Author Topic: The Sakura 4x4- Epilogue-Part XII: Karma (Sept 3) COMPLETE  (Read 109779 times)

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
Re: The Sakura 4x4- Chapter 7: A Glimpse of Grey (Dec 15)
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2014, 10:11:29 PM »
Deidre is beautiful in a not typical way. They'll have some very nice nooboos  :D

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: The Sakura 4x4- Chapter 7: A Glimpse of Grey (Dec 15)
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2014, 05:17:58 PM »
The new hairstyle suits Deidre well, but I'm of the opinion that Makoto needs to switch to "literally anything else" after his birthday. :P

Pretty much!  I didn't change their elder outfits/hairstyles for a reason, which will be revealed soon  ;)

Deidre is beautiful in a not typical way. They'll have some very nice nooboos  :D

She also has some very strong genetics.  They lasted until at least Gen. 4.

Chapter 8- The Magic Potion

Elderhood hit Makoto and me a little too quickly for our liking.  We knew that we would have to sacrifice ourselves for the dynasty but knew that we were nowhere near the amount of lifetime reward points to provide the necessary large tombstones that London and our descendants needed.  We didn't even complete our lifetime wishes yet!  Makoto and I were both very close, however.  I finally maxed my Painting skill and was able to begin working on my writing skill.

In typical Dayton fashion, he aged up into a Young Adult in front of his chemistry set.

Dayton's final trait was Eco-Friendly.

He decided that he wanted to pursue a Perfect Mind, Perfect Body for his Lifetime Wish.  Since he already completed his Logic Skill, he was already halfway there!

Right after his birthday, it was right back into his chemistry set.  Literally.

Dayton came running out of his room- quite an unexpected occurrence- to find Makoto and me.  Breathlessly, he smiled brightly at me as he handed me what he called a belated birthday gift.

It was a special potion, Dayton told me.  I drank it and suddenly, I felt the life rushing through me again.

I was young again!

Then, Dayton did the same for his father.

Now that he had finally learned how to create Young Again potions, Dayton had completed his mission.  He moved on to his Athletic skill next.

Dayton also decided to polish his social skills while he was at it.

London, meanwhile, maxed his painting skill.

Dayton continued helping Makoto with the garden.  He planned to take over the gardening duty once Makoto was no longer with us.  But, thanks to the young again potions, that wouldn't be for a long time!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
Re: The Sakura 4x4- Chapter 8: The Magic Potion (Dec 28)
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2014, 05:33:58 PM »
Weall love young again potions!! Just in time, Dayton :D

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: The Sakura 4x4- Chapter 8: The Magic Potion (Dec 28)
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2014, 03:50:36 PM »
Weall love young again potions!! Just in time, Dayton :D

I never realized how much I relied on Dayton.  Generation 4 is a YA in game and as my time in Bridgeport is winding down, it hit me how much Dayton has done for the dynasty.  I love that guy  ;D

Chapter 9- Tying the First Knot

London and Deidre made plans to get married that weekend when everyone could take a break from work and requirements.  They decided that they didn't want anything flashy or noisy, so we set up a little wedding area in the back for them to use.  They seemed pretty content with it.

Though I suppose it really didn't matter what it looked like.  I know from my own experience that when you are marrying your love, you could be in front of a dumpster and it wouldn't detract from the moment.  Deidre and London were just happy to be together and that was all I could ever ask for.

It was a wonderful moment for the entire family when London and Deidre exchanged their vows and officially tied the knot.

Of course, in all of the commotion, we forgot that it was also London's birthday!  My little boy would be aging up into a full fledged Adult.

Once that weekend passed, things settled down for a bit.  Makoto continued working on his mechanical skill for work.  He really got into his repairs.

But, all of that hard work paid off because Makoto was promoted at work to be a Creature Robot Cross-Breeder and thus completed his Lifetime Wish.

Though he first appeared stoic about finally achieving his lifelong dream, the realization finally hit him and Makoto celebrated with a little victory dance.

Shortly after his brother's birthday, Dayton had his own birthday.  He was now an adult as well.  Dayton was out for a jog when the sparkles hit.

Birthday over, Dayton continued on his way.  He was on his way to city hall.  Dayton was going to be recognized for his accomplishments as a gardener. 

All of the late nights of typing, the sore back and behind from sitting in a chair for hours on end and surviving on coffee had finally paid off.  With a few more keystrokes, I finally maxed the writing skill and completed my lifetime wish too.

Makoto and I celebrated our mutual successes.

Dayton congratulated me the next morning at breakfast on completing my lifelong dream.  It was with a hint of sadness in his voice, which I questioned him about.  Dayton understood that as Makoto's and my lifetime happiness points increased, our remaining living time decreased.

