Author Topic: 4x4 Dynasty Workbench  (Read 68258 times)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: 4x4 Dynasty Workbench
« Reply #75 on: August 06, 2013, 12:36:27 PM »
I should have also asked about leaving the service rewards. You can have my collections. You can even have my police cruiser, but please not my special refrigerator!

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #76 on: August 06, 2013, 12:40:49 PM »
I vote for the collection photos too, but with the moving heir in the photo too.

In regards to starting funds, I agree with 4k for the founders of the first neighborhood, and with 4k for the new neighborhoods, post-house purchase. Look at it kind of like the family being left behind is acquiring this one last gift for the new founder. Most new neighborhoods also tend to have the most expensive houses already occupied anyway, right? So no moving Heir 4 from Riverview into the Altos' residence, for example.

If we aren't looking at collection values, how about making it part of the rules that the collections must be maintained off the household lot? (Private lots did come with the IP patch, right? My memory fails me this morning.)

Hmm, another thought is, why not take a photo of each couple (the "take romantic picture" option with the smart phone) or each family (photobooth that came with Showtime or the other one with Seasons), and those pictures have to travel with the heirs? So that generation 16 would also pose with a gallery of the previous generations? It'd be a nice continuity touch.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #77 on: August 06, 2013, 12:47:50 PM »
I've got another question. When choosing your starting household, I know you couldn't have a household that contained children, even if they weren't actually children, so households like the Clavells or the Pidgins were off-limits. Is this not the case in this dynasty? Would I be able to have Xander as one of my founders because he doesn't have any children?
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #78 on: August 06, 2013, 02:11:02 PM »
Since we're making suggestions, as it's a workbench -

All three current Dynasties ban alien abduction babies and Simbots. Since there does not appear to be any restrictions on who can come and go (and when), it seems to me that "fairies/werewolves/vampires/genies/mummies/other long life occult I'm forgetting" are permitted to join, but are not part of the permitted bloodline. That being the case, can we allow the abduction babies and Simbots this time around? It's new and different, at any rate.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #79 on: August 06, 2013, 02:30:29 PM »
The reason we don't allow mummies and simbots is because they are always in the elder life stage and it lasts longer than a normal elder life stage.

Abduction babies if birthed by an heir would break the rules and it's simpler to say all abduction babies are banned than put stipulations on it.

also - the photo thing is nice but that's aesthetics that I think should be up to the player not mandatory. 

I mean you obviously need heirs to die to get tombstones so you're never going to have all four people alive at the time of moving. 

And Snuffles we were going to hold true to the fact like the townie deca.. no children in a starting household.. so no Xander as a starter but you could move in him just like in the Townie Deca.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #80 on: August 06, 2013, 02:36:43 PM »
Ah, fair enough. I don't play mummies, and the few Simbots I've ever played always died sooner than an elder who started as one at the time of their creation (or were one prior), so I didn't realise that their elder life stage is extended. And I didn't even think about male heirs breaking rules (I have never ever had an alien abduction baby :().

What I was looking at with the photo (at least the collection aspect) is that say the first town is like this: Carl and Buffy have the first heir, Pam, who then gives birth to Rachel, who then gives birth to Metro, who then fathers Rica. Before Rica is booted off to Bridgeport, she poses for the photo with the collections. Then she moves, and starts the whole process over again. But, as you say, it's more an aesthetic thing. Was a thought I just stole from the Townie DecaDynasty.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #81 on: August 06, 2013, 02:40:31 PM »
I like taking a picture of the four collections.

I just meant taking photos with the other couples was aesthetics kind of like when I did my hall of fame photo and included the ice sculpture of every person who had been in the house in that photo.  I didn't have to make those sculptures or paint the pictures I did for them that was my choice not a dynasty requirement.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #82 on: August 06, 2013, 02:44:22 PM »
 :-\ I should learn to read better. Can I blame unwellness on that? (No, I didn't think so :P)

I'd like to clarify, then, we are allowed to move in the longer life occults who won't be part of the bloodline, right?

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #83 on: August 06, 2013, 02:45:13 PM »
Okay, the founders and heir #4, 8, and 12 all need try Try for Baby no later than Week 1 Day 4. I added that to the rules. I also stated that players need to use the family funds cheat to bring household funds to 4k simoleans after a lot has been purchased in every neighborhood.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #84 on: August 06, 2013, 02:47:08 PM »
Metro it won't be Week 1 Day 4 in the new neighborhoods just so you know.  Using the in game method - the clock continues where it left off in the old neighborhood. 

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #85 on: August 06, 2013, 02:57:40 PM »
Metro it won't be Week 1 Day 4 in the new neighborhoods just so you know.  Using the in game method - the clock continues where it left off in the old neighborhood.

Ah, okay. I have not done the in game method to be honest. I remember doing the old school method in an old challenge and the 2nd neighborhood read Week 1 Day after the move.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #86 on: August 06, 2013, 05:16:39 PM »
I mean you obviously need heirs to die to get tombstones so you're never going to have all four people alive at the time of moving. 

The rules say 4 large tombstones, but don't specify they must belong to heirs. Is that a requirement, or may they be from any household member?

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #87 on: August 06, 2013, 05:22:40 PM »
The rules say 4 large tombstones, but don't specify they must belong to heirs. Is that a requirement, or may they be from any household member?

It specifically says that the neighborhood requirements can only be gotten by founders and heirs.  Tombstones are a neighborhood requirement.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #88 on: August 06, 2013, 05:24:20 PM »
Ohhhh, I did not make that connection. Sorry!  :-[

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #89 on: August 06, 2013, 05:31:30 PM »
That's fine. Better to catch it now not later right?!

anything