Author Topic: 4x4 Dynasty Workbench  (Read 68241 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: 4x4 Dynasty Workbench
« Reply #300 on: August 29, 2013, 11:32:43 AM »
Haha ok.  I intend to make things super difficult for myself, banning bunch of things (not ban here), its going to be a long hard journey for me :)

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #301 on: August 29, 2013, 11:33:09 AM »
Is it possible to get 16 sets with only a few EPs? I know that was someone's concerns (I think it was KRae's, but I can't find it now).

I'm ok with repeats. It's not hurting anything, and you'll still need to develop a skill to crank out some of the higher value items.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #302 on: August 29, 2013, 11:36:12 AM »
MarianT posted a list of items on Page 11 -- if everything on that list is approved, then we have 24 different sets.

Now myself I dont' have the newest xpac, which is Island, so that would cut it down to 22 different sets for me, which is easily doable.  However like what Shirin said above, people with lesser xpac, is this doable?

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #303 on: August 29, 2013, 11:37:23 AM »
By the way Nutella thank you for the photo submission. Here is another from Snufflesxx:

Both are good, but I can only choose one, so if anyone has a preference feel free to voice your opinion. Sending me a quick PM is also fine. Thanks again to both of you.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #304 on: August 29, 2013, 11:38:57 AM »
Oh I definitely like Snufflesxx one way better, I vote Snufflesxx.  As you can tell I have no photoshop experience :(

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #305 on: August 29, 2013, 11:50:26 AM »
What about people with lesser possible x-pacs are allowed to repeat the collections, just like they can repeat neighbourhoods?

Danielle Haydis

« Reply #306 on: August 29, 2013, 12:04:52 PM »
I mean no offense, Nutella, when I say I prefer Snuflesxx picture. Yours is really great too. But I like how Snufflesxx picture includes the well-known sims in each town.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #307 on: August 29, 2013, 12:49:53 PM »
Okay I am cutting players with fewer expansions a little slack —

"If you are limited in the different types of sets you can come up with due to fewer expansions, then you have permission to repeat certain types when you move to new neighborhoods. Otherwise, please make all 16 sets of a unique type."

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #308 on: August 29, 2013, 12:57:03 PM »
Glad you're cutting the players with fewer expansions some slack -- I was trying to figure out whether you could get by with Ambitions and World Adventures, but that still came to only 13 collections.

As for the pictures, I have to go with the one of Hunter Cottoneye in Riverview; otherwise both submissions are great.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #309 on: August 29, 2013, 01:30:55 PM »
Thanks for cutting me some slack. My options are limited. I'll mix it up as best as I can. I think I can balance lower values with higher and be okay. May I use spirits as one? I think that would give me 12 so I would only have limited repeats. (edit) Make that 14. I forgot plants and fish.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #310 on: August 29, 2013, 02:00:57 PM »
I just did some experimenting with deathfish. I sent one worth over 600 to be mounted. It came back worth 240 - the cost of the mounting. When I put one in a bowl, it didn't register any value. When I immediately sold it, I got 68, the price of the depreciated bowl.
It must have changed on a patch.  Should have checked my information wasn't out-of-date.  Sorry.

If the fish is in your inventory or fridge, you can drag it and leave it on the floor :)
Oh yes, I'd forgotten you can do that :-[.  Do they still all look the same?   I think that's also changed with a patch - maybe the same one that reduced the value in bowls.

I really like the idea of sixteen different collections. Comparing Marian’s list with the allowed collections for the DecaDynasty and Life States Dynasty, these are possible additions (if allowed).
  • Career rewards  Edit: oops!  Obviously this one can't count.  It's already a separate reqirement.
  • LTHP reward objects
  • Skill certificates
  • Spirits
  • Criminal career objects  Edit: probably out for the same reason as the other career objects.
  • Relics
  • Stolen items
  • Wildflowers
  • Festival eggs
  • Samples from the science skill
  • Upgraded appliances  (although the value has very little to do with the skill)
  • Afterschool activity trophies
  • Time travel items
  • Field trip souvenirs (although it seems very unlikely that a single Sim could get four)
  • Messages in bottles

Also, allowing different subtypes, like both paintings and sketches or different types of small pet (turtles, lizards, rodents, birds, snakes) would expand the possibilities for people with fewer expansions.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #311 on: August 29, 2013, 02:52:03 PM »
Ok, so more clarification (hurray for planning ahead):

For players who want to play in Isla Paradiso, do the resorts also count as part of the Own All Properties requirement? As in, have to have also opened Hobart's, and purchased the other two whose names escape me currently?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #312 on: August 29, 2013, 03:38:04 PM »
Ok, so more clarification (hurray for planning ahead):

For players who want to play in Isla Paradiso, do the resorts also count as part of the Own All Properties requirement? As in, have to have also opened Hobart's, and purchased the other two whose names escape me currently?

Well that would make sense to me if it can be purchased. Other players feelings on this? I confess I have yet to play in that town.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #313 on: August 29, 2013, 03:40:40 PM »
Well that would make sense to me if it can be purchased. Other players feelings on this? I confess I have yet to play in that town.

I would say you have to purchase them.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #314 on: August 29, 2013, 04:00:33 PM »
It works either way for me, they're roughly on par with the hospital in SV anyway.

Also, the heirs' spouses can be moved in prior to try for baby, is the heir the one that has to invite them (like in the Lifestates), or can any household member do it?

Can we throw life state changing elixirs at non-founders and non-heirs? (Like bottled of fae blessings at the roommate couple you moved in)

anything