Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2977512 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1305 on: November 13, 2010, 02:36:32 PM »
Do all of the Immortals apart from No7 have to have a spouse that lives in the household or can the (say father) not live with the family?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1306 on: November 13, 2010, 02:51:02 PM »
Do all of the Immortals apart from No7 have to have a spouse that lives in the household or can the (say father) not live with the family?

Pam's comment above is pretty clear. The only thing I'll add to it is that you obviously only need to be concerned about spouses living in the house while they're alive. That may seem painfully obvious, but I don't want players to feel they have to remarry and put another spouse back in the house as soon as a spouse dies.

-----

EDIT: The 7th generation's spouse CAN'T live in the house.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1307 on: November 13, 2010, 03:49:38 PM »
It has to happen in this order:

1.  Get married.
2.  Move into the Dynasty house.
3.  Spouse dies with no interference.
4.  Widow may remarry or not, however the player wishes.

No exception or variance from these steps is allowed.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1308 on: November 13, 2010, 06:01:44 PM »
It has to happen in this order:

1.  Get married.
2.  Move into the Dynasty house.
3.  Spouse dies with no interference.
4.  Widow may remarry or not, however the player wishes.

No exception or variance from these steps is allowed.

Pam the rule actually states:
All offspring must result from natural pregnancies of Sims living in the Dynasty house.
Your first 6 immortals can be male or female and their spouses must live in the Dynasty house until their death

I might be missing something but It does not state any where in the rules on the first page that people have to get married first before they reproduce. Also it doesn't say that they have to get married at all it just says that spouses must live in the dynasty house till they die. Technically there is no rule that says immortals have to get married at all.

The reason I am querying this, is that I have an idea for a shotgun wedding in my dynasty. The immortal in question gets pregnant after a nectar induced one night stand then has to get married. I am guessing by the rules you posted about getting married first that would not be possible to do.

Sorry if I read it wrong.

Rachel

Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1309 on: November 13, 2010, 06:07:32 PM »
I had always moved my sims in first too, before getting married and I read somewhere about getting married first, so I thought, shoot, I must have missed that.  I too read the rules from top to bottom and did not see that they had to get married first.  If that is the case, it is not a big deal.  At this moment I am not really doing a story.  I am like ratchie, maybe I am missing it, but I have read and reread it and cannot seem to locate where it states that.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1310 on: November 13, 2010, 06:50:04 PM »
Does the spouse have to be the father of the child. There are a lot of step families out there with men and women raising children that are not biologically theirs and doing a brilliant job of it.

Rachel

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1311 on: November 13, 2010, 07:22:00 PM »
Does the spouse have to be the father of the child. There are a lot of step families out there with men and women raising children that are not biologically theirs and doing a brilliant job of it.

Rachel

I do not doubt that, but we're trying to promote bloodline here. It just fits in with the whole theme of the Dynasty—cohesiveness, balance. If Joe Blow gets your Founder pregnant, but then Joe's brother is actually who ends up marrying your Founder and moving into the Dynasty house, it just doesn't jive with me. Where's the bloodline? Now you've only got half the bloodline in the house. Yeah, it happens all the time in real life, but this isn't real life.

------

EDIT: I decided to delete my previous post because it kind of contradicted what I'm saying in this post. Bottom line is I really do support Pam's outlined 4 steps on the previous page and that's simply what players need to adhere to. It's about bloodline. You need that common bloodline in the house, as spouses.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Chsharpe

« Reply #1312 on: November 13, 2010, 09:59:54 PM »
Now with all the talk of spouses I wanted to ask, if my second generation immortal has a brother, is he allowed to get married and have the spouse move in with them? I know it would make things harder, but I want to do it if I can. It's not in the rules, so I expect it's not against the rules, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1313 on: November 13, 2010, 10:05:21 PM »
...if my second generation immortal has a brother is he allowed to get married and have the spouse move in with them? I no it would make things harder but I want to do it if I can it's not in the rules so I expect it's not against the rules but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Yes, you could have a spare child get married and have the spouse move in.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #1314 on: November 14, 2010, 03:52:34 AM »
I honestly don't understand all the confusion about spouses and marring into dynasty family. It seems clear to me that only Sims entering household can be done through marriage with immortal or immortal to be, and that heirs can be conceived only with spouse living in dynasty home.
Anyway, I'm dealing with not so big bug, but it is annoying and even if not gamebreaker, it makes things harder. I post a question in technical help hoping for some advices, and here too for some direction. No tags in map view, which is almost OK for everything but for adventures, since I spent 2 Sim days tracking down a Sim whom I was suppose to report in for adventure. I would hate to go back in previous save, but would hate more to continue struggling with this. So if someone had any idea please write so on technical tread :)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1315 on: November 14, 2010, 04:41:50 AM »
I do not doubt that, but we're trying to promote bloodline here. It just fits in with the whole theme of the Dynasty—cohesiveness, balance. If Joe Blow gets your Founder pregnant, but then Joe's brother is actually who ends up marrying your Founder and moving into the Dynasty house, it just doesn't jive with me. Where's the bloodline? Now you've only got half the bloodline in the house. Yeah, it happens all the time in real life, but this isn't real life.

------

EDIT: I decided to delete my previous post because it kind of contradicted what I'm saying in this post. Bottom line is I really do support Pam's outlined 4 steps on the previous page and that's simply what players need to adhere to. It's about bloodline. You need that common bloodline in the house, as spouses.

Yes but back to my point about Pam's rule about getting married first it is not actually an official rule if someone chose not to have their immortal get married it would not break any rules. I am a hundred percent behind the traditional values that you are promoting I am just saying that someone could read the rules on page one and infer from them that marriage is not necessarily a given.

Rachel

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1316 on: November 14, 2010, 05:13:58 AM »
Metro talked about it last night and he will address this issue when he comes online later today.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1317 on: November 14, 2010, 05:51:00 AM »

Just another quick question about the bloodline thing. Sorry I know I am being annoying. You say that you don't like the idea of only half the bloodline being in the house yet generation 7 is allowed to be a single mum. Wouldn't it make more sense for generation six to have twins that way both parents are in the house in order to raise the children.
Also your example of Joe gets your founder pregnant but his brother marries your founder meaning you only have half the bloodline in the house is not the best example of your point. Joe and his brother are brothers and share the same blood. It would be a different story if it was Joe's best friend who marries the founder.

Again I am sorry for being such a pain.

Rachel

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1318 on: November 14, 2010, 07:33:27 AM »
The limit for the household is 8 Sims, there would not be room in the household for a baby if Generation 7 married a male spouse in. So that would be the only exception I assume.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1319 on: November 14, 2010, 07:55:54 AM »
The limit for the household is 8 Sims, there would not be room in the household for a baby if Generation 7 married a male spouse in. So that would be the only exception I assume.

Yes I understand that but Metro stated that Sims have to get married in order to have both halves of the bloodline in the house but apparently it is alright to only have half the bloodline when it comes to generation eight.
All I am saying is that somethings are contradictary. If someone was to only read the rules on page one and not read any of the other replies in this thread they would assume that your Sims do not have to get married.
Again I totally agree with the promoting family values and traditions whereby two Sims meet get married and have a baby. I was just trying to point out how it reads when you look at the rules.
At this point though I don't know that I am even making sense to myself any more let alone to the rest of you.

Rachel