Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2977126 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1680 on: January 01, 2011, 08:33:52 PM »
Okay, thank you very much!

Saw that other people detailed plans for people to prod and poke for problems, so:

- Using Riverview, because I prefer it. ^^
- Only got 10 skills to juggle so using Charisma and Fishing as the "anybody" skills; Charisma is useful for everybody, especially when trying to grab spouses, and fishing gives the immortals something to do when they're off work and doing bugger all - I plan to have all eight immortals with the Angler trait just for this purpose. :P
- First Immortal will be Culinary, with max cooking - Spouse will probably be Billy Caspian (Artistic and gives you +20k to begin). Billy will do the pictures for now, and plant the lifefruit needed. First Immortal will also fish up the beginning Deathfish needed, and cook Ambrosia for everybody. She'll also get a replicator so that I don't have to worry so much about getting ingredients for Ambrosia.
- Second Immortal will be a Forensic Scientist, getting level 9 in Logic and supermaxing Painting.
- Third Immortal will be an Astronaut, level 9 Athletics and maxing Handiness. And maxing Fishing. Upgrade the house, and sit fishing for the 6 days out of 7 they're doing bugger all.
- Fourth Immortal will be a Doctor, level 9 in Logic and supermaxing ...Writing. Because Doctors are even easier to get promotions with Bookworm, and they'll have Genius anyway - and I find Bookworm and Genius make epic Sci-Fi Stories. :D
- Fifth Immortal will be in Business, maxing Gardening and Charisma. Workaholic & Neurotic so as to hold zillions of meetings to keep them occupied.
- Sixth Immortal will be a Master Thief, maxing Athletics. Because I like the Thief career track. :D
- Seventh Immortal will be a Spy, maxing Logic and level 9ing Athletics.
- Eighth Immortal will be a Rock Star, maxing Guitar.

Thoughts? I'm a little worried about the Guitar skill - I've never really done the Parties much, and having read up on the Guitar skill, I'm worried I'll not be able to Supermax it with the current bug to one of the skill challenges. Any recommendations for it?

Edit: after thinking about it, changed Hit Movie to Spy, and changed Politician to Rock Star - Rockstar will get only Guitar skill until finishing all the skill opportunities he needs to.

I'm a little confused with your choices.  You don't always specify which will be SuperMaxed in each generation.  Also, you've got some odd pairings that may not work the best together.  For me, the ideal situation was when the Lifetime Wish, SuperMax skill, and Career were all related.  Otherwise, you've got to put in too much of time and effort to get all of it done.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Frey

« Reply #1681 on: January 01, 2011, 09:26:41 PM »
Yeah, I find that sounds a lot easier than it actually is. Truth is, I'm at my 4th round right now and probably going to fail - just because I'm stupid and forgot one of the logic skill challenges my founder had to complete: the chess tournament thing... which I can't complete now because apparently something's wrong with my game. Everytime a normal sim comes home to challenge my founder, it's alright... but if a vampire comes around, then one of them (or both) start yelling beside the chess table as they do when something gets in their way, then cancel the option and start just practicing or playing together - not against each other. Strange thing is, it only happens with vampires (at any time of the day or night) AND the chess table is actually 100% usable. Plus, she's already like 82 days old and unless I get to fix the problem, she's going to die... soon.

Anyway... what I was saying: it's easy to plan your way to complete this thing, but once you get to it you realize it's actually really hard to do. There's always some trouble getting in your way: for me it was getting my sim a spouse, then unexpected twins to take care of and now this issue/bug/whatever with the chess tournament. Oh and I accidentally sold two of my previous founder's portraits along with other pictures hehe. So, after 3 attempts I decided I would plan as little as possible and just have fun with it.

Oh and I had a question too... do travel adventures count as opportunities? I mean, once the 2º generation immortal is a yound adult and you're allowed to travel. I don't mean those job and skill-opportunities you complete by travelling, but those you start and finish during vacations. Sorry if someone else already asked... this thread is so long now I don't have time to read it all.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1682 on: January 01, 2011, 10:24:26 PM »

Oh and I had a question too... do travel adventures count as opportunities? I mean, once the 2º generation immortal is a yound adult and you're allowed to travel. I don't mean those job and skill-opportunities you complete by travelling, but those you start and finish during vacations. Sorry if someone else already asked... this thread is so long now I don't have time to read it all.

The only opportunities that count are the ones you get in your home community.  If an opportunity offered to you at home involves travel, that's fine (once Gen 2 is YA).  But Adventures/opportunities obtained in foreign destinations don't count as BlackOps.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Castaras

• Stark Raving Bonkers
  • Townie
  • mew mew
« Reply #1683 on: January 02, 2011, 07:14:50 AM »
I'm a little confused with your choices.  You don't always specify which will be SuperMaxed in each generation.  Also, you've got some odd pairings that may not work the best together.  For me, the ideal situation was when the Lifetime Wish, SuperMax skill, and Career were all related.  Otherwise, you've got to put in too much of time and effort to get all of it done.

