Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2971408 times)

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1170 on: October 28, 2010, 08:38:30 AM »
Attention potential Bridgeport Dynasty players—

You now have the green light to begin if you wish. Check the rules in the first post of this thread and you'll see which lot you need to purchase as well as the two additional objects to bring starting funds to $1600 simoleans.

Vampires are banned for the Immortal Dynasty Challenge as they bring too many differences and changes to normal Sims that would give them unfair advantages—namely, faster skilling and a longer life.

So just to be clear, I'm only at generation 2 now so don't need it now but if I later want can I use lets say mixology as a supermax skill??

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1171 on: October 28, 2010, 08:40:53 AM »
So just to be clear, im only at generation 2 now so dont need it now but if i later want can i use lets say mixology as a supermax skill??

Absolutely, Lena. I don't know Late Night content that well yet given I've only been playing it for a day and a half, but aside from the vampire ban, I really don't see any reason to disallow other LN content.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1172 on: October 28, 2010, 10:12:04 AM »
I know Edit Town is off limits except for the specific exceptions listed in the rules.  But when I installed Late Night, the game didn't automatically install any of the venues or bars in my Dynasty game.  This means there are no places for my band to play, no opportunity for a mixologist to get work, and no place to go and meet with the celebrities or townspeople.  Metro, would you consider letting us use Edit Town to put in a bar or club or two?  Without the new venues, the new skills aren't going to be very useful for us.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1173 on: October 28, 2010, 10:19:41 AM »
I know Edit Town is off limits except for the specific exceptions listed in the rules.  But when I installed Late Night, the game didn't automatically install any of the venues or bars in my Dynasty game.  This means there are no places for my band to play, no opportunity for a mixologist to get work, and no place to go and meet with the celebrities or townspeople.  Metro, would you consider letting us use Edit Town to put in a bar or club or two?  Without the new venues, the new skills aren't going to be very useful for us.

Good point. And that reminds me that the Bridgeport Public Library also does not have a Book Corral for skill books.  ::)  I'm on it.

-------

EDIT: Done.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1174 on: October 28, 2010, 10:33:34 AM »
Good point. And that reminds me that the Bridgeport Public Library also does not have a Book Corral for skill books.  ::)  I'm on it.

-------

EDIT: Done.

Excellent!  Thank you.  That sound of running footsteps is me dashing out to build a bar or two.   ;D

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1175 on: October 28, 2010, 12:02:50 PM »
Getting opportunities just got a lot easier with Late Night.  Several of my Dynasty members have been getting opportunities to do various things to gain celebrity points.  Can we count these opportunities as BlackOps?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1176 on: October 28, 2010, 12:13:25 PM »
Getting opportunities just got a lot easier with Late Night.  Several of my Dynasty members have been getting opportunities to do various things to gain celebrity points.  Can we count these opportunities as BlackOps?

Definitely. I'm getting a ton more ops myself in the article I'm writing on the Lifestyle of the Rich and Famous LTW.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1177 on: October 28, 2010, 07:06:13 PM »
You are not kidding about that, talk about opportunities galore.  I have a sim that is not even in the acting profession that has four stars and almost on her fifth.  That is so cool.  I am glad to hear everyone is enjoying the game so far.  I have not even played my poor dynasty.  I guess I should since I can use some of the stuff from LN.  I guess I just got too wrapped up in all of the new stuff, like everyone else, lol. ;)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1178 on: October 28, 2010, 07:12:17 PM »
Vampires are banned for Bridgeport players.

I don't get this bit? I thought Vampires were in all the towns?  ???
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1179 on: October 28, 2010, 07:18:34 PM »
I think that goes for the dynasty players thomas, I am pretty sure anyway.  My vampire has 85 days to live now, so that would not be fair in the dynasty.  I could be wrong, but I did not see who the quote was by.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1180 on: October 28, 2010, 07:23:48 PM »
I think that goes for the dynasty players thomas, I am pretty sure anyway.  My vampire has 85 days to live now, so that would not be fair in the dynasty.  I could be wrong, but I did not see who the quote was by.

Me. Vampires are in all towns? For some reason I thought they might be Bridgeport only.

-------

EDIT: Carl thinks they're in all towns. I'll go on that assumption and ban them across the board.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1181 on: October 28, 2010, 07:56:11 PM »
I'm pretty sure there are vampires in my Dynasty game in Sunset Valley.  My band members all suddenly got the wish to meet a vampire when they were jamming in the park one day.  Also I've noticed that some of my sims' acquaintances in their relationship panel now have red margins around them, and wondered if that means they are vampires.  Anyway, what does it mean that "vampires are banned"?  Do you mean that none of the Dynasty household can become a vampire?  Incidentally, I found a bottle of nectar made from plasma fruit at the Consignment shop the other day.  It's ok to drink that, right?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1182 on: October 28, 2010, 08:05:44 PM »
It means nobody in the Dynasty family can become a vampire, nor can they marry a vampire.  No vampires in the Dynasty family.

I don't know about the plasma fruit nectar.  My Sim ate a plasma fruit and it made her sick.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1183 on: October 28, 2010, 08:24:06 PM »
I have vampires in SV where I was playing my other dynasty.  I figured I might as well play them and plopped a few buildings from BP in there and yep, there are vampires and papparazzi and movie stars, yay. :)  The red around their pics in the friends page is definately vampires.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1184 on: October 28, 2010, 09:01:33 PM »
It means nobody in the Dynasty family can become a vampire, nor can they marry a vampire.  No vampires in the Dynasty family.

Correct, Pam. It's Dynasty only. By all means, if your Sims want to become friends with vampires, fine.