Author Topic: 4x4 Dynasty Workbench  (Read 68257 times)

Danielle Haydis

Re: 4x4 Dynasty Workbench
« Reply #226 on: August 26, 2013, 10:34:18 PM »
Perhaps make them of a certain quality to add more challenge, so only brilliant or masterpiece, hit or best seller, rare or unusual, outstanding or perfect, photos over a certain value, that sort of thing.
I agree with this idea.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #227 on: August 26, 2013, 10:59:29 PM »
Thank you for updating the collections. The collections that are easy without traveling are muhsrooms, space rocks, seashells if you use Isla Paradisa as a town, gems if board breaking or witchcraft are allowed, fish if cats are allowed so we can stock ponds and metals if witchcraft is allowed. It would get boring reading stories with the same 6 collectibles over and over again. With the change there could be some fun twists.

To make collections just a bit harder, maybe there could be a restriction: no skills can repeat, and any collectible item must be unique. For instance, if you use 4 metals in the first town, you must use 4 different metals in the second town. Maybe a restriction of 2 skills and 2 collections per town as well to force some uniqueness? 

Are horse trophies a collectible from the skill or a career object? They are awarded for winning a race, but your sim doesn't have to be in the horseman career to win the trophies. Could they do double duty - 4 for a skill object and 4 others for career object?

Tombstones are easy. I plan on keeping every heir alive in the adult age state until the 4th heir is a child, then they can all age up. I'll use either ambrosia or young again potions or whatever. By the time the heir is ready to move, the 4 tombstones former heirs will have died to provide tombstones.That will still leave room for four other sims (generation 4, spouses, spares, helpers, whatever).

I have one unanswered question - will there be any limits on aging up heirs or non-heirs early?

----------------------------
Edited to add another question after re-reading the first post:

I would like to start with Jake and Josephine Coastal in Barnacle Bay. The are both in the adult stage. The requirements state that if we create founders in CAS they have to be young adult. Does that requirement also apply to pre-existing founders?

Ok, one more:

I'm assuming we can use edit town as soon as the move to the next town occurs. Correct?

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #228 on: August 26, 2013, 11:44:53 PM »
Please don't make this to difficult for players with only a few EP's. Some of the collections just aren't possible for us. I don't remember reading a story where what was collected or created was really an element in the story telling.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #229 on: August 27, 2013, 01:20:10 AM »
Is the heir the first born child in each generation?

And only thing about the rules that I bumming me a bit is this one

4). Complete 4 Unique Opportunities. As long as one word in the title of an opportunity is different, then it qualifies as unique. These cannot be opportunities from school or after-school activities.

I know with my luck and maybe the luck of others too, it can take ages before I get opportunities, so having to wait for 4 before I can give birth to the heir is a bummer for me, but I cant figure out something else to put there instead, just wanted to state it.

Offline Rikki8528

• Occult
  • Sims 3 Fan
« Reply #230 on: August 27, 2013, 03:40:39 AM »
I have a few questions about the homes.

a) Would I be correct in assuming your CAS founders could then move in to ANY house or ANY lot they could afford which is unoccupied?

b)When the founders move into this home they are not to move out until Heir #4 moves into the next world, right? But can they buy residential homes?

c)When heirs #4 #8 and #12 move into their new worlds they can move into any home-or lot which is unoccupied?

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #231 on: August 27, 2013, 05:59:05 AM »
Are horse trophies a collectible from the skill or a career object? They are awarded for winning a race, but your sim doesn't have to be in the horseman career to win the trophies. Could they do double duty - 4 for a skill object and 4 others for career object?

Yeah I actually think they could serve double duty. No problem.

I have one unanswered question - will there be any limits on aging up heirs or non-heirs early?

I do not have any issue with you aging anyone up early. It's extending life for heirs that's a no no until they complete their requirements.

----------------------------
Edited to add another question after re-reading the first post:

I would like to start with Jake and Josephine Coastal in Barnacle Bay. The are both in the adult stage. The requirements state that if we create founders in CAS they have to be young adult. Does that requirement also apply to pre-existing founders?

I see no reason why you cannot use them since they can still have a baby and bring in Heir #1.

I'm assuming we can use edit town as soon as the move to the next town occurs. Correct?

Sure. I will edit that in.

----------------------

Is the heir the first born child in each generation?

Yes

And only thing about the rules that I bumming me a bit is this one

4). Complete 4 Unique Opportunities. As long as one word in the title of an opportunity is different, then it qualifies as unique. These cannot be opportunities from school or after-school activities.

I know with my luck and maybe the luck of others too, it can take ages before I get opportunities, so having to wait for 4 before I can give birth to the heir is a bummer for me, but I cant figure out something else to put there instead, just wanted to state it.

4 ops should be doable for everyone. Fingers crossed. :)

--------------------------

I have a few questions about the homes.

a) Would I be correct in assuming your CAS founders could then move in to ANY house or ANY lot they could afford which is unoccupied?

Correct. You make your home choice in all neighborhoods and then bring the family funds down to 4k simoleans. After that you cannot move in a given world.

b)When the founders move into this home they are not to move out until Heir #4 moves into the next world, right? But can they buy residential homes?

