Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2942347 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1620 on: December 22, 2010, 11:58:10 PM »
I didn't know it was possible to sculpt a stone sim sculpture.  Does that get unlocked from an opportunity? 

No, I didn't say a stone Sim sculpture.  I said a stone statue.  My point being that an ice sculpture of a Sim is not the same thing as a stone statue.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #1621 on: December 23, 2010, 12:14:54 AM »
No, I didn't say a stone Sim sculpture.  I said a stone statue.  My point being that an ice sculpture of a Sim is not the same thing as a stone statue.
ok I see what you are saying.  I wouldn't have thought they were the same.  Around here painting and portrait are used interchangeably so in my little mind they are the same thing and I have never made a distinction in the method of painting a portrait, in that all methods are valid if they result in a picture of the sim.  Which is why the statue comment confused me - ice statues are the only way to get a depiction of the sim in statue form so the other materials were never a consideration. 

However, I was just making a general comment earlier, that I am sad I won't get any points for my dynasty, especially since generation 6 is about to be born, which is why I won't be starting over.  I never asked anyone to change the rules or make an exception for me and I am sorry it was taken that way. 
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1622 on: December 23, 2010, 02:41:39 AM »
Don't you need WA to get the cameras? I didn't bother with sculptures or photographs just portraits. The guy my gal married had no painting skill, but he got to level 7 quick enough.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Frey

« Reply #1623 on: December 24, 2010, 03:45:41 PM »
I'll start right now! We'll see if I have the patience to deal with 8 sims at the same time lol. Never done that... I usually can't bear more than 4 sims in the same house.

Sounds like fun!

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1624 on: December 24, 2010, 07:38:02 PM »
Ah, good question. I do not know for sure.

Just loading the game from the Main Menu and saving at the end takes close to 5 minutes. Ridiculous.

Five minutes?  Just wait.  The Clan Douglas Dynasty game was taking around half an hour to load and save at the end.  And I have a good computer, that normally loads very quickly.  I think it was just the sheer size of the file.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #1625 on: December 24, 2010, 09:28:14 PM »
Five minutes?  Just wait.  The Clan Douglas Dynasty game was taking around half an hour to load and save at the end.  And I have a good computer, that normally loads very quickly.  I think it was just the sheer size of the file.

I am up to about 10 minutes per save and load.  And the longer I play the more often it crashes for no reason so I save every morning right before they head off to work and school and after every birthday/change appearance/buy or build mode.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Frey

« Reply #1626 on: December 27, 2010, 10:15:26 AM »
ARRRRGHH darn portraits, just made me have to start round 3.  And the founder already had 6 best friends, 6 oportunities and the building required!

*about to kill myself*

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RJ

• Townie
« Reply #1627 on: December 27, 2010, 11:41:16 AM »
5. Purchase 3 Lifetime Rewards not purchased by other immortals

Just to clarify, this means that my founder can purchase more than 3 LTRs, just that his decadents cannot purchase the same ones that he did right? (since there are more than enough LTRs to go around everyone)

Thanks. :)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1628 on: December 27, 2010, 11:50:58 AM »
Just to clarify, this means that my founder can purchase more than 3 LTRs, just that his decadents cannot purchase the same ones that he did right? (since there are more than enough LTRs to go around everyone)

Thanks. :)

More than one immortal can have the same LTR. But, every immortal needs to have 3 unique ones that no other immortal has. Those are the qualifying ones to eat Ambrosia.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1629 on: December 27, 2010, 05:20:40 PM »
I seem to think I have asked this before but over christmas fogotten: Does the Simbot in the LTHR come as a Best Friend? Or just a friend? I was thinking as a lifeline if one of my Immortals needs it.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1630 on: December 27, 2010, 05:28:40 PM »
I seem to think I have asked this before but over christmas fogotten: Does the Simbot in the LTHR come as a Best Friend? Or just a friend? I was thinking as a lifeline if one of my Immortals needs it.

Yeah, the Simbot comes as a Best Friend.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1631 on: December 27, 2010, 06:13:35 PM »
Just remember to use that particular LTR when you have at least one empty slot in your house. If you have a full house the game won't let you have the reward.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1632 on: December 28, 2010, 01:20:30 PM »
I just need to confirm something on page 146 of this thread.  Samoht asked if it was ok to move in another sim, a rich friend of the family, as long as that sim lived out their natural lifespan and didn't subsequently move out.  You said yes.  So, we can move in anybody we want as long as those conditions are met?  The household doesn't have to be limited to immortals and their spouses?

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1633 on: December 28, 2010, 02:59:53 PM »
I just need to confirm something on page 146 of this thread.  Samoht asked if it was ok to move in another sim, a rich friend of the family, as long as that sim lived out their natural lifespan and didn't subsequently move out.  You said yes.  So, we can move in anybody we want as long as those conditions are met?  The household doesn't have to be limited to immortals and their spouses?

That's correct. That was not my intention to be honest when I wrote the rule set, but it doesn't matter to me one way or the other. As long as you abide by the rule of not moving anyone out and every household member living a full life, then you can move in non-spouses.

Offline revolution724

• Townie
« Reply #1634 on: December 28, 2010, 05:09:41 PM »
I'm sorry if I missed this, but if one of our Sims loses a trait, may we use the code to re-add it?