I assured him that I was aware of this and that Makoto and I had accepted this fact.  While we may not like it, we knew that it had to be done.  We made, well I made, a promise with Grim to save my family and I was not going to break that promise.

I reminded Dayton that once Makoto and I were gone, London and Deidre would need him more than ever.  He would need to be the one constant in the dynasty that would be there to help all of the future generations in Bridgeport.  Dayton then promised me that he would take care of the family for us and do what he could to help save his ancestors.  I thanked my baby for his selflessness.

London also began thinking ahead to the future.  While Dayton was preoccupied with the future of the whole family, London was pondering more of the family he wanted to have with his wife.

Of course, he and Deidre had some work to do before they could start their family.  Deidre wanted to get a little further in her career before she went on maternity leave while London had some more requirements to complete.

While he still had a while to go, London was making progress on his requirements.  He was honored by the mayor for his achievements in painting.  It was a good thing because he was able to use that medal for his career reward requirement.

Now, all he had to worry about was getting some more masterpieces.  Once that was done, London and Deidre could bring in the next generation.

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
Re: The Sakura 4x4- Chapter 9: Tying the First Knot (Dec 30)
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2015, 01:55:20 AM »
Fingers crossed for a couple of more masterpieces. You're almost there, London.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: The Sakura 4x4- Chapter 9: Tying the First Knot (Dec 30)
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2015, 10:14:54 PM »
Fingers crossed for a couple of more masterpieces. You're almost there, London.

I've had a couple of close calls in the dynasty now but thankfully, the Sakura's are still going strong!

We've hit over 1000 views already and we're still just on the first heir!  That is awesome  ;D  Thank you to everyone who is reading!!

Chapter 10- Sprint to the Finish

London knew that with his birthday quickly approaching, he needed to work fast on finishing up his last skill challenge.  He was working at his easel yet again when he knew that it was time to age up once again.

We were all dreading this birthday because we were all aware that London was so close yet so far from completing his requirements.  Now, the pressure was on more than ever.

With some sparkles and a bright flash of light, my little boy was suddenly an elder.

Despite the aches and pains that came with old age, London pushed on in his sprint to the finish line that was his requirements.  A few days into his elderhood, London sold his final painting and thus completed his career and his last skill challenge.

Makoto also maxed his mechanical skill while waiting for London to complete his requirements.  It helped to keep his mind off things.

And, while he was at it, Makoto decided to max out his gardening skill too.

The last skill that he needed to work on now was his fishing skill.

That didn't seem to be working too well, however.

But Makoto got the hang out it pretty quickly.

We heard London cheering loudly late one night.  While that may be surprising to some, it was a great relief for us to hear his loud and joyful call because that meant that he had completed his requirements.  I think we all breathed an audible sigh of relief when London told us that great news.

Dayton was ready for the moment that London shared with us the news that he was done.  He gave his brother a young again potion, which London quickly drank down.

He hadn't even left his easel to update his wardrobe after aging up into an elder because he promised all of us that he would not be grey for very long.  I am so relieved that he kept his promise.

London raced by us to quickly put himself back together before setting off to find his wife.

He told Deidre the good news and she gave him a congratulatory kiss.

But their celebration did not stop there.  Completing his requirements allowed London and Deidre to finally have the child that they had wished to have for quite some time now.

I decided to join Makoto out at the pond to give the kids some time alone  ;)

We talked about how excited we were for our impending grandparent status.  I also told Makoto how proud I was of our children for giving themselves so selflessly to the dynasty.  I couldn't ask for anything more.

The First Heir

Name: London Sakura
Born: Week 1, Day 4
Traits: Artistic, Friendly, Family Oriented, Perfectionist, Virtuoso
Unique Maxed Job: Painter
Two Best Friends: Belisama Hemlock, Vladimir Schlick
Three Skill Challenges: Proficient Painter, Brushmaster, Master Painter
Four Opportunities: The Business of Decor, Local Artists Gallery, The Study of Art, Fresco Fest
Item Added to Collection: Paintings
Career Reward: Painting Certificate, Painting Award

Lifetime Wish: Master of the Arts
Favorite Color: Irish Green
Spouse: Deidre Littler

Offline Geniequeen122

• Occult
  • I am the queen of genies FEAR ME
Re: The Sakura 4x4- Chapter 10: Sprint to the Finish (Jan 5)
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2015, 09:40:32 AM »
Oops, been away from this forum for a while! But yay! more stuff to read! Congratulations on that heir ya got there!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: The Sakura 4x4- Chapter 10: Sprint to the Finish (Jan 5)
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2015, 05:08:49 PM »
Oops, been away from this forum for a while! But yay! more stuff to read! Congratulations on that heir ya got there!

