Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2977797 times)

mystsong

Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1260 on: November 07, 2010, 01:49:46 PM »
I've started up all four pre-LN towns since installing and it doesn't appear automatically in any of them. Adding it to a town is a bear and I'm not sure it's even possible without deleting other lots in some due to the size of the lot.

Hopefully that helps some.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1261 on: November 07, 2010, 02:25:19 PM »
I've started up all four pre-LN towns since installing and it doesn't appear automatically in any of them. Adding it to a town is a bear and I'm not sure it's even possible without deleting other lots in some due to the size of the lot.

Hopefully that helps some.

Thank you. I really don't want players to go through major town renovations just to add those 2 careers from the studio. On the other hand, more options is always good. I'm on the fence with it. For now it's a no.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

mystsong

« Reply #1262 on: November 07, 2010, 02:39:16 PM »
I've been able to place it in Twinbrook and SV without deleting anything, but it's nowhere near a road. I haven't tried in RV or Barnacle Bay yet since I'm not really interested in those careers anyway.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1263 on: November 07, 2010, 05:51:44 PM »
Metro, I've successfully placed it in all towns.  In some I had to create a 64x64 lot.  In some, just for placement convenience, I moved houses, then redid that whole thing without moving houses, just to see if it could be done.  Either way it works and really is not that hard to do.  Riverview was by and large the easiest one of all.  Everything fit very nicely.  In some cases I opted to not use the BP high rise to get the same KIND of building, (hangout forinstance).  Sunset Valley was a bear to do but it IS doable.  My reason is I did not want to change the overall appearance of the town/suburban atmosphere to a big city encroaching on the burbs thing.  It's not the buildings, per se we want, it's the opportunities.  By placing a professional bar in the Red(something) building from Twinbrook, I had immediate success with a mixologist showing up and a huge crowd of people coming to enjoy the hangout.  Next try will be a waterhole, but only after I have a Sim who can own it.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1264 on: November 07, 2010, 05:55:02 PM »
Thanks for the info, Joria.

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #1265 on: November 07, 2010, 08:55:50 PM »
Ok I used the Prudence household to run a test. I, too, was able to place the Backlot with no effort on 6 Willowdale Drive. I did delete some trees but I don't think you have to do that. It's not beautiful but it will serve its purpose. Where in Twinbrook did you put the Backlot, Mytsong? Joria? I haven't done the party spots yet since those weren't the buildings in question.

I don't know if you can tell but its not on flat terrain yet its not too steep for Phoenix Prudence to get in there. Good job, Phoenix, thank you for your demonstration.

I suggest, if I may, directing the placement of the lot in the rules, that way people don't have to rack their brains trying to build, bulldoze, manipulate terrain or whatever else. Similar to directing what to place in family inventory. If you choose to allow this.

In all this talk about the Backlot, I forgot to ask about the clubs. When I asked about the Backlot I mistyped. The question was supposed to be about the Backlot and the clubs. The rules just said lounge and bars. Since I am not sure if there is a significance between them in terms of this challenge, I want to be clear.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1266 on: November 07, 2010, 09:43:03 PM »
When I asked about the Backlot I mistyped. The question was supposed to be about the Backlot and the clubs. The rules just said lounge and bars. Since I am not sure if there is a significance between them in terms of this challenge, I want to be clear.

Clubs are fine to place. They obviously fall in the same category as lounges and bars.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #1267 on: November 07, 2010, 10:02:17 PM »
Oh good. I just wanted to be clear. I figured, but when I went to change an empty lot to community it had this huge list of categories. I hadn't made any lot changes since I purchased LN so I was a little overwhelmed. I will hold off on the Backlot as directed. I assume that once a final decision is made we will be allowed to go back and edit town if applicable.

Alrighty I think I'm ready now. I have all my questions answered... Till I have some more of course.  ;D

Edit to add: I found another spot that accomodated the 64x64 lot for the studio in Twinbrook. That area behind the stadium right next to Juan Darer, that guy with the burned down house. I chose to use it for exclusive Prosper Room but I'm getting turned off by the subway attachment. Its a good industrial spot compared to 6 Willowsdale but that's the reason I am putting my night life stuff there. Anyway, thought I'd share that.

Nibbles

« Reply #1268 on: November 09, 2010, 04:33:12 AM »
I know a founder needs a portrait for their three life stages. Are photos and ice sculptures also necessary for the founder and heirs, when I have those expansions installed?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1269 on: November 09, 2010, 05:05:10 AM »
I know a founder needs a portrait for their three life stages. Are photos and ice sculptures also necessary for the founder and heirs, when I have those expansions installed?

From the rules on page 1:

With the exception of your Founder, each immortal needs to have 6 portraits painted of themselves — one for each of the following life stages: Toddler, Child, Teen, Young Adult, Adult, and Elder. These are the sole items for your Immortals’ Museum. Your Founder needs to have Young Adult, Adult, and Elder portraits added to the museum before eating Ambrosia. Once placed in the museum, paintings cannot be replaced with new paintings of the same immortal.  Optional: Photographs and/or ice sculptures of each immortal at the same life stages may be included in the museum if expansion packs are being used.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Nibbles

« Reply #1270 on: November 09, 2010, 10:24:46 AM »
So it's up to a simmer's prefrences then
Glad that's clear now. I want my first dynasty to kick off on the right foot.
Thank you Pam ^^

inclement

« Reply #1271 on: November 09, 2010, 02:12:40 PM »
Just wanted clarification, apologies if this has been addressed and I missed it.

Offspring must be the result of natural pregnancies of Sims living in the house - does this mean that both parents must reside in the Dynasty House, or just the mother?

Asking as the LTR Master of Seduction has the option of Try For Baby without requiring relationship that high (I'm bad, I was experimenting and did it on an "old friend", and got a son out of it).

Thanks!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1272 on: November 09, 2010, 03:07:24 PM »
Offspring must be the result of natural pregnancies of Sims living in the house - does this mean that both parents must reside in the Dynasty House, or just the mother?

Both. The sole exception is gen #7 which has to be a female. Whoever gets her pregnant cannot move into the household because then there would not be room for gen #8.

inclement

« Reply #1273 on: November 09, 2010, 03:46:10 PM »
Ok, thank you!

Offline klop90

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1274 on: November 09, 2010, 04:07:51 PM »
Question may you build a subway station?

anything