Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2993727 times)

Offline Skyberry

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2100 on: March 11, 2011, 06:32:26 AM »
Thank you for your super fast reply! Do I need to have it in the Family inventory or can I make a tiny little basement room right out the back and pop them in there because I am almost sure that I would forget that is why I put them in the family inventory?

PS; What are the starting funds for SV? I think its $1800 but I am most likely wrong. If I buy the four items for Twinbrook it takes me below $1800. I apologise for being a pest but it is taking a very long time to read this thread (I am up to page 98).
Oops nevermind the starting funds as I bought 3 wall sections to put the paintings on.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2101 on: March 11, 2011, 06:37:38 AM »
I'll let Metro address that one, Skyberry.  And welcome to our Forum.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2102 on: March 11, 2011, 07:57:02 AM »
Thank you for your super fast reply! Do I need to have it in the Family inventory or can I make a tiny little basement room right out the back and pop them in there because I am almost sure that I would forget that is why I put them in the family inventory?

It's the very first thing you do. Hopefully, that would prevent any forgetting on your part...

• *With the Twinbrook lot, you’ll also need to purchase the Stately Statue by Big Yard Dudes, Inc (Decor > Sculptures), and 3 Bouquet in Repose (Decor > Wall Decorations). Place these 4 items in family inventory and leave them there for the duration of the Dynasty Challenge. This is for Twinbrook only and is necessary to make the beginning family funds equivalent to Sunset Valley and Riverview.

PS; What are the starting funds for SV? I think its $1800 but I am most likely wrong. If I buy the four items for Twinbrook it takes me below $1800. I apologise for being a pest but it is taking a very long time to read this thread (I am up to page 98).
Oops nevermind the starting funds as I bought 3 wall sections to put the paintings on.

Putting them on walls works too.

Welcome to the forum.

Offline Skyberry

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2103 on: March 11, 2011, 08:50:09 AM »
Thank you for the welcome and thanks very much for the speedy replies.
I am off to a great start as I got Gerry Berry into the Culinary career for the super duper fridge but I seriously forgot to watch out for his needs before he went to work. He just left his first shift and is ready to pass out. I think I am going to woo and wed Penny Pincher if I can get poor Gerry into a fit state.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #2104 on: March 11, 2011, 08:56:09 AM »
Thank you for the welcome and thanks very much for the speedy replies.
I am off to a great start as I got Gerry Berry into the Culinary career for the super duper fridge but I seriously forgot to watch out for his needs before he went to work. He just left his first shift and is ready to pass out. I think I am going to woo and wed Penny Pincher if I can get poor Gerry into a fit state.

You should start writing a story about your Dynasty. I really like the idea. Very interesting.  :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Skyberry

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2105 on: March 12, 2011, 04:23:15 AM »
I am not sure what to do here but I caved in and got Barnacle Bay. Followed the rules and added the four community lots. I started wooing Odessa Cross then went to go to the Fire Station to eat, sleep etc when I realised that I now have 2 of each community lot. Should I just go back to edit town and remove the ones I added? Or should I start over?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2106 on: March 12, 2011, 07:24:10 AM »
I am not sure what to do here but I caved in and got Barnacle Bay. Followed the rules and added the four community lots. I started wooing Odessa Cross then went to go to the Fire Station to eat, sleep etc when I realised that I now have 2 of each community lot. Should I just go back to edit town and remove the ones I added? Or should I start over?

I guess start over. So, are you saying that your consignment store, fire station, tattoo parlor, etc just duplicated themselves?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Skyberry

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2107 on: March 12, 2011, 07:58:23 AM »
No Barnacle Bay actually has those lots there but I didn't see them until I sent my sim to use the firestation. No biggy as I started over as Odessa has high cooking so I made my sim get gardening LTW.

Colossus

« Reply #2108 on: March 12, 2011, 09:48:36 PM »
"3. Max a skill not maxed by other immortals. All related skill challenges from the Skill Journal must also be accomplished for the skill. This is the single "SuperMax" skill that must be unique to each immortal."

After seeing other peoples dynasties this rule confuses me, so I'll just ask for clarification.

Does it mean...

Sim 2 has to SuperMax a skill that Sim 1 hasn't got to level 10. As in if 1 has Gardening level 10 but doesn't have the Journal things done, that 2 can't SuperMax it?

