Author Topic: 4x4 Dynasty Workbench  (Read 68254 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: 4x4 Dynasty Workbench
« Reply #255 on: August 27, 2013, 05:36:56 PM »
I think you could get a collection of 16 items that was worth 4K simoleons. The plasma bug (if you have university) is worth 3K or 5K (I forget which). Potions and racing trophies aren't worth anything, but you could pair them up with gems and sculptures. I'd rather go the 4K route overall than have to get rare/perfect items.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #256 on: August 27, 2013, 06:54:27 PM »
I think you could get a collection of 16 items that was worth 4K simoleons. The plasma bug (if you have university) is worth 3K or 5K (I forget which). Potions and racing trophies aren't worth anything, but you could pair them up with gems and sculptures. I'd rather go the 4K route overall than have to get rare/perfect items.

Me too. It's simpler. And I could even extend it and basically say "all types of items qualify" even celebrity freebies. I mean if you have 4 celebrity freebies worth 4k each..hey, why not?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #257 on: August 27, 2013, 07:03:21 PM »
I'd like some clarification, 'cause it seems like I'm reading this 2 different ways.

I'm reading Marian's post as "entire collection is worth 4k" - thus, on average, each item would be worth about 250 simoleans.

And I'm reading Metro's post as "each item in the collection is worth 4k apiece" - thus, the entire collection is worth a minimum of 64,000 simoleans.

(Edit: watcher status! *cheer*)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #258 on: August 27, 2013, 08:27:03 PM »
This is getting complicated and confusing again. With my measly 3 EPs I'm going to have to plan meticulously just to complete the 3 unique skill challenges. I can do a 4k collection per town, but I just don't have the collection options to manage 64k. I would really prefer not having to worry about the worth of the collection and maybe just have no repeat items throughout the entire challenge.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #259 on: August 28, 2013, 06:26:31 AM »
This is getting complicated and confusing again. With my measly 3 EPs I'm going to have to plan meticulously just to complete the 3 unique skill challenges. I can do a 4k collection per town, but I just don't have the collection options to manage 64k. I would really prefer not having to worry about the worth of the collection and maybe just have no repeat items throughout the entire challenge.

Ah, beautiful...if each heir's collection (4 items) needed to have a minimum value of 4k simoleans instead of each individual item it would greatly expand options for players. I like it. But, the last thing I want is for this to be more confusing and complicated. What I am suggesting is to basically say almost any type of object qualifies as long as the set of 4 items is worth at least 4k.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #260 on: August 28, 2013, 07:01:46 AM »
I would have a hard time coming up with 4 beetles adding up to 4k. Even the rainbow beetle just isn't worth much. Same with butterflies, fish, plants, space rocks, etc. I feel like we are getting away from the original group project idea and into another individual heir challenge, and at least for some, eliminating many of the original collection categories. I mean a perfect fruit of life is only worth 100 simoleons. I would like to keep the 4X4 family collection the way you currently have it written.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #261 on: August 28, 2013, 07:27:14 AM »
Yeah that's probably easily achievable except the requirement is for a Large Tombstone, unless that's what you meant.

My main concern is that there is a maximum of 4 tombstones in three worlds, if you don't achieve one of those tombstones in one of those three worlds then it's a failure. I'd be fine if there were going to be five possibles in all of the worlds like the first as then you'd have a back-up if you don't get one of them.  ???

I did mean the large grave.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #262 on: August 28, 2013, 07:40:03 AM »
Ah, beautiful...if each heir's collection (4 items) needed to have a minimum value of 4k simoleans instead of each individual item it would greatly expand options for players. I like it. But, the last thing I want is for this to be more confusing and complicated. What I am suggesting is to basically say almost any type of object qualifies as long as the set of 4 items is worth at least 4k.

I like this, this brings it back to being challenging again. Instead of just cake walk, because without this you could just collect (a waterbug, a ladybug, a coachroch, and a (fourth bettle, cant remember more names)) And that would be to easy for my taste.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #263 on: August 28, 2013, 07:48:32 AM »
I like this, this brings it back to being challenging again. Instead of just cake walk, because without this you could just collect (a waterbug, a ladybug, a coachroch, and a (fourth bettle, cant remember more names)) And that would be to easy for my taste.

I'll wait for more feedback before making a final change and requiring that each heir set needs to be worth a minimum of 4k.

