Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2941934 times)

Offline smuffy

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1125 on: October 19, 2010, 08:10:03 PM »
Same solution as my advice yesterday — testingcheats.

Sweet. My concern was that this would mean I can choose a trait for a Sim marrying into the family.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1126 on: October 19, 2010, 08:31:45 PM »
Sweet. My concern was that this would mean I can choose a trait for a Sim marrying into the family.

Is the new spouse an NPC like a maid?  Many times NPC Sims don't have all five traits.  Many of us discovered this when playing the Political Traiter challenge.  So, if that's the case with this Sim, I don't know if you should add a trait.  And if you do, you should probably roll for a random trait.  Metro, what do you think?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline smuffy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1127 on: October 19, 2010, 09:01:25 PM »
Is the new spouse an NPC like a maid?  Many times NPC Sims don't have all five traits.  Many of us discovered this when playing the Political Traiter challenge.  So, if that's the case with this Sim, I don't know if you should add a trait.  And if you do, you should probably roll for a random trait.  Metro, what do you think?

The spouse is not a NPC.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1128 on: October 19, 2010, 09:57:30 PM »
The spouse is not a NPC.

If the spouse is a townie, then you should have 5 traits available. I agree with Pam that if the spouse would be a NPC, then you might simply be stuck with 4.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #1129 on: October 21, 2010, 03:55:23 PM »
Problems never stop >:(
My second heir, Flora is registered as selfemployed gardener for 4 sim weeks now. She is only level 7 and career track show she earned only 13.151$ from selling fruit mainly in consignment shop, but skill stat show 181.696$ money earned by gardening. Career doesn't count money tree bags :( I would take it as granted but wildredchild told me in her game it does count. So now I'm pretty confused and upset. I have a back up plan to make her selfemployed painter since I kept her paintings, but it would be a lot of wasted time if I have to switch her career, she got 2 weeks before elder birthday. Without money trees it is almost impossible to reach level 10, as for level 8 she need 13k more to earn. And perfect life fruit in consignment store with all consignment challenges and LTR are worth 170$, meaning I need hundreds and hundreds of life fruits to sell.
Help. Any suggestions?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1130 on: October 21, 2010, 04:05:34 PM »
Problems never stop >:(
My second heir, Flora is registered as selfemployed gardener for 4 sim weeks now. She is only level 7 and career track show she earned only 13.151$ from selling fruit mainly in consignment shop, but skill stat show 181.696$ money earned by gardening. Career doesn't count money tree bags :(

If you drag money bags to sell the game most definitely counts them towards the gardening career. Unless your game is somehow bugged. In my game Recipe is advancing nicely with money bag sales. The only thing I can figure is maybe the consignment shop actually screwed things up? I have no idea. I haven't sold a single thing in the consignment store since that place scares the you-know-what out of me. I've only gone there to buy a camera.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #1131 on: October 21, 2010, 04:26:17 PM »
It might be me then, I never "sell" money bags, I click on them while in inventory and choose "cash in" - the only option. I never thought about selling them! Thank's for that info a lot!
And don't let that consignment shop scare you, they are nice, at least they are early in the morning. And now I don't really depend on it.
Thanks a lot for this info! I'm going to try it as soon as I get some time to play.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #1132 on: October 21, 2010, 04:40:28 PM »
Wait...can one sell a money bag to the consignment shop? I didn't think that was possible.

Another thought for Anushka: is it possible that the spouse cashed in the money bag instead of the gardener? That would account for it not counting toward the career sales.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1133 on: October 21, 2010, 04:42:49 PM »
Wait...can one sell a money bag to the consignment shop? I didn't think that was possible.

No, it's not. I was referring to simply holding down the folded corner of a stack of them and dragging them to the sell area of inventory. I did not even know about the cash in option.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #1134 on: October 21, 2010, 04:46:13 PM »
No, it's not. I was referring to simply holding down the folded corner of a stack of them and dragging them to the sell area of inventory. I did not even know about the cash in option.

