Author Topic: 4x4 Dynasty Workbench  (Read 68604 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: 4x4 Dynasty Workbench
« Reply #165 on: August 14, 2013, 02:59:58 PM »
Based on the Collection Journal stats we have:

Gems
Metals
Rocks
Butterflies
Beetles
Fireflies
Mushrooms
Seashells

plus...Fish and Plants

As I said it will pretty much be like the current collecting challenge. You're seeking a 100% stat for a collection to be complete.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #166 on: August 14, 2013, 03:16:42 PM »
Okie dokie, I'll update what I have tonight before putting it up for approval (I basically just added a second worksheet to what Deklitch already made).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #167 on: August 14, 2013, 05:25:27 PM »
How would one take a picture of unique plants planted (is this what you mean by plants), or in particular space rocks? They pretty much all look the same except for size. And what about leaving them permanently on display? I don't recall any photo requirements in the rules, just a spreadsheet, or did I miss something?

Offline Crazylittleloon

• Occult
  • Ruining your childhood since 1995
« Reply #168 on: August 14, 2013, 05:28:36 PM »
What if you only have three towns? Would you be allowed to return to one of the towns you have already used? I'm interested in attempting this once I'm done with my Immortal Dynasty, but I only have Twinbrook, Riverview, and Sunset Valley, and I don't know if my machine can handle Union Cove.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #169 on: August 14, 2013, 05:30:44 PM »
It was explained earlier that one could play with as few as two towns alternating between them.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #170 on: August 14, 2013, 05:51:39 PM »
How would one take a picture of unique plants planted (is this what you mean by plants), or in particular space rocks? They pretty much all look the same except for size. And what about leaving them permanently on display? I don't recall any photo requirements in the rules, just a spreadsheet, or did I miss something?

Well technically, a spreadsheet isn't required either, it's just to help make things easier for you. At this time, there is no specific photo requirement, but that is something that was being tossed around a couple of pages back.

This is a workbench still, so go ahead and add your suggestions! Metro and the rest of the Challenge team is very good at listening to suggestions (and if they're not accepted, they're equally good at explaining why).

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #171 on: August 14, 2013, 06:12:41 PM »
Just asking it doesn't really affect me as with my 3 EPs, I only have a total of 51 skill challenges including the 3 consignment and 6 collections available to me. That's only 3 to spare so I'll be completing at least 3 collections using only one sim each. That will be quite a challenge considering the time constraints.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Crazylittleloon

• Occult
  • Ruining your childhood since 1995
« Reply #172 on: August 14, 2013, 10:33:16 PM »
It was explained earlier that one could play with as few as two towns alternating between them.

Oh, whoops.

Well, at least now I know I can attempt this!  ;D

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #173 on: August 15, 2013, 01:11:11 AM »
Ok, I am hoping this works as I've never used Google docs before :)

Deklitch's 4x4 Dynasty Spreadsheet - now updated to include permitted collectibles, and what expansion packs are associated with them.

Should be pretty easy, but here's a key to the EP list anyway:
TS3 = The Sims 3 (base game)
WA = World Adventures
ST = Showtime
SN = Supernatural
UL = University Life
IP = Island Paradise

Note: There are two tabs, located at the bottom. Requirements is all of the requirements for adding an heir and/or moving neighborhoods. Collections is the sheet I was working on, and is, well, the collectibles.

Offline maisie

• Occult
« Reply #174 on: August 15, 2013, 05:10:12 AM »
That's what you want to see when you return after some weeks without simming: a new dynasty challenge that sound absolutely awesome!  ;D
I do have some questions:

1. I think I'm allowed to move in and out every sim I would like (except for heirs who have to stay), is that correct?

2. Are we allowed to run around town and extend the life of townies we want to include in our dynasty later by throwing elixirs at them or give them makeovers if we cure them from a forbidden life state before trying for the next heir?

3. I would love to have a cemetary where all dynasty members can be buried and which I can take with me to every new world. That would give me access to the genetics of former generations what I would love. Could that be allowed?

By the way, the new edited spreadsheet really is great. That prevents me from forgetting any requirements without my usual paper chaos.  ;)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #175 on: August 16, 2013, 06:19:27 PM »
That's what you want to see when you return after some weeks without simming: a new dynasty challenge that sound absolutely awesome!  ;D
I do have some questions:

1. I think I'm allowed to move in and out every sim I would like (except for heirs who have to stay), is that correct?

Pretty much.

2. Are we allowed to run around town and extend the life of townies we want to include in our dynasty later by throwing elixirs at them or give them makeovers if we cure them from a forbidden life state before trying for the next heir?

Yeah I think that's fine. The big thing is simply not extending the life of your heirs since they are doing the work/requirements to move.

3. I would love to have a cemetary where all dynasty members can be buried and which I can take with me to every new world. That would give me access to the genetics of former generations what I would love. Could that be allowed?

I like that idea a lot. I'll talk to the team more about that. We still need to nail down what exactly can be taken to the next world.

Speaking of what still needs to be nailed down what am I missing folks? What big issues have I not answered? I'll try and pop in more this weekend and make some more edits to the rule set on Saturday or Sunday. We still have two more weeks before the official kick off so we should be in pretty good shape.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #176 on: August 16, 2013, 09:58:55 PM »
The obsessive-compulsive accountant in me is really looking forward to this!

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #177 on: August 18, 2013, 06:38:54 AM »
I have a few questions/clarifications that I have been thinking about:
  • When moving, can the heir marry his/her spouse and bring along, or should the new spouse come from the new neighborhood?
  • I haven't seen an answer to this previously asked question, but can collectibles come from transmutation or conversion? That would make metals and gems much easier. They would be impossible without these and not traveling. Then again, I've never tried dumpster diving.
  • Relic collections show up in a different tab, but are still fairly difficult to obtain, expecially compared to mushrooms. Could one town do a relic collection of some kind? It could be limited to all of the tomb relics from a single adventure world.
  • I want to add my $.02 for keeping the tombstones to bring along to keep the family tree alive.
  • Do travel opportunities count for black ops? Maybe one or two each heir? Four each town would be in line with the theme.
  • Will there be any restrictions on aging up heirs or non-heirs?

Edited to add the last question

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #178 on: August 20, 2013, 05:44:50 AM »
Hey lvrugger. I will ponder your questions. Rica has not been around much and I would like her input as well before editing the rule set.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #179 on: August 21, 2013, 02:35:13 PM »
I have another question about collectibles. With plants I'm assuming that means collecting the seeds or harvesting wild plants, not buying produce from the store and planting.
Since eggs, cheese, burgers, and steaks are only purchasable and Omni seeds are only obtained through an opportunity, does that mean one goes ahead and buys them, or are they subtracted from the list?