@Krae I appreciate your feedback. By the way, 4 deathfish can easily top 4k. But, while this new restriction may toss out some categories/types of items I would loosen up and just basically say you can use any type of item so long as the set is worth 4k and each set is a unique type of item.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #264 on: August 28, 2013, 08:05:38 AM »
How about the 16 items have to be worth 16K? That way, you could still do chemistry potions or racing trophies if you wanted, as long as they were paired with gems or sculptures.

Incidentally, I've put together a list of possible collections (depending on the decision regarding the worth) if people are interested.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #265 on: August 28, 2013, 08:52:08 AM »
So we could use 4 deathfish and not 4 different kinds of fish? And what, 4 money bag? I just did some checking with my immortal dynasty. They have complete collections of everything available to me in Sunset Valley. Top 4 gems total 12,462, metals 3802 (if these didn't have to be all different metals it could be much higher), butterflies only 1,868 and sorry there's no way to catch 4 rainbows in medium lifespan, beetles 2,043. I didn't save the space rocks - they're not pretty. A multi-generation 16k collection would bring more variety to the collections and bring back the group effort aspect.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #266 on: August 28, 2013, 10:21:39 AM »
How about the 16 items have to be worth 16K? That way, you could still do chemistry potions or racing trophies if you wanted, as long as they were paired with gems or sculptures.

I like this idea a lot. Well done.

Incidentally, I've put together a list of possible collections (depending on the decision regarding the worth) if people are interested.

Please do, Marian. Post it right here going off of your suggestion above.

So we could use 4 deathfish and not 4 different kinds of fish? And what, 4 money bag? I just did some checking with my immortal dynasty. They have complete collections of everything available to me in Sunset Valley. Top 4 gems total 12,462, metals 3802 (if these didn't have to be all different metals it could be much higher), butterflies only 1,868 and sorry there's no way to catch 4 rainbows in medium lifespan, beetles 2,043. I didn't save the space rocks - they're not pretty. A multi-generation 16k collection would bring more variety to the collections and bring back the group effort aspect.

Looks like I am leaning towards the 16k total at this point. I like the sound of the 4k per set more, but the point of the Family collection is that it is indeed a group effort. The 4k per set makes it feel more of an individual heir thing and they already have their responsibilities.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #267 on: August 28, 2013, 11:05:53 AM »
Ok, so we are looking at each town's family collection is worth a minimum of 16k simoleans, or (on average) 1k simolean for each item.

And it doesn't matter if the items in each heir's section is identical (such as the 4 deathfish mentioned by Metro)?

Works for me!

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #268 on: August 28, 2013, 11:22:20 AM »
I just want to throw in my 2 cents.

4 Large Tombstones:
World #1 -- your founders (2 sims) + heir 1 + heir 2 = 4 tombstones
This means heir 3 doesn't have to die or get 150k lifetime happiness points before dying so Heir 4 can move -- which is very reasonable.

HOWEVER

World #2 -- heir 4 + heir 5 + heir 6 + heir 7 = 4 tombstones
Needing heir 7  to get 150k plus die before heir 8 can move might be a bit tough for others.  Even if I can extend heir 7 life to get the happiness points, your heir 8 might already be an elder before heir 7 get 150k and dies before heir 8 can move.

My suggestion is to make the 2 starting couples in each world "founders", so the spouse of heir 4 / heir 8 / heir 12 can provide tombstones, of course they will be banned from wish enhancing serum if we classify them as founders.

Collections:

Yes the 16k total value is good.  Just want to warn players beware of skill challenges restrictions:

World 1 -- lets say heir 1 is doing the painting skill challenges, so he contributes 4 paintings for the family collection.
World 2 -- lets say heir 5 is doing the cooking skill challenges, and he has nothing to contribute from the cooking skill, so he wants to contribute paintings.  You need to be careful that heir 5 contributes paintings WITHOUT invalidating heir 1 skill challenges, or else your dynasty will fail.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #269 on: August 28, 2013, 11:29:30 AM »
Here's my list:

Skill-related

alchemy -- elixirs
diving -- shells and undersea creatures
fishing -- fish
gardening -- plants, harvested items (including from omni plant?)
inventing -- widgets, toys, big inventions
logic -- chemistry potions
nectar-making -- nectars
painting -- paintings, sketches
photography -- photos
riding -- trophies
street art -- murals
sculpting -- sculptures
writing -- books

Collectibles

gems
metals
space rocks
beetles
butterflies
fireflies
shells
minor pets?

Other

celebrity gifts?
wedding gifts?
gnomes?