Well technically your founders do not need to stay in the home after Heir #1 can live by themselves. However I do not recommend giving them the boot since you'll need the large tombstones for Heir #4 down the road.

c)When heirs #4 #8 and #12 move into their new worlds they can move into any home-or lot which is unoccupied?

Yep. Same answer as above. You make your choice in all worlds. How much money you have is basically the issue. After you choose then bring the funds down to 4k.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #232 on: August 27, 2013, 06:15:33 AM »
Items/Sims Heirs #4, #8, and #12 can take to the next world:
• A spouse or potential spouse. No other Sims may move to the next world. You can also wait to find a spouse for an heir in the next neighborhood.

What if you decide you do not want to use that Spouse, or do you have to because you brought them with you? Also you have to leave previous heirs behind or?

Also for the Tombstone requirement, are we allowed to use Wish Enhancers on the Sims?

Can the Founders have plastic surgery, if they are townies - before conceiving? Like say, you wanted them to have Elf Ears and awesome eyes. :P Also the townie founders option is like the DecaDynasty - they don't have to be living together at the start? Also could you do a mix-match - as in have one CAS and one Townie? E.g. Agnes and CAS Sim?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #233 on: August 27, 2013, 06:29:25 AM »
What if you decide you do not want to use that Spouse, or do you have to because you brought them with you? Also you have to leave previous heirs behind or?

If you leave a neighborhood with a given Sim with the intent that they will be a parent of the next heir in the next world, then you need to stick with that plan. ;)

Also for the Tombstone requirement, are we allowed to use Wish Enhancers on the Sims?

Would it make things too easy? I'd like to make it where getting the 150k happiness points needed is actually work and would prefer players not having a cakewalk.

Can the Founders have plastic surgery, if they are townies - before conceiving? Like say, you wanted them to have Elf Ears and awesome eyes. :P Also the townie founders option is like the DecaDynasty - they don't have to be living together at the start? Also could you do a mix-match - as in have one CAS and one Townie? E.g. Agnes and CAS Sim?

Founders are not tied to the life extending restrictions of heirs, so you're free to give them plastic surgery, etc. And yes to your other questions...as long as you choose Townies that do not already have kids you can pretty much choose whoever. And you could definitely opt for doing only one CAS and then setting your sights on "the Hagness" or whoever ;).

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #234 on: August 27, 2013, 06:44:05 AM »
Just wanted to make sure you saw my question at the bottom of page 9...

Just one minor clarification - allowed to repeat but not required to repeat - correct?

...it was almost sounding like the 1st heir in each world had to contribute the same type of item (heir #1 paintings), although I know that wasn't what was meant I just wanted to clarify.  My brain has been scrambled lately  ???
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #235 on: August 27, 2013, 06:46:00 AM »
Oh I forgot to mention this everyone...I need a nice 4 picture collage for the top of the rule set. What I am envisioning is a screenshot of at least 4 Sims in 4 different towns where you would go..."oh that's definitely Sunset Valley" or Bridgeport, or wherever. I want neighborhood recognition to be key when looking at the rule set screenshot since neighborhoods are a big deal in this Dynasty. So if anyone wants to help out with that I would greatly appreciate it. We can even do some informal voting and see what screenshots everyone likes.

------------

@Teresa — you're right in assuming it's not required. The heir #1 painting thing was only an example.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #236 on: August 27, 2013, 07:27:21 AM »
Would it make things too easy? I'd like to make it where getting the 150k happiness points needed is actually work and would prefer players not having a cakewalk.

The LTHP are based on luck if you ask me, depends on the wishes your Sims roll. I think it will be enough of a challenge on Medium Lifespan anyway, perhaps on Normal it wouldn't as most Elders I play achieve nearly 200k without trying but on Medium I'd think you may have to actually aim for those good wishes.   ???

Oh I forgot to mention this everyone...I need a nice 4 picture collage for the top of the rule set. What I am envisioning is a screenshot of at least 4 Sims in 4 different towns where you would go..."oh that's definitely Sunset Valley" or Bridgeport, or wherever. I want neighborhood recognition to be key when looking at the rule set screenshot since neighborhoods are a big deal in this Dynasty. So if anyone wants to help out with that I would greatly appreciate it. We can even do some informal voting and see what screenshots everyone likes.

I might be able to get some pictures today for voting etc.  :)

Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #237 on: August 27, 2013, 11:17:41 AM »
I agree with Samoht, the wishes are hard enough with the "luck of the draw" method. I'm doing a Townie DecaDynasty, and while the parents are pretty reliable on wishes (they're within 2k of each other, and have hit the 40k mark), the roommate the dad started with is at a pitiful 12k overall. And on medium lifespan, it's even harder - we don't want them to live forever because we want those tombstones, but I would think if you are considering banning the wish enhancing serum, allow the medium in too.

But, that's just me. :)

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #238 on: August 27, 2013, 11:37:08 AM »
How many different players have worked up sample spreadsheets for this Dynasty and could I please have those links again?

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #239 on: August 27, 2013, 12:33:18 PM »
Deklitch's 4x4 Dynasty Spreadsheet.

I will edit this later and remove the collectibles part, unless it's preferred I leave them in so people know where to look for what?