Sorry, used Max instead of supermax for some of it... to make it a little clearer:

- Third immortal is supermaxing Handiness, since she's an Astronaut.
- Fifth Immortal is the business woman and supermaxing Gardening
- Sixth Immortal is super-maxing Athletics, seeing as that's the only skill needed for the Criminal track
- Seventh Immortal is supermaxing Logic, and 9ing Athletics
- Eighth Immortal is supermaxing Guitar

Lifetime wish for all of them is for their respective careers. I only have 10 skills to juggle - which means 2 free skills - so I've had to make some stranger choices for supermaxes and free skills so as to keep it all together. Can't see where there's any problems with skills, other than for Business - which needs no skills, and Gardening is a good one to get up quickly each morning before work, or in the library on free days - and Doctor - where Bookworm is the best trait for writing, and Bookworm is darned useful for the medical journals, so helps for both. I'll probably get 10 in Medical then quit to do fulltime writing.

edit: Correction. Made the first immortal's lifetime wish Culinary Librarian, so as to make all the favourite foods for the 8, no matter what they may be.

Offline Jowkoul

• Townie
« Reply #1684 on: January 02, 2011, 07:24:14 AM »
Do we have to paint the portrait of the first generation (founder) and/or take a photo of them? I mean, she's not married as of now and she'll be Adult in a few sim days, do I have to paint her portrait as a Young Adult?  ??? Anybody?
Just got the 'Death of Michael Jackson' moodlet, applies for 14 days, -200 mood

Offline RJ

• Townie
« Reply #1685 on: January 02, 2011, 07:31:52 AM »
Do we have to paint the portrait of the first generation (founder) and/or take a photo of them? I mean, she's not married as of now and she'll be Adult in a few sim days, do I have to paint her portrait as a Young Adult?  ??? Anybody?

Yes you have to get her YA portrait. If you don't want to get married you can find a friend and move him/her in and paint, but he/she will have to stay at home until he/she dies.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1686 on: January 02, 2011, 07:45:19 AM »

I see from your story thread that your Dynasty is in Sunset Valley. Run, do not walk to Agnes Crumplebottoms, and try to get her to move in because she'll be able to paint a portrait of your Founder right out of the gate. If your Founder is just a few days away from Adult stage, then Agnes is most likely already in Elder stage. That's good. She'll quickly pass on and then you can concentrate on a replacement to bring in gen #2.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RJ

• Townie
« Reply #1687 on: January 02, 2011, 08:05:16 AM »
I see from your story thread that your Dynasty is in Sunset Valley. Run, do not walk to Agnes Crumplebottoms, and try to get her to move in because she'll be able to paint a portrait of your Founder right out of the gate. If your Founder is just a few days away from Adult stage, then Agnes is most likely already in Elder stage. That's good. She'll quickly pass on and then you can concentrate on a replacement to bring in gen #2.

LOL what if he has LN and Agnes became a vampire like in my dynasty?

This is probably not the right place to ask but does anyone know if marrying the paparazzi has the usual NPC effects (like premature aging)? There's a paparazzi with great traits in my 3rd gen's potential spouse list.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1688 on: January 02, 2011, 08:11:22 AM »
LOL what if he has LN and Agnes became a vampire like in my dynasty?

Ha ha. Yeah, that would pretty much put Count Crumpula out of the picture.

Offline Castaras

• Stark Raving Bonkers
  • Townie
  • mew mew
« Reply #1689 on: January 02, 2011, 09:11:14 AM »
Another question <.<

Opportunity wise, if you get an opportunity like "Learn a Recipe", would two opportunities, one that involves learning one recipe, one that involves learning another, count as 2 separate opportunities or both the same opportunity?

Offline n8thegr8

• Townie
« Reply #1690 on: January 02, 2011, 09:16:54 AM »
It is my understanding that if they are both called "Learn a recipe," then you can only use one of them as a BlackOp.

Offline Castaras

• Stark Raving Bonkers
  • Townie
  • mew mew
« Reply #1691 on: January 02, 2011, 09:25:41 AM »
It is my understanding that if they are both called "Learn a recipe," then you can only use one of them as a BlackOp.

Makes the most sense, from what I can gather of the rules. Will work with the opportunities this way, thanks!

Offline Castaras

• Stark Raving Bonkers
  • Townie
  • mew mew
« Reply #1692 on: January 02, 2011, 10:54:10 AM »
Houston, we have a problem.

There's only 7 properties in base game Riverview - Swim Club, Reading Room, Cemetary, Lost Willow Park, Riverview Fish Hatchery, Octagon House Art Gallery, and Riverview Gymnasium.

Would it be acceptable for one Immortal to buy 2 Buildings instead of 1 building and 1 property, or should I edit the town to add another property?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1693 on: January 02, 2011, 12:22:34 PM »
Houston, we have a problem.

There's only 7 properties in base game Riverview - Swim Club, Reading Room, Cemetary, Lost Willow Park, Riverview Fish Hatchery, Octagon House Art Gallery, and Riverview Gymnasium.

Would it be acceptable for one Immortal to buy 2 Buildings instead of 1 building and 1 property, or should I edit the town to add another property?

Hmmm...sorry I did not check that out originally. I know in SV there is no issue with just the base game. Yeah, by all means, use Edit Town to add another property. That's fine.

Offline Castaras

• Stark Raving Bonkers
  • Townie
  • mew mew
« Reply #1694 on: January 02, 2011, 02:07:41 PM »
Hmmm...sorry I did not check that out originally. I know in SV there is no issue with just the base game. Yeah, by all means, use Edit Town to add another property. That's fine.

No worries, was just something to bring to your attention. :)

anything