Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2977614 times)

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2085 on: March 03, 2011, 09:34:44 PM »
I just had a weird glitch - a toddler went from "3 days to aging up" to "6 days to aging up". No other sim has been affected. I'd accuse Grandpa of sneaking ambrosia into her bottle, but there wasn't any in the house or anything...I've got some stored in a food replicator, which I keep in a basement room with no doors and no stairs except when I'm actively being used, and my immortal sim keeps all the life fruit in her inventory except when the cooking sim is actually making ambrosia.

Regardless of the cause - I can think of a couple possible ways to proceed from here.
- Subtract 3 from her 'days to aging up' count, and age her up when her birthday should have been.
- Revert to my last save before she got glitched
- Call it a game and start over.

Judge's ruling?
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2086 on: March 03, 2011, 10:17:18 PM »
I just had a weird glitch - a toddler went from "3 days to aging up" to "6 days to aging up". No other sim has been affected. I'd accuse Grandpa of sneaking ambrosia into her bottle, but there wasn't any in the house or anything...I've got some stored in a food replicator, which I keep in a basement room with no doors and no stairs except when I'm actively being used, and my immortal sim keeps all the life fruit in her inventory except when the cooking sim is actually making ambrosia.

Regardless of the cause - I can think of a couple possible ways to proceed from here.
- Subtract 3 from her 'days to aging up' count, and age her up when her birthday should have been.
- Revert to my last save before she got glitched
- Call it a game and start over.

Judge's ruling?

Option #4 — carry on. ;) Not a big deal for me. Thanks for letting me know.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #2087 on: March 04, 2011, 12:05:22 AM »
I just had a weird glitch - a toddler went from "3 days to aging up" to "6 days to aging up".

Did you change the toddler's clothes with a dresser around that time?  I had this happen to me in one of my previous attempts (that was stricken down by the disappearing sim bug), and it seemed to happen after I changed the toddler's clothes.  While my original thought was that the dresser glitch still affects toddlers, it could have just been a random age bug and was entirely coincidental.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2088 on: March 04, 2011, 12:44:31 AM »
I've seen toddlers get their ages messed up, too.  I haven't been able to trace it back to changing clothes, though.  It's some odd aging bug.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #2089 on: March 04, 2011, 01:24:07 AM »
Ok, it's only happened to me once that I am aware of anyways (it does seems like it takes forever for them to age up sometimes lol).  I noticed it shortly after changing the toddler's clothes for a photograph, but in reality it could have happened at any point before that.  I just remembered the old glitch with dressers, and with the timing of my realization, it seemed like a logical enough assumption.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #2090 on: March 04, 2011, 06:57:48 AM »
I'd changed her clothes with a dresser, but I think that was the previous game day. I checked her age and got "3 days left", and then a little while later noticed the bar had reset to empty, over the course of what struck me as an ordinary, average day.

There must be some seriously, seriously overcomplicated programming in the way the game tracks the ages of Sims. It shouldn't be as easy as it is to screw it up.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #2091 on: March 04, 2011, 07:13:23 AM »
However it happened, cathyknits, you can go ahead and age the toddler up on what would have been her original birthday.  If it's a technical issue that's messing up, we don't make the player suffer for it just because it's a challenge.  So, yeah, go ahead and age the toddler up after three days (or however many days are left until the original birthday).  Sorry, I should have told you that earlier.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Siergiej

• name ↑ is basically Serge
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2092 on: March 07, 2011, 04:24:21 AM »
Good afternoon, everyone. Thank you all for sharing such a nice game, and special thanks to Metro & Pam for their creativity and patience in responses.
What a pity you can't add cured vampires to family. There was a 10% limit of vampires in TS2 Nightlife, but there is not seem to be any limit at all in LateNight. Imagine immortal-to-be meeting her future spouse in childhood, making friendship and romance with him while teens... And when finally she becomes young adult and call him to propose a wedding for the rest of his life - he suddenly reveals pale skin, blood thirst and fungy thingies. It's a bride's ruined life, I'll tell you.
Well, nevermind. I read whole thread of 210 pages (yes, I wouldn't choose "Bookworm" self-trait for nothing) and still have some minor questions to ask. I don't need detailed explanations, simple "yes" or "no" will work fine for me.
1. Can immortals divorce if their relationship with mortal spouses would drop? Of course, ex will live full life on dynasty lot, and next marriage can be done only after ex's natural death. I don't planning such a thing personally, but want to know nevertheless.
(Yes, I read pp.131-132 about spouses).
2. Immortal Sim can not reach 10 level of any other immortal's SuperMax skill - only 9,99. I should look after my sims on this subject. But can immortal Sim accomplish all related skill challenges without maxing out skill? Is it against rules? Should I look after it too?
I don't know whether or not it is technically possible to accomplish challenges without level 10, but I don't want accidentally find out that it is possible (and against rules) in 6th or 7th generation.
(Yes, I read first 40 pages about supermax skills).
3. Late Night provides us ability to choose lifetime wish regardless of Sim's traits in CAS or when aging in-game. It looks a little like Change Lifetime Wish LTR but doesn't worth any happiness points to spend and allows to choose any existing wish in game. Is this allowed?
(Nowhere to be found in the thread).

P.S. Excuse me my poor grammar, for I am not English-speaking person.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #2093 on: March 07, 2011, 04:46:26 AM »
Welcome to our Forum, Siergiej.  I'll answer your questions.

1.  Yes, immortals can divorce spouses (or "break up") as long as the spouse never moves out of the house and dies a natural death.

2.  Technically, yes, an immortal can do the challenges of another immortal's SuperMax skill.  However, it would be very difficult, if not impossible, to complete those challenges without reaching level 10 in that skill.

3.  Yes, you may use the option to choose any Lifetime Wish in the game.

I hope this helps.  If you have any more questions, please ask.  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Siergiej

• name ↑ is basically Serge
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2094 on: March 07, 2011, 04:51:25 AM »
2.  Technically, yes, an immortal can do the challenges of another immortal's SuperMax skill.

And this is not against rules, is it?

Thanks for quick reply!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #2095 on: March 07, 2011, 04:55:01 AM »
And this is not against rules, is it?

Thanks for quick reply!

No, it's not against the rules.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #2096 on: March 10, 2011, 12:42:23 AM »
Sorry, this was probably asked already, but when I try to take an adult picture of my founder for the immortal museum the only thing I can get it to say is A Top Chef.  Is it okay to use a picture saying this?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #2097 on: March 10, 2011, 01:58:22 AM »
Sorry, this was probably asked already, but when I try to take an adult picture of my founder for the immortal museum the only thing I can get it to say is A Top Chef.  Is it okay to use a picture saying this?

If your adult Sim is the Top Chef in question, then it's fine. 

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Skyberry

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2098 on: March 11, 2011, 06:03:18 AM »
Hi,
     I am sure this has been asked somewhere in this amazingly long thread but it is taking me forever to find an answer and I wanted to start playing this challenge sooner rather than later. So instead of buying the items in Twinbrook to get to $1800 can I use the familyfunds option to just make the funds $1800?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #2099 on: March 11, 2011, 06:19:30 AM »
Hi,
     I am sure this has been asked somewhere in this amazingly long thread but it is taking me forever to find an answer and I wanted to start playing this challenge sooner rather than later. So instead of buying the items in Twinbrook to get to $1800 can I use the familyfunds option to just make the funds $1800?

That would mean using a cheat, which is against the rules.  Best to just follow the instructions for Twinbrook.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

anything