Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2941709 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1035 on: October 05, 2010, 11:28:55 AM »
You could say the same thing about the Swimming in Cash LTW — give that to an immortal to be, and Bam...most of them would achieve it that instant because family funds would be over 50k anyway.

A minor point, if you give them the Swimming in Cash LTW, the game automatically adjusts the required funds to be 50,000 more than whatever it is at the time your sim chooses that LTW.  My sculptor had that LTW and family funds were over 50,000 at that point, but she didn't finish her LTW until the funds increased by 50,000 more.  It's still a very easy LTW to achieve if you have money trees and rents to collect.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1036 on: October 05, 2010, 11:34:30 AM »
A minor point, if you give them the Swimming in Cash LTW, the game automatically adjusts the required funds to be 50,000 more than whatever it is at the time your sim chooses that LTW.  My sculptor had that LTW and family funds were over 50,000 at that point, but she didn't finish her LTW until the funds increased by 50,000 more.  It's still a very easy LTW to achieve if you have money trees and rents to collect.

Interesting. I did not know that. Certainly makes sense.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1037 on: October 05, 2010, 03:17:55 PM »
I apologize for posting a picture in this thread, but I need to know if I can use this as my teen picture of Mojo.  As you see, both twins are in this picture, but with Panorama it's pretty hard to avoid having other people and stuff in the shot.  The picture was taken by the twins' grandmother and it did register as "my grandchild".  And I really like it.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

muddawg

« Reply #1038 on: October 05, 2010, 03:30:09 PM »
Quickie question for Metro: 

I didn't see it strictly forbidden but I was wondering if it was legal to feed non-immortal sims nectar made with life fruit?  As far as I know it doesn't have the same life extending properties (though I could be wrong about that.)

It's not going to be an issue for awhile as I'm planning on nectar making for sixth generation and I'm working on generation two at the present, but it would be good to know.

Thanks! And I apologize in advance if this question was asked and answered in pages 60-90 of this thread, I ran out of steam reading about there.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1039 on: October 05, 2010, 03:43:30 PM »
I apologize for posting a picture in this thread, but I need to know if I can use this as my teen picture of Mojo.  As you see, both twins are in this picture, but with Panorama it's pretty hard to avoid having other people and stuff in the shot.  The picture was taken by the twins' grandmother and it did register as "my grandchild".  And I really like it.

Yep, that's fine.

Quickie question for Metro: 

I didn't see it strictly forbidden but I was wondering if it was legal to feed non-immortal sims nectar made with life fruit?  As far as I know it doesn't have the same life extending properties (though I could be wrong about that.)

You need to find out for sure. I don't know either. So, test it in another game. If there's no life extending bonus given, then you definitely can have any household member drink life fruit nectar.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1040 on: October 05, 2010, 06:13:03 PM »
I believe the only way Life Fruit extends life is when it's eaten fresh.  I've never had a Sim gain an extra day from eating it in recipes.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #1041 on: October 05, 2010, 06:22:38 PM »
D'oh! I've been hiding Life Fruit from my cook, and just threw out a batch of Life Fruit pancakes my gardener unexpectedly cooked up.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

muddawg

« Reply #1042 on: October 05, 2010, 09:48:20 PM »
Well, I went and tested it on another game with a gardener who was near to getting life fruit, and finally got enough to put together my favorite bottle, nine life fruit and a pomegranate , and had the nectar maker drink a glass and it was good for an extra day of life, so, it's a vintage only for immortals.

Then I went and tested one life fruit in with 9 flame fruit and found that there was no life extension, just the mood boost.  So, I guess the answer is to not use Life fruit in Nectar unless it goes into an "Immortals Only" room.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1043 on: October 05, 2010, 09:58:04 PM »
Well, I went and tested it on another game with a gardener who was near to getting life fruit, and finally got enough to put together my favorite bottle, nine life fruit and a pomegranate , and had the nectar maker drink a glass and it was good for an extra day of life, so, it's a vintage only for immortals.

Then I went and tested one life fruit in with 9 flame fruit and found that there was no life extension, just the mood boost.  So, I guess the answer is to not use Life fruit in Nectar unless it goes into an "Immortals Only" room.

Thanks for doing that testing. So, that's a heads up, everyone — only immortals (after achieving immortality and eating Ambrosia) can belly up to Life Fruit nectar:D

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1044 on: October 06, 2010, 08:54:14 PM »
Ok, you're saying that the cloud over the water disappeared after only an hour?  And during that hour, you caught six Deathfish?  If that's the case, I think what happened is that you caught all the Deathfish that were available.  If it lets you fish for four hours, you'd catch 24 Deathfish during that time, which the game won't let you do.  So, I guess it's either you catch the max number of Deathfish (six) or the timer runs out at 4:00 a.m. or 5:00 a.m.  I don't remember exactly what time, but it will go away before dawn even if you haven't caught all the Deathfish.

Yep, and one was a Perfect.  I think you're right though.  I think the limit is on how many during any time between 12 and 4.  I showed up late another night and still was able to catch 4 more deathfish before the time expired a bit after 4.

So, with stocking them in a pond?  I noticed they didn't even show up till you heard the ghost theme so I'm wondering if you put them in a private pond if you'd have to have a resident ghost?

Oh, and my founder married Jon Lessen.  When he was around you would hear the ghost music every night as long as he was somewhere on the lot.  (There is a ghost in his  "guest" house).  When he died, no more ghost music at night.  So I'm wondering if HE was haunted rather than the house being haunted.  Just a hopefully interesting thing to check out.

As for the fridge thing,  wall the sucker up and make your Sims revert to eating fresh fruit and veggies or picnic baskets or food from the firestation.  Not an elegant solution but it will keep your life fruit from becoming pancakes and your ambrosia from getting eaten.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1045 on: October 06, 2010, 10:28:12 PM »
If you stock a pond with Deathfish, you can fish from it any time.  You don't need a ghost or music.  I've never heard music associated with Deathfish anyway.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #1046 on: October 07, 2010, 08:42:36 AM »
I have a sort of haunted house situation in dynasty. Since founders wife died and went up from her grave as a ghost she never left. It's been now more than a week (her daughter get married, gave birth to a twins who just had a birthday and are toddlers). When I choose the little one to blow the candles, she (ghost) brought him to the cake :o not to mention eating, bathing, napping and jumping into furniture all days long.
I'm considering to have that spare twin into ghost hunter carrier and maybe persuade her to go peacefully. She even mourned herself on her grave ???
I can't move her grave while she is out. Any ideas please? It gives me uncontrollable aspect of the game, and I really like having everything under control. Any suggestions?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1047 on: October 07, 2010, 08:52:27 AM »
@Anushka, doesn't the ghost return to the grave at dawn? At that point you can't move the grave to inventory or just move it to the public cemetery?

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #1048 on: October 07, 2010, 08:59:49 AM »
They should but this one didn't. I have ton's of snapshots from wedding, everyday situation to birthdays. But this one is really ::)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1049 on: October 07, 2010, 09:18:55 AM »
Just use the "resetsim" cheat.  Mine did that too, never left.  I used the cheat, and she went away and then I got rid of her gravestone.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?