Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2972144 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #600 on: September 10, 2010, 08:47:52 PM »
No one answered my question or acknowedged I even said anything about the family tree and I really would like to know if anyone else has any issues since they started the dynasty.  I am about to throw in the towel, because to me, the family tree is the backbone to a good generational game.  That stupid runaround bug is the least of my worries, that is workable.  I guess I am frustrated like everyone else, I really like my family tree, but it is so messed up right now. :)

Sorry Salty.  I would have responded if I had anything useful to say.  I hardly ever look at the family tree, but I just checked and mine is fine.  My founder has had several servings of ambrosia.  Sorry about your problem.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #601 on: September 10, 2010, 09:07:01 PM »
Salty, I apologize for not acknowledging your family tree issue. It's been a busy day. Well, it's not a game breaker. I'm sure you'd admit to that. It does not really affect your ability to do the Dynasty with the established rules. More of a nuisance. But, I was just telling Pam today that I'm a total perfectionist and it's one of the reasons I'm on my 3rd attempt, so do what you need to do.  :-\

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #602 on: September 10, 2010, 09:49:13 PM »
Looks like I'm going to go on to a third attempt. I'm really not comfortable with the stylist career and I'm not sure I could complete it.. maybe in just a casual practice game, but not my dynasty. I had a look at the traits Daphne had and the last one that I gave her and if I was to go back to the last save point (she was half way through her teenage stage) I could change that trait and give her the super popular LTW, but even that is one that I just know I would fail at lol. So I think, I will restart, but this time I'm going to plan LTW's too and give out traits accordingly.

@Saltypaws  I can't remember the last time I checked my family tree in a game, but then I don't usually get beyond a second generation. I did however just check my dynasty tree and everyone is still on it, going back to Nick and Vita Alto.

About the runaround bug.. I never really knew this was a bug, but I seem to have it. Daphne played tag with Jackson and now they both run everywhere and I noticed that when you point a camera at one of them (usually Jackson taking a photo of Daphne) even if she is sitting down, the camera thinks she is running!

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #603 on: September 10, 2010, 09:54:09 PM »
Well, I guess that is what I get for saying I have not had a problem with it as of yet.  One of these days, will learn to keep my thoughts to myself or my mouth shut. lol.  I guess I am like Metro, I like everything just right and it just looks funny to see that father and daughter are friends and it doesn't even show as his grandaughter being his grandaughter.  I think I will take a breather for a bit and see what I want to do, since I have put alot of work into this game already.  I guess I should not be so picky. ;D
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #604 on: September 10, 2010, 10:27:14 PM »
Salty, to me that sounds like the classic Family Tree bug, there's an entire thread about it somewhere.  It wouldn't surprise me at all if you ended up with a mystery child in a travel location, never knew about it, but it messed up your family tree nonetheless.  This has happened to me A LOT unfortunately.  And you're absolutely right, for a generational game it's nearly a game breaker for me, especially in a Legacy game that I haven't played for a while and need to check if my note keeping is up to date.  I have been known to scrap well established Legacies for just this very reason.

My question to you would be, did you at any time travel with a Sim who was unmarried?  Even if the single Sim is a Teen it can happen, although I've never heard of it happening for children or younger.

Offline Kilwala

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #605 on: September 11, 2010, 03:45:16 AM »
I have a family tree bug too.  I now can't even view the trees for Chizue and Choukou (my first and second immortals).  I am able to view Gakou's (third gen) tree, and she is listed as mother to Shashin (4th) and grandmother to Ongaku (5th...who is also listed as half-sister to the mystery Chinese child :/).  However, I think I've done too much work to be bothered by the fact that the game doesn't recognize the full tree and will just carry on anyway :D

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #606 on: September 11, 2010, 05:18:52 AM »
Hi guys.  Ok, I'm still not smiling yet but things are looking up.

Pam, yes, I tried to do all that but no go.  I think I'll have dh read the instructions and give it a shot.  I get very confused trying to read things online then go back and forth from the written word to the action I have to take.  If the alternative wasn't so final I'd really hate getting old. lol

My second try is going ok though not as well as the first one.  It took Hansome so much longer to woo and win Agnes.  She was always at work as a stylist.  I had her quit her job right away after the wedding as it was just a bit much for me to follow.  She is now following her heart's desire which is to be an illustrative author.  She's done two portraits of Hansome, neither of which I'm totally happy with, and one of the toddler which is really not good at all.  I think she was tired at the time.  This toddler is MUCH more demanding than the first one and needs constant attention and entertaining, so Agnes has a lot less time to practice ice sculpting and painting, let alone getting a full night's sleep.  As a result, funds are in short supply.  They are currently living in the basement which eventually will be huge and will be a museum for the immortals.  Silly me I thought it would be cheaper than building walls above ground.  DUH.  Walls, are walls, down below or up above they still cost money.  It's actually quite cozy down there and there is plenty of room and the illusion of windows.  I borrowed Pam's great idea and put ivy on the wall in their bedroom.  Looks great!

