Author Topic: Sims 3 - Building and Construction Requests Thread  (Read 764300 times)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Re: Sims 3 - Building and Construction Requests Thread
« Reply #405 on: June 25, 2011, 03:12:59 PM »
Joria, may repeat myself, but that's super. Oh, and unfortunately we cannot wait till Town Life, it should be done before that, if it's possible, please. Yep, my Outdoor Living is working and feel free to use any items from it. I love the idea of filling BP with many new lots, just what I need for my story. -huge grin here- Anything specific you say? Hm, maybe put fuel stations there somewhere? By fuel stations, I mean the one by Ausette, in Swap Shop here. Or maybe a Joria-made one. You decide if it needs anything else. ;)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #406 on: June 26, 2011, 12:57:29 PM »
Sigh.  You are so right about needing a fuel station, especially at the vacation spots I'm putting in around the lakes.  Imagine going all that way and then running out of fuel so you can't go home!  There needs to be a fuel and mom and pop type convenience store on those lakes.  Unfortunately, the perfect one Ausette built is on a huge lot, and the biggest lot I can fit in is 20x15 and more usually, 10x15.  I am not at that level of skill.  She did a truly awesome job with those gas pumps, although I guess the ones that come with the game with work ok for those "wilderness" areas.  Kind of boon docks so ancient pumps would be ok. I think we should ask her to build a smaller version for in town though, like for a 20x15 lot. 

I played the town last night with some npc's.  I'm happy to report they are loving all the changes so far.  The diner was really a hot spot last night and my newest additions are well received and also used.  Here's what I've added:

Academy built by Laurentius

A swimming pool, (from SV)

A different salon.  I took away the tattoo parlor the game puts in as it really didn't fit "city" and used a slight remake and recolor of the one from Twinbrook.  It fits in just fine but would be better if a bit more modern/high rise.  It works though.

Doo Peas!  Yes, Doo Peas now has a home in BP!  That one was tricky because I had to be careful to not cover seed spawning spots.  This is a hazard when remodeling a town.  You really have to watch out for those things that pop up.  Ah well, at least I'm learning where to find some good stuff there!

A nectary!  Mmmm, who was it built that lovely executive lounge?  Ausette?  Anyway I plopped it down, renamed the lot to Nectary and took away the bouncer spot, added a couple of nectar registers and voila!  Definitely needs a Sim to get in there and brew some nectar though.  Those nectar contains are pretty empty.

There is no walk way directly to the swimming pool.  I think it was called Blue Shark or something.  However, that didn't seem to faze the Sims at all.  The first visitor sat there playing piano but the family they showed up went swimming!  Yay!

The school yard now has more play ground equipment and bike racks.

There are two of Danefaith's luxury, modern houses on one of the lakes.

There are at least 3 20x30 lots in town and several smaller ones everywhere.  There is one house with only walls up and unfinished.  A shell, next to the hospital.

I need small log cabins and vacation homes for lot sized 10x15 and 10x10.  Some of the terrain is uneven so they should be built up on posts to accommodate that.  I think it would be cool to have more things from the gang here, there.

I moved, but did not REMOVE any of the city buildings. I've tidied up some of the green space but other areas are just the way they were.  I mean, really what can you do with a construction site?  It's perfect as is.

This has actually given me a greater appreciation of BP.  They did a pretty fair job of building a city even if they made it drearier than necessary.  I really don't think mud for landscaping in the outer areas was necessary.  They must have been looking at pictures of the aftermath of a volcanic explosion when they did the designing.

Ummm, you're going to have to go in and replace all those vampire resting places.  I hammered them.  Shouldn't be that hard.  I mean, with an apartment named Sanguine something or other it's pretty obvious who would live there!

Do you want more houses on that small, ocean side strip or just leave those little lots empty?

