Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2943300 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1380 on: November 19, 2010, 05:37:12 PM »
Thanks for the quick response Pam. How long did it take Cinnamon to reach the top of the medical career. I was thinking of letting Kumquat get a job when she has her adult birthday. She is currently about six days from adulthood. She has completed two of the extra skill challenges she just needs to tutor a few more children and discover some more stars.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1381 on: November 20, 2010, 04:08:24 AM »
I am worried about Logic becuase I have never completed any of the skill challenges and never done the Chess Master thing either so I am worried that I would fail on it.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1382 on: November 20, 2010, 04:22:24 AM »
Thanks for the quick response Pam. How long did it take Cinnamon to reach the top of the medical career. I was thinking of letting Kumquat get a job when she has her adult birthday. She is currently about six days from adulthood. She has completed two of the extra skill challenges she just needs to tutor a few more children and discover some more stars.

Rachel

Cinnamon was able to reach level 10 of her medical career before she reached adulthood.  Just remember, she's a workaholic, so she worked hard all day and worked at home.  One of her lifetime rewards is Transmeditative Sleep, which helps quite a lot by cutting down on how much sleep she needs.  She did most of her stargazing while on vacation in Champs Les Sims.  And really, if you can snag the paperboy and nail him to the floor, you can get that tutoring challenge done in two or three days.  Just plant them together on the floor for the whole day.

I am worried about Logic becuase I have never completed any of the skill challenges and never done the Chess Master thing either so I am worried that I would fail on it.

The Chest Master challenge takes some time, but if you start early (childhood or teen) and work on it steadily (say, one per day), you won't have any problem.  The skill challenges look like they're overwhelming, but really they aren't.  As a side benefit, the ones you tutor gain a lot on the relationship bar, so they are good friends by the time you're done.  Be careful tutoring your own family, though, because when Cinnamon tutored Scarlet as a child, Scarlet's logic skill went up.  And that just cannot happen because Logic is a SuperMax skill.  Best to tutor kids outside your family.  In summary, Cinnamon was ready for Ambrosia as soon as she aged to elder and got her final portrait done.  The logic challenges weren't difficult at all.  I do suggest that you not have a baby until all that is out of the way, though, because it will interfere.  Cinnamon married after she reached adulthood, but she had her stuff done.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Veldmuisie

• Townie
« Reply #1383 on: November 21, 2010, 01:11:16 PM »
This will be my 3rd attempt after I realized my founder maxed way too many skills.  I have read tons of the pages but not all, so excuse if this was asked before. 

1.  Looking at people's plans for superskills over the generations, how on earth can you have a supermax skill for the founder OTHER than gardening, fishing or cooking?  With the short lifespan, I can barely  complete the requirements and get the two ingredients and cooking skill for the Ambrosia.  His wife has been painting full time and still creates mostly blotchy black portraits.  The humanity!

2.  How do you get to level 10 of the self-employment gardening career?  The amount of plants you will have to keep is insane, I don't think I've ever been able to get further than 9.  I suppose it's easier with the omni-plant, but what do you give it to make this work?  Deathfish?  Does that count as "produce"?

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1384 on: November 21, 2010, 01:18:56 PM »
Veldmuisie, welcome to the forum.  What skill are you wanting to have your founder supermax?  If you look at other peoples' dynasty stories, that may give you some idea how people have done it.  I went for fishing in my Clan Douglas dynasty, and didn't have any trouble with it.

As for the self-employed gardener career, I think money trees are the secret to success there.  Lots of money trees.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline revolution724

• Townie
« Reply #1385 on: November 21, 2010, 03:21:05 PM »
Incidentally, if you have your teen tutor his or her classmates, it counts as tutoring children.  I've had Tienguai Li tutor a few kids he brought home from school, or with whom he went home from school.

Offline revolution724

• Townie
« Reply #1386 on: November 22, 2010, 09:48:46 AM »
Um, so what do you do if a ghost zips in and eats the ambrosia you meant for one of your immortals before he can get to it?  Does this ruin the dynasty like a meteor strike?  If so, I may  :'(.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1387 on: November 22, 2010, 10:32:21 AM »
I would assume you could just make some more ambrosia.
In my dynasty Sunset has been inviting friends over and her mum Kumquat has been tutoring them.

Rachel

Offline revolution724

• Townie
« Reply #1388 on: November 22, 2010, 10:39:13 AM »
Well... it's a little more complicated than that in that it was my founder's dead spouse who ate it, so he rejoined the family.  I might start a new one to switch some things around anyway, but argh.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1389 on: November 22, 2010, 10:46:00 AM »
Oh well that does complicate things. Sorry you have to start again.

Rachel

Offline revolution724

• Townie
« Reply #1390 on: November 22, 2010, 11:14:07 AM »
Veldmuisie, welcome to the forum.  What skill are you wanting to have your founder supermax?  If you look at other peoples' dynasty stories, that may give you some idea how people have done it.  I went for fishing in my Clan Douglas dynasty, and didn't have any trouble with it.

As for the self-employed gardener career, I think money trees are the secret to success there.  Lots of money trees.

Also, go to China and raid the base camp bookshelf.  Those books are worth tons of simoleons and you can feed them all to your omni plants.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1391 on: November 22, 2010, 11:37:03 AM »
Also, go to China and raid the base camp bookshelf.  Those books are worth tons of simoleons and you can feed them all to your omni plants.

Keep in mind that travel is not allowed until the Generation 2 reaches Young Adult age.  This means your founder would not be able to benefit from this strategy until s/he is fairly old.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline revolution724

• Townie
« Reply #1392 on: November 22, 2010, 11:39:29 AM »
Keep in mind that travel is not allowed until the Generation 2 reaches Young Adult age.  This means your founder would not be able to benefit from this strategy until s/he is fairly old.

No, that's true, but it could be useful later on.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1393 on: November 22, 2010, 11:39:44 AM »
Well... it's a little more complicated than that in that it was my founder's dead spouse who ate it, so he rejoined the family.  I might start a new one to switch some things around anyway, but argh.

Yeah,  I'm afraid Ratchie is right - resurrecting deceased family members, even inadvertently, is not allowed.  Too bad.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1394 on: November 22, 2010, 05:56:37 PM »
Even though I have read a post before about a ghost being resurrected by eating ambrosia it never occurred to me to worry about it happening in my dynasty.
At the moment Sideburns remains are in Hebe's inventory and I think that is where he is going to stay, well for now anyway you never know he and Hebe might be reunited one day.

Rachel