Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2942079 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1425 on: November 30, 2010, 05:36:31 AM »
@Nilla:

Check this thread for more suggestions to help your game run more smoothly.  These large files are going to become cumbersome no matter what we do.  It's just a hazard of playing a very long challenge like this.

@Brash_Endeavors:

Welcome to our Forum and thank you for the suggestions.  I'm afraid it's too late to make those type of changes to the rules.  When constructing a long term challenge like this, we try to make it as fair as possible for everyone.  However, sometimes just the nature of the game makes it impossible.  As for some Dynasty lots in other towns not having the Beautiful Vista moodlet, that just has to be part of a player's choice when selecting the town to play.  It really won't be much of a factor beyond the initial stage of the game because once the Dynasty family gets going, there are so many other ways to keep them happy.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Nilla

• Townie
« Reply #1426 on: November 30, 2010, 10:18:30 AM »
I was having a lot of save problems until I deleted a lot of things from the lot. I got rid of the two fish walls and a lot of unnecessary stuff.  It did seem to help.  Now the only things I'm adding are the Gallery items, and whenever I do add anything I find something to delete.  The game still takes a really long time to load and shut down, but at least I haven't had problems saving it.

Good idea, I've already tried to limit the number of items in the house but could probably do that even more and I just noticed that my sims have way too much in their inventories, especially vegetables and besides life fruit it's not really necessary to have garden.

My main problem is not the long loading time but that my game crashes a lot and it seems to happen even faster lately. Also I have almost no trouble when travelling so I suspect something either Sunset Valley or just the home lot that causes it.

@Pam: Thanks for the link but I have already done all those general cleanup steps and always delete the cache files now. Most of the problems seem to be with this challenges saves and not the game in general.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1427 on: December 01, 2010, 01:24:59 AM »
Question on Best Friends, Do Spouses and other Immortals count? So Say Diana can count Chris and Gabriella but no other Immortals can count Gabriella or Chris?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #1428 on: December 01, 2010, 02:34:35 AM »
I believe that's true Thomas. Friendships (best friends) within the household count but can only be counted one way. As the rules state, they have to be 6 unique best friends, so if Chris is counted as someone's best friend he is off limits for everyone else.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1429 on: December 01, 2010, 03:02:21 AM »
Question on Best Friends, Do Spouses and other Immortals count? So Say Diana can count Chris and Gabriella but no other Immortals can count Gabriella or Chris?

Yes, this is correct.  Be careful with it, though, especially later in the Dynasty.  When you get several Sims living in the same house, they easily become best friends on their own.  So, it can get a little tricky by around the 4th or 5th generation.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1430 on: December 01, 2010, 03:27:28 AM »
I haven't chosen any household members to be my immortals best friends they are all friends with one another but they have outside friends too.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #1431 on: December 01, 2010, 01:03:07 PM »
The rule that I made for myself was that an Immortal can only count their spouse and child(ren) as best friends, after that they have to make friends outside the family. Then it becomes easier to keep track. Plus I write everything down.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1432 on: December 01, 2010, 01:07:55 PM »
I nearly had a meltdown. I started my dynasty game up and moved Eskarina's child portrait down to the basement where I keep all the portraits and I couldn't see her toddler portrait. I nearly burst into tears and was ready to delete the file and make a big announcement that my dynasty was over. Until I discovered it in the second basement where I am keeping the nectar maker.
So panic over.

Rachel

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1433 on: December 01, 2010, 01:15:29 PM »
I was mainly thinking for Diana to count Gabriella and Chris if he is still around which I think he will be since he is slightly younger as Diana has been quite busy trying to get funds and her gardening done.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1434 on: December 01, 2010, 02:07:15 PM »
It makes sense for Gabby and Chris to be her best friends cause it is not as if Chris will be around when Gabby becomes an immortal.

Rachel

Offline CharlotteDaBookworm

• Occult
  • Call me Charlotte, Charlie or Char
« Reply #1435 on: December 02, 2010, 01:44:32 PM »
I have a really big problem, my founders 82 days old, and even though ive planted about 50 special seeds NONE of them have been life fruit, shes got the death fish and cooking skill/recipe but I cant find the life fruit.  >:(

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1436 on: December 02, 2010, 02:09:06 PM »
I have a really big problem, my founders 82 days old, and even though ive planted about 50 special seeds NONE of them have been life fruit, shes got the death fish and cooking skill/recipe but I cant find the life fruit.  >:(

50 special seeds and NONE have been life fruit? Wow. When did you start planting them? Within the first week of game play?

Offline CharlotteDaBookworm

• Occult
  • Call me Charlotte, Charlie or Char
« Reply #1437 on: December 02, 2010, 02:38:17 PM »
50 special seeds and NONE have been life fruit? Wow. When did you start planting them? Within the first week of game play?

Yep, first week of game play, and carried on now in week 8/9 not sure.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1438 on: December 02, 2010, 02:48:04 PM »
Yep, first week of game play, and carried on now in week 8/9 not sure.

I don't know if only certain areas spawn certain kinds of special seeds. In other words, take the special seeds next to Sunset Valley's Science Center — do those have a chance of being any special seed? Or do they only spawn into one or two plants? I do not know how spawning areas work. I guess my only tip for you is to make sure to hit all areas that spawn special seeds and not stick to one or two.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1439 on: December 02, 2010, 02:56:29 PM »
My Best places for Special Seeds are around the Lot you have chosen and the Alto lot, The Science Lab and sometimes the Graveyard. I would get all of your Sims to go out and look in the different locations to minimize time wasted.

anything