I've seen other dynasties where 1 had Gardening Supered, but 2 had Gardening maxed also, so I'm confused. Gardening is just an example, it could be any of the skills...

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2109 on: March 12, 2011, 10:08:49 PM »
"3. Max a skill not maxed by other immortals. All related skill challenges from the Skill Journal must also be accomplished for the skill. This is the single "SuperMax" skill that must be unique to each immortal."

After seeing other peoples dynasties this rule confuses me, so I'll just ask for clarification.

Does it mean...

Sim 2 has to SuperMax a skill that Sim 1 hasn't got to level 10. As in if 1 has Gardening level 10 but doesn't have the Journal things done, that 2 can't SuperMax it?

I've seen other dynasties where 1 had Gardening Supered, but 2 had Gardening maxed also, so I'm confused. Gardening is just an example, it could be any of the skills...

Hi Colossus, welcome to the forum. By the way, hats off to all the workers that did your statue a long time ago. (Ugh. That was bad, I know) —

Okay, back to reality. The bottom line on the SuperMax skills is it all depends on what skill is indeed a SuperMax skill. The SuperMax skill for a given immortal is the targeted unique skill that no other immortal can max. So, if you've read in Dynasty stories that a couple immortals have maxed gardening in one particular story, then all that means is that a player did not have gardening as a SuperMax skill. That happened to be my Founder's SuperMax skill and so maxing it was off limits for all 7 other Man Dynasty immortals.

Colossus

« Reply #2110 on: March 12, 2011, 10:13:49 PM »
Hi Colossus, welcome to the forum. By the way, hats off to all the workers that did your statue a long time ago. (Ugh. That was bad, I know) —

Okay, back to reality. The bottom line on the SuperMax skills is it all depends on what skill is indeed a SuperMax skill. The SuperMax skill for a given immortal is the targeted unique skill that no other immortal can max. So, if you've read in Dynasty stories that a couple immortals have maxed gardening in one particular story, then all that means is that a player did not have gardening as a SuperMax skill. That happened to be my Founder's SuperMax skill and so maxing it was off limits for all 7 other Man Dynasty immortals.

Alright, thank you for clearing that up for me. I realize that means I could have all 8 generations max out one skill as long as none of them SuperMax's it. That makes things a little more manageable then. Plus now I know how not to mess up with skills. I will have to give this a try sometime soon, it'll be my second attempt when I do it, missed out on half of the first two gen's paintings the first time.

Thank you also for the welcome, and at least you made an attempt at a joke, that made me laugh.

Offline Skyberry

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2111 on: March 13, 2011, 12:34:16 AM »

Well I am a lot disapointed in Barnacle Bay! After I had started my Immortal Berry's in BB I find out that no special seeds appear. So getting to the top of Gardening Career may be a little bit hard.
 Then I think ok so Founder can do gardening as supermax and fishing as second max so off I toddle only to find that freshwater fish are practically non-existent.

I actually like the neighbourhood but I do not think it will be possible to have a succesful Immortal Dynasty there.  :'(

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #2112 on: March 13, 2011, 12:38:20 AM »
Well I am a lot disapointed in Barnacle Bay! After I had started my Immortal Berry's in BB I find out that no special seeds appear. So getting to the top of Gardening Career may be a little bit hard.
 Then I think ok so Founder can do gardening as supermax and fishing as second max so off I toddle only to find that freshwater fish are practically non-existent.

I actually like the neighbourhood but I do not think it will be possible to have a succesful Immortal Dynasty there.  :'(

It's true that special seeds don't spawn in Barnacle Bay, but you can pick life fruit at a couple of the residences.  You can get flame fruit, too, I think.  Money trees and Deathflowers are a problem, though.  As for fishing, when I did my testing, I found pretty much all the fish.  Check the inland section of the river going toward the waterfall.  I think I found some there.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #2113 on: March 13, 2011, 01:18:16 AM »
It's true that special seeds don't spawn in Barnacle Bay, but you can pick life fruit at a couple of the residences.  You can get flame fruit, too, I think.  Money trees and Deathflowers are a problem, though.  As for fishing, when I did my testing, I found pretty much all the fish.  Check the inland section of the river going toward the waterfall.  I think I found some there.
So, it's still possible to play a Dynasty in Barnacle Bay?
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #2114 on: March 13, 2011, 01:22:28 AM »
So, it's still possible to play a Dynasty in Barnacle Bay?

Very difficult, but not impossible.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog