Author Topic: You know you've played too much Sims when..  (Read 428639 times)

Chuckles_82

Re: You know you've played too much Sims when..
« Reply #1140 on: May 11, 2013, 09:43:11 AM »
When going places or watching TV I find myself looking at the designs on walls, floors, furniture or outfits and wondering how hard that would be to remake it into a pattern for The Sims.
But on the upside I've found that I notice things that I normally wouldn't have before The Sims. So in a way The Sims have made me more aware of my surroundings. :) So playing The Sims is a good thing, right.

Lol yup - just what I was coming to say. I've been 'patternising' everything. Hmm, my PJs: Tulips, darker edges, middle the same colour the background - I could get away with that on one channel, and the turquoise leaves and the white highlights in two other channels. My bedspread: Yup, that's a sticker - too many colours.

When you spend so much time making patterns for sims, that when you actually play, you press CTRL+ALT+Z and wonder why it won't undo.

When you go to bed, and you see pixels dancing in front of your eyes. You're still selecting, and inverting, and deselecting, and selecting inverse...

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #1141 on: May 11, 2013, 11:09:28 PM »
When you're out in public and you see a policeman standing near a police car and think "great! two photographs," then you see a group of four people eating and reach for your phone to photograph that without thinking.

Russell

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #1142 on: May 11, 2013, 11:42:17 PM »
When you're out in public and you see a policeman standing near a police car and think "great! two photographs," then you see a group of four people eating and reach for your phone to photograph that without thinking.

Russell

Hahaha someone's been SuperMaxing Photography.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #1143 on: May 11, 2013, 11:45:43 PM »
When you assign moodlets to yourself.

I was harassing a former friend (Long story short, she never really liked me), and then I just randomly decided I was fiendishly delighted.  That day I was also "Fulfilled". Wish obviously being "Be mean to _______)

And today, I assigned myself "Having a Blast" Because I TOTALLY TOTALLY Fanboyed (Basically, fangirled) over new Music Videos from my favorite girl groups. Too Much sims, Am I right?
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Chuckles_82

« Reply #1144 on: May 12, 2013, 01:46:36 AM »

Russell

Ooh, now I want to actually go out and take some real photos and see if I can supermax photography in real life! Granted, I'm not going to get too many of the supernatural type ones (that's supernatural, not Supernatural).

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1145 on: May 14, 2013, 04:04:04 PM »
When you do a factory reset and then have to re-download and re-install all your Store content, and seeing it all together like that makes you realize you've probably spent more money on clothes for your Sims than on stuff for yourself.  ::)

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Khonshu

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1146 on: May 14, 2013, 06:12:49 PM »
I thought I played a lot of sims just because the sun comes up and I'm still playing from the night before. After reading the last few pages; some of you are totally nuts. LOL ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #1147 on: May 15, 2013, 07:18:55 AM »
When you do a factory reset and then have to re-download and re-install all your Store content, and seeing it all together like that makes you realize you've probably spent more money on clothes for your Sims than on stuff for yourself.  ::)

You know you've done that when your Sim's outfits take longer to load than the game...  I hate sending mine to the dresser for that reason.  Once they're dressed, they stay in the same outfits until they reach elder.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #1148 on: May 18, 2013, 07:00:30 PM »
It bothers you that your sims lips are not in sync with what they are singing.

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #1149 on: May 19, 2013, 02:52:50 AM »
...when you hear about a train accident near Bridgeport, Connecticut, and immediately hope your sims are not affected!

My heart goes out to those affected by the accident. :'(
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #1150 on: May 19, 2013, 11:32:24 PM »
We passed a billboard in Wichita, Kansas today that said, in giant bold letters, WOO-HOO!

I immediately started cracking up and my husband was clueless as to why. The billboard was advertising some amusement park or something (I think), but being a Simmer...well...that's not where my mind went. :P

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #1151 on: May 20, 2013, 02:36:27 AM »
We passed a billboard in Wichita, Kansas today that said, in giant bold letters, WOO-HOO!

I immediately started cracking up and my husband was clueless as to why. The billboard was advertising some amusement park or something (I think), but being a Simmer...well...that's not where my mind went. :P

I know that feeling.  Ever since I became a simmer I have become way more circumspect about using that term  ;)
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1152 on: May 20, 2013, 04:03:35 AM »
I may have already mentioned this, but it's been happening a lot lately. When looking at photos on line, especially photos with houses, I left click and try to rotate the image to see it from a different angle. Would love a dollar for every time I've done that!
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #1153 on: May 20, 2013, 02:07:16 PM »
When I ask for money when I watch my siblings, my sister thinks it's to buy more Sims thing. Sad thing, it's true. :P
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline Teacup Chihuahua

• Occult
« Reply #1154 on: May 24, 2013, 02:21:54 PM »
When you are at work for looking up dragon names in anticipation( for when Dragon Valley is released),then print them out...And get caught !! :'( oops