Author Topic: 4x4 Dynasty Workbench  (Read 68243 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: 4x4 Dynasty Workbench
« Reply #135 on: August 09, 2013, 10:59:43 AM »
Oh you're absolutely right, I forgot Consignment! Yes, KRae, you are totally fine because on top of having exactly 48 you also have the three Consignment challenges available to you.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #136 on: August 09, 2013, 11:05:12 AM »
When I originally came up with the Immortal Dynasty I remember Pam really wanted it to be such that players could do it with only the base game. I get that. It made sense at the time — think about it — it was just 2010 with a couple expansions having been released at that point. Players were still getting into the game. But now it's a different situation. The game is in its twilight and the vast majority of players are going to have at least a couple expansions, so requiring players to have more content for this Dynasty is okay for me.
Metro, I agree with you--most people have at least a few expansions, the early ones are quite cheap now, and if they don't have any at all then there is still the Immortal Dynasty. I think it's perfectly fine to have a dynasty that can't be completed with base game.
I agree, too - most people will have an expansion or three - and the Life States couldn't be done with just the base game, either. I was just pointing it out.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #137 on: August 09, 2013, 01:05:37 PM »
Yes of course (slaps forehead)...I don't know how sculpting and inventing slipped my mind! I'll call it a senior moment. I'm in my 60's. It's always a good excuse.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #138 on: August 10, 2013, 04:05:48 AM »
Another couple of questions:
  • Are kids/teens allowed to do scavenger hunts  Edit: ...and count them as unique opportunities?
  • What can be taken to a new town by the 'moving heirs'?  If they can take whatever they like, that would make a bit of a nonsense of the §4000 money limit.  The same rule as for moving in the DecaDynasty would seem like a good idea (to me anyway).

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #139 on: August 10, 2013, 08:37:34 AM »
Typical that the week your internet goes down something exiting happens..  ::) It all looks great! Although a very long challenge!
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #140 on: August 10, 2013, 10:09:53 AM »
::) It all looks great! Although a very long challenge!

I have not crunched the numbers but I am guessing that 16 generations on Medium will take no longer than the DecaDynasty's 10 generations on Normal. Might even be quicker.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #141 on: August 10, 2013, 10:19:47 AM »
hazelnut, it says in the rules that school opportunities will not count as the 4 required unique opportunities.

I agree with you on limiting what the heir can take to the next town. The only thing I can think of that you can't get rid of is the imaginary friend doll. It might be nice to keep the heirs' diplomas (which aren't worth anything), and of course, any Margaret Vaguesters they've acquired (joke!).
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #142 on: August 10, 2013, 11:09:18 AM »
hazelnut, it says in the rules that school opportunities will not count as the 4 required unique opportunities.
Yes, I know - but scavenger hunts are special opportunities, unless I'm getting mixed up (entirely possible :) ).

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #143 on: August 10, 2013, 11:38:51 AM »
I've always assumed they were school -- I'll have to check the next time a child sim gets one.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #144 on: August 10, 2013, 12:36:58 PM »
Nah, the wording implies it's from school, but it's definitely a special opportunity and they'll keep them after ageing up. Very useful if you never turn them in because they'll continue to show you where all the gems/metals/butterflies/what have you are.

By samoht04

Offline simmersforever

• Nooboo
« Reply #145 on: August 11, 2013, 12:44:50 PM »
When I originally came up with the Immortal Dynasty I remember Pam really wanted it to be such that players could do it with only the base game. I get that. It made sense at the time — think about it — it was just 2010 with a couple expansions having been released at that point. Players were still getting into the game. But now it's a different situation. The game is in its twilight and the vast majority of players are going to have at least a couple expansions, so requiring players to have more content for this Dynasty is okay for me.
How about we just have the people with the base game download Riverview and just go from Sunset Valley, to Riverview, back to Sunset Valley, and back to Riverview again.
Just a suggestion, of course. There are still some people who only have EPs that don't come with towns (e.g: Seasons, Generations etc...)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #146 on: August 11, 2013, 12:54:44 PM »
Going from Riverview to Sunset Valley is perfectly acceptable.  The problem with just base game is not having the required careers or skill challenges.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #147 on: August 11, 2013, 03:24:43 PM »
Been doing some testing and my Mad Old Fish Lady just caught 103% of all available fish, apparently :P.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #148 on: August 12, 2013, 04:58:48 AM »
Lol, she should have stayed at 100%, now you've failed the dynasty attempt! :P

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #149 on: August 12, 2013, 05:16:47 AM »
 ;D It's a good job it was only a test.  I was wondering how many different fish there were with my current EPs.  It'd be nice if you could rely on the journal stats, though.