Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2978424 times)

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2055 on: February 22, 2011, 12:41:17 PM »
Yes, if you're doing recon work for Katluvr I already discussed this with her via PM.

Well, shoot!  I would have made use of the Castle Kit for my dynasty then.  I was really bummed because it requires the moveObjects cheat to use properly, and I assumed that even this cheat was off limits.

Oh well.  At least I can put fireplaces in without messing up the look of my house!
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #2056 on: February 22, 2011, 07:07:14 PM »
Urgh. I'm almost ready for my Founder to eat ambrosia - but before I go any further I wanted to check something. I found a Deathflower in her inventory and I honestly have no idea how it got there because I didn't have any in my garden and she hasn't been anywhere near the cemetery - all I can think of is that it's from a Science career "chance card" event about my Sim being allowed to take leftover materials from her experiments home. I sold it as soon as I noticed it, but it had possibly been there for several days, during which nothing at all happened that would have killed her. Do I need to restart?

(also, while I'm thinking about it: in the event that I don't need to restart, is it permissible for male non-immortal offspring to father children outside the household?)
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2057 on: February 22, 2011, 07:26:29 PM »
Urgh. I'm almost ready for my Founder to eat ambrosia - but before I go any further I wanted to check something. I found a Deathflower in her inventory and I honestly have no idea how it got there because I didn't have any in my garden and she hasn't been anywhere near the cemetery - all I can think of is that it's from a Science career "chance card" event about my Sim being allowed to take leftover materials from her experiments home. I sold it as soon as I noticed it, but it had possibly been there for several days, during which nothing at all happened that would have killed her. Do I need to restart?

No. Thanks for telling me and being honest. No harm done.

(also, while I'm thinking about it: in the event that I don't need to restart, is it permissible for male non-immortal offspring to father children outside the household?)

Yes.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #2058 on: February 22, 2011, 08:03:20 PM »
Oh, good. :) I've started a story thread, catching up with the backstory a little bit.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #2059 on: February 24, 2011, 06:11:12 PM »
I have a question about the travel bug revolving unmarried sims.  I'm putting it here, because if my assumption is correct, this could be a reoccurring problem in my dynasty.

Does anyone know if formerly married sims with deceased spouses are subject to this glitch?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2060 on: February 24, 2011, 06:19:53 PM »
I have a question about the travel bug revolving unmarried sims.  I'm putting it here, because if my assumption is correct, this could be a reoccurring problem in my dynasty.

Does anyone know if formerly married sims with deceased spouses are subject to this glitch?

I don't know if there's a clear cut answer as to what exactly causes the traveling bug. From what I've heard, married spouses that travel seem to be less susceptible. Does that mean that your Sim is more susceptible now since their spouse has passed? Who knows? Avoiding contact with locals also seems to help.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #2061 on: February 24, 2011, 08:00:34 PM »
While that wasn't the answer I was looking for, it was the answer I expected.  Thanks for responding anyways.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #2062 on: February 26, 2011, 01:06:54 AM »
Once you get into the HOF, if you play again, does your score get replaced if it's higher?
Or do both attempts get listed?
Or is the second attempt just left out?

I'm not really doing this for the score, more the experience and different take on things. However, I am curious.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2063 on: February 26, 2011, 01:23:55 AM »
Once you get into the HOF, if you play again, does your score get replaced if it's higher?
Or do both attempts get listed?
Or is the second attempt just left out?

I'm not really doing this for the score, more the experience and different take on things. However, I am curious.

You can replace your original entry with the higher score, if you wish.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2064 on: February 26, 2011, 03:17:27 AM »
If I get into the hall of fame with the Khalids then I want both my scores in there. The first time round I just did portraits and I did not really focus on the value of the museum it was just about completing the challenge. This time it is all about the museum.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2065 on: February 26, 2011, 03:28:25 AM »
If I get into the hall of fame with the Khalids then I want both my scores in there. The first time round I just did portraits and I did not really focus on the value of the museum it was just about completing the challenge. This time it is all about the museum.

Rachel

You'll have to take it up with Metro.  I thought he said only one Hall of Fame entry per person, but I could be wrong.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2066 on: February 26, 2011, 04:07:51 AM »
Oh I did not know that. Hopefully when Metro sees this he can enlighten me on how many HOF entries are allowed.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2067 on: February 26, 2011, 07:33:29 AM »
You'll have to take it up with Metro.  I thought he said only one Hall of Fame entry per person, but I could be wrong.

Well, there will definitely be another Dynasty Challenge later this year, so I doubt i said one and that's it. Maybe I said one for each specific Dynasty Challenge.

At any rate, ratchie, here's a little bit of your own entry:

rachie

Immortal Dynasty Challenge
Total value of Immortal Dynasty Museum — $147,778
Finished — Week 54, Day 3

---------------

So, what I could do is something like this...

rachie

Immortal Dynasty Challenge
Total value of Immortal Dynasty Museum — $147,778 ($X was achieved in a 2nd attempt)
Finished — Week 54, Day 3

The thing is — everyone's entry is geared towards that one file/family, so simply attaining a higher museum value in another attempt is fine if you want to do that, but it can't be spotlighted — just mentioned as an aside like above. Make sense?

Offline aAa

• Townie
« Reply #2068 on: February 26, 2011, 08:57:15 AM »
@Metropolis You forgot the "t"

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2069 on: February 26, 2011, 09:16:38 AM »
@Metropolis You forgot the "t"