Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2975675 times)

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1350 on: November 15, 2010, 10:37:12 PM »
Man I leave you guys alone for two or three days look what happens.  :D

I'm glad that whole marriage thing got hashed out. I was told it was in the rules but I wasn't seeing so I thought I was reading the wrong thing. I'm glad I wasn't the only one. But at least it has been so beaten to death that there is no way to be confused... Unless you don't want to sift through 135 pages of thread of course. ha ha.

Well I was going to jump right into Dynasty take #2 but I decided to do it later after I get through some of the features of LN. My partner Sim player is itching to try out being a vampire. And now that the guide was update by Samoht I am too. Still haven't decided though if I'm going to post my first attempt on a story thread. I have to go through the pictures and be creative. Not one of my many talents.  ;D

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1351 on: November 16, 2010, 02:19:51 AM »
Vampires have been banned in the Dynasty Challenge because of the Life Extension, but I wonder if Metro and Pam can think about Vampires after an Immortal has eaten Ambrosia since Lifefruit and Makeovers etc. have been lifted after ambrosia has been swallowed.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1352 on: November 16, 2010, 02:35:24 AM »
I'd rather not allow vampires even after eating Ambrosia.  It would be too much of a change for the bloodline as a whole.  This probably isn't the only Dynasty Challenge that Metro will write, so let's leave vampires for another time.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1353 on: November 16, 2010, 08:28:38 AM »
This probably isn't the only Dynasty Challenge that Metro will write, so let's leave vampires for another time.

What a tantalizing statement!  Would you care to elaborate?  Now that Clan Douglas is on the home stretch (almost), I'd love to think there's a new challenge coming up.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1354 on: November 16, 2010, 08:42:37 AM »
What a tantalizing statement!  Would you care to elaborate?  Now that Clan Douglas is on the home stretch (almost), I'd love to think there's a new challenge coming up.

There will be. 13 of them in the form of the 2011 Sims 3 Tournament. That's my only focus at this point, but Pam's right — count on another Dynasty Challenge next year.

SimmerAtHeart96

« Reply #1355 on: November 16, 2010, 06:49:20 PM »
Wow, how this thread has blown! 135 pages and still counting!  :D
I thought I'd just post up an update. I had to start again, for take #3 due to some forgetfulness on my part, but I'm sure this time things will work out.
I've learnt my lessons and planned how I'll go about things, so here's hoping I get passed Gen. 2!

I've been keeping tabs on the thread, and I'm glad I have since there's been some rule-tweaking. I also just read Metro's last post.
I didn't do many of the challenges this year, but I can guarantee that I'll be doing my best for every single one in 2011. New year, new resolution: win at least one! I hope to, anyway. And I also hope to have finished my first Dynasty before Metro's 2nd (oooh, can't wait ;D!) comes out.

That's all for now. ;)

Elice

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1356 on: November 16, 2010, 07:18:43 PM »
And I also hope to have finished my first Dynasty before Metro's 2nd...

Me too!  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1357 on: November 17, 2010, 01:00:46 AM »
So there will be a second type of dynasty next year??
I think Metro is ultracreative so if there's being something next year it's something new and something no one ever has seen before, just like he did with the dynasty.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1358 on: November 17, 2010, 02:19:55 AM »
I hope this is okay but I had to manually close sims 3 without saving due to the display going and the camera freezing, if anything I lost all good stuff.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1359 on: November 17, 2010, 02:59:28 AM »
That's ok, Thomas.  Technical difficulties are out of your control and it's ok to do what you need to do in order to get the game back.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1360 on: November 17, 2010, 04:08:11 AM »
I didn't loose much apart from the toddler skills and a remodel of the house. Oh and I must show you what Chris painted! Considering they are the Jade Dynasty I wonder what this is?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1361 on: November 17, 2010, 06:47:50 AM »
Bronte in my dynasty painted something similar.

I have not got a clue what it is either.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #1362 on: November 17, 2010, 06:55:48 AM »
Huh. I think it looks like a plumbob, folded into a box shape. Ratchie's would be the "artistically blurred" version. Abstract cubist art?

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1363 on: November 17, 2010, 12:09:04 PM »
In my opinion it looks like a block of Jade!  ;D So this painting will never be sold and it will be kept in the Formal reception room (When the house is done).

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #1364 on: November 17, 2010, 04:27:07 PM »
I have to let it go somewhere and I think this is the right place for it.
I'm very close to gave up on dynasty. Strategy is fine, no problems there, but it seems that that missing tag in map view bug is not related to travel. I had to replay the same Sim week 4 times now, and beside getting error 12 even if using "save as" every 30 minutes, all my saved files except for China one are with blank picture in main menu. Way before travelling. It seems as vampire gnome trigger it, but I doubt it. Anyway, I'll have to cool off the dynasty for at least few days. Probably will go as far as possible but really don't understand all the bugs happening in game. I was ready to continue without marks, but I can't build on properties without them >:(
I got so attached to that family and don't want to abandon them, but can't play them like this. Maybe another uninstall/install round will help.

anything