguing idea. However, I don't know if that would work, since I recall one of the Challenge Moderators once said that the Dynasties aren't about scores, it's about completion.

But I do find your idea very intriguing.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #292 on: August 28, 2013, 09:36:41 PM »
It is most definitely about completion, but there is a scoring component  - at least in the immortal dynasty - I haven't played the others. For the immortal dynasty it is the value of your museum at the end, hence the strategy of using mortal painters/sculptors/photographers.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #293 on: August 29, 2013, 03:20:38 AM »
However, I still like the idea of complete collections, but removing the restrictions on how you complete the collection. If the butterfly collector challenge does indeed unlock the will-o-the-wisps, then I'm assuming it does something to the times that they spawn? Does anyone who knows the code have something to back this up? Certain collections would obviously require planning - but isn't that the point?

They spawn during the day in normal butterfly spawn hours but they only stay about for around four hours total unlike the others who hang around till they get switched off at 7pm.

That is from repeated in game experience as the code still has them listed for night time spawns, same with the butterfly collector challenge setting them to appear, that may be somewhere else in the code but it is not under insects spawners. There are five spawn points located in Bridgeport but I wont elaborate where as the collecting challenge is still ongoing  ;)

Although the butterfly collector seems to trigger them to spawn it's still no good unless you are in Bridgeport as they are not included in the butterfly spawners. As you say it requires planning but also to get those it would force your choice of town.

As for scoring, to be honest I'm just pleased I've got as far as I have in my Immortal Dynasty, museum value is a total afterthought for me, I'm not worried about a score although I know some people like them, I personally like the fact the Dynasties aren't really a competition between players but a personal journey, and a fun one too  ;D

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #294 on: August 29, 2013, 06:24:43 AM »
alrighty...good morning everyone. We are getting down to the wire, folks—48 hours until kick off. First up on the agenda today is nailing down the family collection thing. It seems to me that most players are okay with the 16k total, so I am going to work on that and edit that in the rules as well as ban purchases from the consignment store (selling I see no issue with).

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #295 on: August 29, 2013, 07:08:08 AM »
I see people started the talk aobut having a scoring for this dynasty, will we have that?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #296 on: August 29, 2013, 07:31:45 AM »
I see people started the talk aobut having a scoring for this dynasty, will we have that?

I have no issue with players simply noting the value of their 4 collections when they submit info for the HOF. But, no one is ranked like in the Tournament challenges. If someone's 4 collections are worth 10 million and another player's is worth 50k it makes no difference — they're both in the Hall of Fame.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #297 on: August 29, 2013, 07:33:41 AM »
So, for example you'd have paintings, beetles, butterflies, and photographs as your 4 types of sets in one town. In another town you might have celebrity freebie gifts, inventions, street art, and fish.

Does this means we can't repeat object type in the next world?  Like have paintings in world 1 and world 2 ?

Also for the familyfunds 4K retriction, are any of the below against rules?

Example 1 -- I could start with 2 CAS sims, move into empty house, family funds set to 4k -- then befriend one of the rich family (like Altos) and move them in.
Example 2 -- I could start with 2 existing townie couples, load in game, family funds set to 4k -- then start selling furnitures to get funds up.
Example 3 -- I could start with 1 CAS sim, move into empty house, family funds set to 4k -- then marry a super rich spouse (like Agnes) and move her in.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #298 on: August 29, 2013, 08:01:42 AM »
I have no issue with players simply noting the value of their 4 collections when they submit info for the HOF. But, no one is ranked like in the Tournament challenges. If someone's 4 collections are worth 10 million and another player's is worth 50k it makes no difference — they're both in the Hall of Fame.
Its more will you note it like you do for the immortal dynasty in the hall of fame or not?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #299 on: August 29, 2013, 11:26:03 AM »
So, for example you'd have paintings, beetles, butterflies, and photographs as your 4 types of sets in one town. In another town you might have celebrity freebie gifts, inventions, street art, and fish.

Does this means we can't repeat object type in the next world?  Like have paintings in world 1 and world 2 ?

Originally I was of the thinking with the 4k per set rule that you could repeat types in other worlds. Now that we're loosening up a bit and having it as 16k for the whole collection I am thinking all 16 sets need to be of a unique type. What's everyone else think?

Also for the familyfunds 4K retriction, are any of the below against rules?

Example 1 -- I could start with 2 CAS sims, move into empty house, family funds set to 4k -- then befriend one of the rich family (like Altos) and move them in.
Example 2 -- I could start with 2 existing townie couples, load in game, family funds set to 4k -- then start selling furnitures to get funds up.
Example 3 -- I could start with 1 CAS sim, move into empty house, family funds set to 4k -- then marry a super rich spouse (like Agnes) and move her in.

All are fine. I have no issues with these tricks. If someone wants to make things more challenging for themselves without a huge influx of cash at the get-go, then they will do that.