Author Topic: 4x4 Dynasty Workbench  (Read 68605 times)

Offline Vesper

• Occult
Re: 4x4 Dynasty Workbench
« Reply #105 on: August 07, 2013, 07:54:50 AM »
I'm a bit concerned about collections; I've never managed to complete one though often I've been one object away. So what if the required butterfly or whatever just never turns up? Do complete collections require every different type or just a large number (like completing  the skill challenges for all fish and recipes is actually not all of them just lots)? If it requires completeness could it be like the recent photo tournament challenge where there are a few (perhaps four) wild-cards to use to complete a collection if it can't be done?

Also what constitutes contributing to family goals? For example could a non-heir take up Martial Arts to break lots of space rocks and the heir pick up the resulting gems?

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #106 on: August 07, 2013, 10:06:57 AM »
• Townie option: Choose a existing townie household so long as the Townies you designate as your founders do not already have any bloodline children and meet the above life states requirement.

Does this mean that they don't have any children at all or does it mean that they don't have any children with the other person that you choose as your founder?

** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #107 on: August 07, 2013, 10:13:13 AM »
I'm pretty sure it's the same as the Decadynasty in that neither of them can have any children at all. It seems like the most simple solution, anyways.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #108 on: August 07, 2013, 11:24:26 AM »
Also, do transfiguration via display case and a witch's conversion ritual have the same meaning for the purpose of this Dynasty?

Offline Noelle_Carter

• Nooboo
« Reply #109 on: August 07, 2013, 01:04:22 PM »
Requirements for Moving to the Next World:
Before the 4th heir is allowed to move to the next world the household (only founders and heirs can contribute to family goals) must complete 4 requirements: ...
4). Attain 4 Large Tombstones.

The only way I'd budge is to include the spouse of the founding generation of each town.. so Gen 4 spouse.. that's it.  We'll see what Rachel and Metro think.

But Rica if the 4th heir is suppose to have 4 large tombstones Before they move, and the tombstones are suppose to come from the heirs (or the founders as Metro said they can contribute to family goals) there is no need to allow the spouses.  So at least for the 4th heir you will have to use a non-heir founder tombstone. Then when 4th moves 8th can use 4,5,6,7 then move, 12th uses 8,9,10,11 and moves and 16th uses 12,13,14,15 Done. Its really only the 4th heir that needs the non-heir tombstone.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #110 on: August 07, 2013, 01:55:53 PM »
I guess my concern is that I sometimes have elders who just won't die (dying at 155, 138, etc.) on a 90 day time scale. I guess I'll be eating a lot of apples to get those male heirs who are fertile into elderhood.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #111 on: August 07, 2013, 01:57:48 PM »
But, KRae, this is being played on a medium lifespan, not a normal. If you have elders who are living to 138/155/etc, when the medium lifespan is 52 days, something is very wrong.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #112 on: August 07, 2013, 02:21:37 PM »
No, I'm saying that was on a 90 day scale, but proportionately an elder who lives until his children are elders is a problem no matter the lifespan.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #113 on: August 07, 2013, 09:55:49 PM »
This also depends on when you finish the requirements.  If you can't get all of your requirements done early you may not have a choice but that's all strategy in my mind.  Just like with Immortal Dynasties.  It's a strategy to choose to have children so early that you could mess up and have to wait long lengths to bring in the next gen.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #114 on: August 08, 2013, 08:28:22 AM »
I'm wondering -- if only the founders (I'm assuming both original sims count as founders) and heirs can contribute to the requirements, does that mean that subsequent spouses won't be able to make money or work, since their income would contribute to the buying of properties?

Also, if you're playing on Isla Paradiso, will your family be responsible for owning all the hidden islands or just the ones they discover?
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #115 on: August 08, 2013, 11:11:26 AM »
This challenge sounds great, I might give it a try, even though  I'm not so good at dynasties it sure is fun!

What I can't get over is that it would be the last challenge with Sims 3? Did I get that right? I was so looking forward to next year, starting fresh with all of the challenges, from the beginning of the year. I guess I just "run into" this forum too late!  :'(
ˇPura vida!

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #116 on: August 08, 2013, 11:15:27 AM »
It would be the last Dynasty challenge for Sims 3. Sims 4 is slated for release next year, and so the Dynasty challenges would make a return for that.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #117 on: August 08, 2013, 11:16:42 AM »
This challenge sounds great, I might give it a try, even though  I'm not so good at dynasties it sure is fun!

What I can't get over is that it would be the last challenge with Sims 3? Did I get that right? I was so looking forward to next year, starting fresh with all of the challenges, from the beginning of the year. I guess I just "run into" this forum too late!  :'(

Well, I am thinking this will be the last year of the Tournament and Dynasties for Sims 3. Maybe the team could put together a partial year in 2014, but Sims 4 is coming next year so our focus will be on preparing for those challenges as well as writing many articles.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #118 on: August 08, 2013, 12:52:58 PM »
How  unique do the unique collections have to be?  For example, if plants and fish were used as collections in two towns, would the families in the other two towns be banned from fishing and gardening?  Similarly, the butterfly and beetle collecting challenges help each other.  Could someone have both challenges complete but only leave one type of insect as the collection?

What about the metals that can't be obtained other than with the display table?  I think I've seen dogs find them but that wouldn't count for this challenge.  Will Transfiguration be allowed or will they be excluded from the 'complete' set?

Do you have to accept all of the buildings/properties that the game adds to a new town - and if adding extra properties, do you have to add the same ones to every town?  I quite like the idea of everywhere having its own character: e.g. Appaloosa Plains has the horsey stuff; Starlight Shores has the Showtime venues.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #119 on: August 08, 2013, 03:19:36 PM »
The edit Town rules are most likely going to be the exact same as they are for the other dynasties.  I don't want to complicate matters by having too many variations if that makes sense.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

anything