Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2971766 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1080 on: October 14, 2010, 10:37:48 PM »
I was thinking of participating this, but wanted to ask a couple of questions.  Firstly, can paintings/sculptures of the founder be put in the museum if they're done by a spouse (I know it's not a requirement)?  Then... I'm guessing that "natural conception of immortals" means you can't use fertility treatment and/or watermelons and apples?  Would it also disallow a same-sex pregnancy mod?  [I figure all kinds of mods are usually disqualified for these kinds of things, but I don't know how this one in particular would impede challenge functioning].  Is adoption allowed for second children, who won't be immortal?

1. Yes, any painting or sculpture of an Immortal can be put into the museum.  It doesn't matter who the artist/sculptor is.

2.  Natural conception means it must be done by Try for Baby.  No adoptions, no time machine, and definitely no mods for same sex pregnancy.  Fertility treatment and apples/watermelon are fine.

3. No adoption is allowed at all.  Second children need to follow the same rules as the Immortal heirs.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1081 on: October 15, 2010, 12:06:32 PM »
Just a heads up to anyone playing the dynasty in Riverview. Sherman Bagley came with the really expensive car worth 94 000 simolians. Plus about 3500 in cash. So he is a pretty good prospect for any dynasty founders

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Aadio

« Reply #1082 on: October 16, 2010, 04:44:09 PM »
Do self-employed careers count toward the requirement?

Offline TommyT

• Occult
« Reply #1083 on: October 16, 2010, 05:02:01 PM »
Do self-employed careers count toward the requirement?

As long as they are trackable in the career tab and can reach level 10.  So things like registering as a self-employed painter at city hall is fine, and you must reach level 10 in that career to meet the requirement for ambrosia.

Aadio

« Reply #1084 on: October 16, 2010, 05:07:14 PM »
As long as they are trackable in the career tab and can reach level 10.  So things like registering as a self-employed painter at city hall is fine, and you must reach level 10 in that career to meet the career for ambrosia.

Alright. Thats all I wanted to know. Thanks :)

SimmerAtHeart96

« Reply #1085 on: October 17, 2010, 12:09:28 AM »
I'm wondering, with the '6 Opportunities' requirement, what if my Immortal-to-be fails an Opportunity? Can it still be counted?
I'm not sure if this has already been answered, it just happened in my Dynasty game.
Thanks!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #1086 on: October 17, 2010, 01:01:29 AM »
I'm wondering, with the '6 Opportunities' requirement, what if my Immortal-to-be fails an Opportunity? Can it still be counted?
I'm not sure if this has already been answered, it just happened in my Dynasty game.
Thanks!

How exactly did your Sim fail the opportunity?

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Choccolatee

« Reply #1087 on: October 17, 2010, 01:27:46 AM »
Hi, I just wanted to ask a question, but I'm not sure if it's already been answered in the 100 or so pages. If, for example, Gen 4 joins the Military career, gets to the top, has a child, and everything. Gen 4's SuperMax skill is Handiness. Then, Gen 5 grows up, and decides to SuperMax the Athletic Skill, and join Athletic career. Since Gen 4 maxed Athletic but not Supermaxed it, can Gen 5 go ahead and SuperMax Athletic?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #1088 on: October 17, 2010, 02:28:58 AM »
Hi, I just wanted to ask a question, but I'm not sure if it's already been answered in the 100 or so pages. If, for example, Gen 4 joins the Military career, gets to the top, has a child, and everything. Gen 4's SuperMax skill is Handiness. Then, Gen 5 grows up, and decides to SuperMax the Athletic Skill, and join Athletic career. Since Gen 4 maxed Athletic but not Supermaxed it, can Gen 5 go ahead and SuperMax Athletic?

If Generation 4 maxed Athletic, no Immortal may use it for a SuperMax.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Choccolatee

« Reply #1089 on: October 17, 2010, 02:44:39 AM »
Oh okay. That means I have to change a LOT of things around now.  :(

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1090 on: October 17, 2010, 04:19:06 AM »
I may have a solution, Gen 5 can still go on the Athletic Career but have Martial Arts as the Supermax, you cna then have the choice of two lifetime wants, 'Physical Perfection' or 'Superstar Athlete' since Martial Arts also builds Athletic slowly in the background.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Choccolatee

« Reply #1091 on: October 17, 2010, 04:48:30 AM »
Yes, but unfortunately, I only have the base game, which gives me only 10 skills to manage.  :(

SimmerAtHeart96

« Reply #1092 on: October 17, 2010, 05:28:30 AM »
How exactly did your Sim fail the opportunity?
Well, my Founder had the The Best Evaporating Dish Is A Clean One opportunity from work (she's in the Science career).
I'm not quite sure how I failed, the dishes were in her inventory and she cleaned them in the kitchen sink and then went to work. And the game said she'd failed the opportunity. :-\
The dishes weren't in her inventory after she cleaned them, they just 'disappeared', maybe that was the problem. I'm not sure, never done this opportunity before! Would it count? ???

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1093 on: October 17, 2010, 06:37:58 AM »
Yes, but unfortunately, I only have the base game, which gives me only 10 skills to manage.  :(

Oh, then yes you would have to rethink your plan.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #1094 on: October 17, 2010, 06:53:07 AM »
Well, my Founder had the The Best Evaporating Dish Is A Clean One opportunity from work (she's in the Science career).
I'm not quite sure how I failed, the dishes were in her inventory and she cleaned them in the kitchen sink and then went to work. And the game said she'd failed the opportunity. :-\
The dishes weren't in her inventory after she cleaned them, they just 'disappeared', maybe that was the problem. I'm not sure, never done this opportunity before! Would it count? ???

It sounds like you did something wrong with the opportunity.  I don't recall that specific opportunity, so I can't say exactly what it requires you to do.  But if the game told you something like, "You didn't clean the dish" then I'd have to say that cannot count toward your 6 opportunities for this challenge.  The rules state that you have to complete the opportunities, and for some reason, you didn't satisfactorily complete this one for the game.  Sorry.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

anything