What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #407 on: June 26, 2011, 01:46:49 PM »
 Joria, it is absolutely flawless and doesn't require anything else from what I've heard. Don't worry about the fuel stations. Just please be sure to have at least one 64x64 lot. Free or occupied - doesn't matter. I'm sure that townes won't hesitate lending their houses if there will be the need to. :D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #408 on: June 27, 2011, 01:33:45 PM »
The biggest problem in BP is lack of space for 64x64 lots.  Only thing to do is move out and possibly bulldoze one of the large, existing lots or put a big lot where no road will ever go.  I'll see what I can do.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #409 on: June 27, 2011, 01:40:52 PM »
The biggest problem in BP is lack of space for 64x64 lots.  Only thing to do is move out and possibly bulldoze one of the large, existing lots or put a big lot where no road will ever go.  I'll see what I can do.

I believe I have a solution if you don't mind. :) An (occupied, but still) 64x64 lot I found was the Crib, inhabited by Big Bling household. The house next door is free, but you can always move them into Danefaith's wonderful mansions. And bulldoze their lot, lol. But please don't delete it altogether, because EA somehow managed to place it on a slop. I hate that, ugh.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #410 on: June 27, 2011, 06:48:52 PM »
I took a different approach, having not read your note first.  lol  I did a bit of moving and shifting and you know have a 64 x64 lot where Plum Bob used to be.  This build is done now.  I just have to figure out how you can access it!  How do I upload an entire town?  Ohhhh,  Naga.......

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #411 on: June 28, 2011, 01:57:54 AM »
@Joria
Upload the save file. I believe you may need Winzip, but yes, the best thing to do is contact the master - Naga.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #412 on: June 28, 2011, 03:52:16 AM »
@ Chronic, I wasn't really planning on putting your Request Up because Joria is already well under way with it, World/World Rebuilds Requests are tricky because they are huge Projects and we don't want several people taking the same one on only to maybe not have it used or anything.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #413 on: June 28, 2011, 04:20:50 AM »
That is utterly fantastic news Joria! Thank you so so much for doing this. Perfect!

Thomas, I already understood, thanks. :)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #414 on: June 28, 2011, 05:36:30 AM »
Oh, drat!  I totally forgot Samoht was going to do that park.  Hmmm, should we maybe leave it so it can be bought and then upgraded by the Sim who buys it?

Chronic, Naga needs to know do you have winzip, 7-zip, winrar or anything that opens zip or rar files?  He's helping me to figure out how to get it to you but I think you need an unzipper.  Mine is 7-zip.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #415 on: June 28, 2011, 05:43:50 AM »
Oh, drat!  I totally forgot Samoht was going to do that park.  Hmmm, should we maybe leave it so it can be bought and then upgraded by the Sim who buys it?

Chronic, Naga needs to know do you have winzip, 7-zip, winrar or anything that opens zip or rar files?  He's helping me to figure out how to get it to you but I think you need an unzipper.  Mine is 7-zip.

Hm - maybe? :-\

Joria, I have each and every unzipper ever created in the world. No, really. I have all that you have mentioned - winzip, 7-zip and winrar. ;D

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #416 on: June 28, 2011, 08:41:28 AM »
I don't mind about the Park, it's up to you Joria and Chronic. I might be able to get it done today but I understand if you want to upload it now and everything.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #417 on: June 28, 2011, 08:43:21 AM »
I don't mind about the Park, it's up to you Joria and Chronic. I might be able to get it done today but I understand if you want to upload it now and everything.

I'd be grateful if you could do it, Thomas. I don't know about Joria, but I loved the SV Central Park remodel.

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #418 on: June 28, 2011, 01:18:05 PM »
If you are trying to get the world to Chronic, I think that's what you are trying to do, use the official exchange to do it because they have tools for uploading worlds and what not.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #419 on: June 28, 2011, 01:19:09 PM »
http://www.mediafire.com/?miu0km079bu9649

Try that link and see if you get the file.  It's named Bridgeport1.sims3  This is just a test. 

Gracias, Senor Taco.  (Your user name makes me smile every time I read it.)

----------
My No Buy Story

anything