Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2972438 times)

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1050 on: October 07, 2010, 09:28:36 AM »
Salty, you mean to reset her even if she is not controlable ghost?
I need Metros confirmation for that. I'm not shore can I call this gamebreaker, I can't store ambrosia anywhere cause she is eating leftovers and go through walls, she use bed so I must have some extra sleeping places for other Sims. She use bathtub so I had to by more of them while sculptors were sculpting metal sculptures, etc. Also, living Sims often stop their action for her freaking them out, and top was when she helped her grandson to blow candles on birthday cake.
Waiting for your decision Metro.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #1051 on: October 07, 2010, 09:59:49 AM »
OK Metro, I would appreciate your answer, I'm in a built mode, cleaning the lot to built a new home. Ghost is resting on a bed, and with moveobjects I'm able to delete bed with ghost on it.
Can I do that please? I play in window mode so I'll keep an eye for your answer and won't do it if you disagree, but this might be nice way to solve this problem, so please?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1052 on: October 07, 2010, 10:03:59 AM »
OK Metro, I would appreciate your answer, I'm in a built mode, cleaning the lot to built a new home. Ghost is resting on a bed, and with moveobjects I'm able to delete bed with ghost on it.
Can I do that please?

Yep. That's fine.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #1053 on: October 07, 2010, 10:22:58 AM »
Thank you very much, you are a kind man.

And to avoid posting just a thank note, is that other building cheat allowed, I know you were asked about it, but didn't catch the decision, constrainFloorElevation cheat? (to build that sushi bar for a dynasty)
thank you again for quick response

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1054 on: October 07, 2010, 10:25:45 AM »
As long as they do not affect game play, and I'm quite certain that none do — any building cheat is fine to use.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1055 on: October 07, 2010, 05:35:18 PM »
As long as they do not affect game play, and I'm quite certain that none do — any building cheat is fine to use.

Except buydebug, right?  Want to try an aquarium on my lot but I'd have to use buydebug to get the fogger.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1056 on: October 07, 2010, 05:55:41 PM »
@Anushka:

For future reference, yes, you can reset an uncontrollable Sim/ghost.  Sometimes ghosts get stuck while they're out haunting and resetting them puts them back into their urn/grave.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TommyT

• Occult
« Reply #1057 on: October 07, 2010, 10:40:15 PM »
Ok so Odessa, the wife of my founder (she has been dead for ages), is now alive and well on my lot.  Her tombstone, which was in my backyard, is gone and I'm absolutely sure I didn't do any opportunity/action to resurrect her.  I'm going to use moveobjects and delete her, it's just sad because in the end I wanted 8 immortals and 8 ghosts on one lot :(

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1058 on: October 07, 2010, 10:43:32 PM »
Ok so Odessa, the wife of my founder (she has been dead for ages), is now alive and well on my lot.  Her tombstone, which was in my backyard, is gone and I'm absolutely sure I didn't do any opportunity/action to resurrect her.  I'm going to use testingcheats enabled and delete her, it's just sad because in the end I wanted 8 immortals and 8 ghosts on one lot :(

So, one day she's a ghost, and the next she's not?

Offline TommyT

• Occult
« Reply #1059 on: October 07, 2010, 10:56:02 PM »
Precisely.  She showed up in my nursery.  If I wasn't tending the babies at the time who knows how long it would have taken me to notice she was back!  I've never had anything like this happen before, my only theory is that this may have something to do with locked doors.  I'm doing a baby/toddler raising experiment and I had 2 babies and a mother locked in my basement (Not as bad as it sounds!  It's like a full house in there) and on the first night Odessa popped in there as a ghost.  I didn't notice her over the next couple days and I wonder if she was unable to leave and just eventually reset?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1060 on: October 07, 2010, 11:00:00 PM »
I didn't notice her over the next couple days and I wonder if she was unable to leave and just eventually reset?

Interesting theory. But, the tombstone up and vanishing? I guess that coincided with her resetting if that's what indeed happened.

Offline TommyT

• Occult
« Reply #1061 on: October 07, 2010, 11:07:12 PM »
Yes the tombstone is gone, and in the family tree she shows up as a non-ghost.  She's been deleted now, sometime soon I'll try to reproduce the event so we can be aware of a bug to look out for.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1062 on: October 07, 2010, 11:14:49 PM »
...sometime soon I'll try to reproduce the event so we can be aware of a bug to look out for.

Aaaarrrggg. Great. Thank you.  ;)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1063 on: October 08, 2010, 02:16:06 AM »
@TommyT:

That's a most bizarre bug!  My gut feeling is that it's unrelated to the locked doors.  Ghosts have been having some strange behavior lately, although that one really tops them all.  I wonder if it's just a huge glitch where the game forgot that Odessa was dead.  So sorry you had to delete her.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #1064 on: October 08, 2010, 08:41:08 AM »
Did you have any ambrosia anywhere on lot? If so she might eat it and that would resurrect her.

anything