Right, that's how I've been doing it.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #1135 on: October 22, 2010, 12:48:12 AM »

Another thought for Anushka: is it possible that the spouse cashed in the money bag instead of the gardener? That would account for it not counting toward the career sales.

llamaMama, you're right about not being able to sell money bags in consignment shop. About my gardener, she is the only one who garden in dynasty, and it is counted in her skill journal but not in her career. I just sold a bunch of money bags in inventory and Yes, they counted in career too, so thank you again, very very much ;D

It is interesting how each of us find and use different aspects of game.

Offline tara1727

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1136 on: October 22, 2010, 10:01:34 PM »
I sent my first gen spouse Holly (elder) and second gen spouse Tamsen (young adult) to a long 18 day skilling vacation to China. Holly was there to make them stay longer because she has level 3 visa there. Right after they arrived to China I noticed Holly had a broken heart, she was married to a dead guy called Chen Hong and had a daughter in China and her name was changed to Holly Hong. For some reason Holly's real spouse Franklin still saw himself as married to Holly. Tamsen was ok.

I could have let them skill for 18 days and then try to send them back home. It might have succeeded or not. If not I'd only lose 18 days worth of skilling. Or I could have tried to send them back home at once and deal with that bug. However, after reading all the horror stories here I did quit without saving and went back to moment before they traveled and sent Tamsen to China alone. I guess that is a game over for me? Or at least makes my game unofficial? Tamsen did skill for 9 days alone and came back in one piece.

One thing I've been wondering is what happens if an immortal supermaxes a free skill. I have gardening and painting as free skills and both are easy to supermax. My founder's supermax skill was cooking. If he later in his life (after eating ambrosia for the first time) supermaxes gardening does that make gardening a no-no for other immortals?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1137 on: October 22, 2010, 10:09:38 PM »
I sent my first gen spouse Holly (elder) and second gen spouse Tamsen (young adult) to a long 18 day skilling vacation to China. Holly was there to make them stay longer because she has level 3 visa there. Right after they arrived to China I noticed Holly had a broken heart, she was married to a dead guy called Chen Hong and had a daughter in China and her name was changed to Holly Hong. For some reason Holly's real spouse Franklin still saw himself as married to Holly. Tamsen was ok.

I could have let them skill for 18 days and then try to send them back home. It might have succeeded or not. If not I'd only lose 18 days worth of skilling. Or I could have tried to send them back home at once and deal with that bug. However, after reading all the horror stories here I did quit without saving and went back to moment before they traveled and sent Tamsen to China alone. I guess that is a game over for me?

Absolutely not. I can cut you some slack because you were hit with the awful travel bug. I would have quit without saving myself and felt good about it. You did not do anything wrong.

One thing I've been wondering is what happens if an immortal supermaxes a free skill. I have gardening and painting as free skills and both are easy to supermax. My founder's supermax skill was cooking. If he later in his life (after eating ambrosia for the first time) supermaxes gardening does that make gardening a no-no for other immortals?

Yes it does. Your future immortals still need to have a SuperMax skill that is unique to only them.

Offline eza_possom

• Nooboo
« Reply #1138 on: October 23, 2010, 03:21:47 PM »
Hi my name is Erin & I'm sort of new to the forum. I've never done a challenge before but after reading the rules for this one it seemed like fun & I wanted to give it a go. I do have a question though, you see my Founder Harry married Agnus & eventually they fell pregnant with Generation 2 well to my surprise she had TRIPLETS!! Neither of them had the fertility treatment, watched kids TV or listened to kids music so it was a bit of a shock to get 3 girl babies!

My question is are there any rules to do with triplets or twins? Do they have to stay in the house until the spare two die? I tried looking through this thread for the answer but after reading 60 pages I just couldn't go on to read the rest.

Any help would be appreciated thanks  :)

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #1139 on: October 23, 2010, 03:24:26 PM »
Only the firstborn is immortal. The other one or two will have the same rules as spouses.
Formerly Simstar3

anything