Strangely, when I went into SV to set this family up, there was no junkyard!  There was a stylist, fire department and consignment shop but no junkyard of any sort or size anywhere.  It was really strange because in the other SVs I have, there is a junkyard.  Or was.  Haven't checked them to see.  Anyway, I assumed it would be ok to put one in, so I put the big one in at the end of Pinochle.  Fit in well and looked good.  Only problem is it isn't spawning any salvage.  I sent Hansome in to dig through junk, thinking maybe that would trigger a spawn but no such luck.  Should I just bull doze it and put in the smaller one, or wait and see what happens?

Rereading I see I shouldn't have sent my teenager to China anyway.  Forgot she had to be a YA in order to go anywhere.  So, guess it really doesn't matter that it's gone because it would have broken the rules and I'd have to do a do over anyway.  Somehow that only sort of makes me feel better.  I really do get attached to these people.

Thanks for the hugs!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #607 on: September 11, 2010, 07:59:39 AM »
I just found out how cool the painting career is, so I am swapping Charismatic for the Selling trait thing...
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #608 on: September 11, 2010, 08:30:58 AM »
I just found out how cool the painting career is, so I am swapping Charismatic for the Selling trait thing...

Just remember that immortals cannot have their traits changed. You can change non-immortals' traits as much as you like.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #609 on: September 11, 2010, 08:51:27 AM »
Joria if it is the rules you have trouble remembering and don't like to have to go back and forth. You could do like I do. I got a notebook and I write down all the rules that I might need later and if I am ever unsure I can just look there and if not in there I pop on here and look or usually then I have to ask as it hasn't been mentioned if I haven't written it down. But it helps me alot. Maybe that would help you too. Don't know if that is for sure what you meant by
I get very confused trying to read things online then go back and forth from the written word to the action I have to take.
but I thought I would throw that out anyways just incase it will help you or someone else.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #610 on: September 11, 2010, 09:11:53 AM »
Just remember that immortals cannot have their traits changed. You can change non-immortals' traits as much as you like.

I re-started my Dynasty and I was working out which traits.

Diana has the Master of the Arts LTW (Painting and Guitar) she will Supermax Painting, and max guitar, does she need to complete all the challenges for Guitar? Generation 6 will be an Inventor to solve that problem.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #611 on: September 11, 2010, 09:41:09 AM »
I re-started my Dynasty and I was working out which traits.

Diana has the Master of the Arts LTW (Painting and Guitar) she will Supermax Painting, and max guitar, does she need to complete all thw challenges for Guitar?

No. You already have Diana slated to SuperMax painting. But, if she is going to max guitar that means another later immortal cannot SuperMax guitar (maxing + challenges completed). I remember in an earlier post somewhere you mentioning you wanted to have an immortal SuperMax guitar.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #612 on: September 11, 2010, 09:55:09 AM »
Yeah I am going to replace that Immortal with Inventing.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #613 on: September 11, 2010, 12:23:37 PM »
Joria if it is the rules you have trouble remembering and don't like to have to go back and forth. You could do like I do. I got a notebook and I write down all the rules that I might need later and if I am ever unsure I can just look there and if not in there I pop on here and look or usually then I have to ask as it hasn't been mentioned if I haven't written it down. But it helps me alot. Maybe that would help you too. Don't know if that is for sure what you meant by but I thought I would throw that out anyways just incase it will help you or someone else.

Well, I DO have trouble remembering all the rules, although for some reason I could easily explain pinstar's legacy to anyone and remember all the rules for that one.  (Maybe because of the gazillion tries at it? lol)  So I do write things down on post it notes and stick them on my pc.  I go through a LOT of post it notes!  A notebook makes more sense though, especially for this challenge.  Thanks for the idea!

What I was actually talking about was Pam directed me to the thread where Carl tells how to recover a lost game.  It's a lot of go here/do this then go there/do this, etc.  I did try but I'm so technologically challenged it just confused me.  Today I'll have dh help me with it and see if I can work my way through.  I'm extremely bad at math and that is rather like doing math to my brain.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline GoslettM

• Townie
  • Call me Marisha
« Reply #614 on: September 11, 2010, 12:35:35 PM »
Hi, all

I just want to clarify the max skill thing again.  This is how I understand it.

I choice my career as a gardener (self-employed) and my skill as the gardening skill, then I have to Max that skill to level 10 and SuperMax the skill Journal as well right.

My Life Time Wish is “The Culinary Librarian – Learn Every Recipe” so I have to Max the Cooking skill to level 10 but not SuperMax the skill Journal.

Please say this is right because this is what I have done, I though I needed only level 9 of the Cooking skill to make Ambrosia.  I’m on level 9 of the cooking skill and see I cannot read the Ambrosia recipe because my skill is to low.

Thank you in advance for reading and helping.