You came back at a good time! The Bridgeport heirs are pretty darn awesome  :D

Chapter 11- Liar Fruit

Hey all! London Sakura here! Since I am finished with my requirements, my mom thought that it would be a good idea for me to dictate what was going on from now on, especially since my wife and I were going to be bringing in the next generation very soon.

It was a great feeling, for sure, to be done with my requirements. I took a brief break from painting- shocking, right?- to work on my guitar skill. Like my mom, I was a virtuoso and had a passion for music as well as the arts. Plus, when I finished, I will have completed my lifetime wish of Master of the Arts.

Deidre came and told me the good news the next morning. We were having a baby!

I was so very excited! I had wanted to be a dad for a while now and it seemed like it was going to be forever until it happened. Now, suddenly, fatherhood was just around the corner.

I was over the moon with the news. In fact, I was so overjoyed that the only reaction I could muster was a thumbs up. Deidre just laughed, knowing how thrilled I was.

While I didn't really have a preference, Deidre thought it might be fun to have another girl in the house since she and my mom were outnumbered by the menfolk. So, Deidre began a strict watermelon only diet.

The days went by pretty fast. Deidre took it easy by working on her logic skill and I serenaded her while working on my guitar skill. We were headed to bed one night when Deidre told me that she felt a little off.

When I realized that my wife was in labor, I did what any responsible husband would do in this situation and panicked.

Deidre snapped me out of it and I quickly rushed her to the hospital. Our baby was coming!

Mom always used to joke to Dayton that fruit lied. I never understood what that meant until this day. Despite stuffing herself silly with watermelon for the past few days, our baby "girl" was actually a baby boy! Regardless, I was so happy to meet my son, Kenai Sakura. He was a Brave Genius. (FYI- Kenai is in Alaska!)

With Kenai's arrival, we needed to do some serious remodeling of the house. We started by adding a second floor.

We updated just about everything except for mom and dad's room and Deidre and my room. Here is the new kitchen and dining room.

Our former kitchen and dining room has now become a living room.

Dayton moved his bedroom upstairs.

We also added a brand new room for baby Kenai. It was painted brown, like his favorite color.

I was so excited to see who my little boy would take after  ;D

Offline Geniequeen122

• Occult
Re: The Sakura 4x4- Chapter 11: Liar Fruit (Jan 11)
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2015, 07:30:02 AM »
Welcome Kenai!

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: The Sakura 4x4- Chapter 11: Liar Fruit (Jan 11)
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2015, 12:55:14 PM »
Welcome Kenai!

Kenai turns out to be such a cutie, which you'll see in this chapter  ;).

Chapter 12- Grey for Good

Mom and Dad were overjoyed at Kenai's arrival. He was such a good baby and was spoiled rotten by everyone in the family.

Dayton also continued to work on his own skills. Inspired by my completion of my requirements, Dayton began to work toward completing his lifetime wish. A few hours of working out in front of the tv and he did it.

Dayton decided to try his hand at painting next.

Mom was pretty happy that Dayton decided to try his hand at the arts next. Dayton had already learned majority of the skills that Dad needed for his job so it was a nice change of pace. In fact, Mom said that, along with Kenai, that was another great birthday gift.

Dad aged up after Mom.

Dayton and I had a conversation with Mom and Dad after their birthdays. Dayton asked if they wanted him to create some more Young Again potions but Mom and Dad declined. While we knew why they decided to not take the potions this time around, it was still a bitter pill to swallow knowing that they would eventually need to sacrifice themselves for the dynasty.

Here is Dad's new elder outfit, since he and Mom would be staying grey this time around.

Here is Mom's new elder outfit.

We weren't done with birthdays after Mom and Dad's elder birthdays. Kenai's toddler birthday was the next morning.

With all that he had done for the dynasty currently and will do for the dynasty in the future, Deidre and I agreed to let Dayton bring his nephew to the cake to age up.

Kenai was a beautiful blend of both Deidre and me. He had my hair and eyes but Deidre's gorgeous face.

I don't think he could get any cuter  ;)

Offline Geniequeen122

• Occult
Re: The Sakura 4x4- Chapter 12: Grey for Good (Jan 14)
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2015, 02:07:20 PM »
He is pretty cute!

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2015, 02:46:57 PM »
I doubt that he can get cuter either!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2015, 12:14:58 PM »
He is pretty cute!

I doubt that he can get cuter either!

Just wait until you see the next two generations  ;D

Chapter 13- The Golden Years

Mom and Dad enjoyed spending their free time with baby Kenai. Mom was able to work from home when Kenai was down for a nap but Dad hated to leave to go to work everyday. So, after turning into an Elder, Dad promptly retired.

Deidre and I appreciated having an extra set of hands around the house to help out with teaching Kenai his skills. We all took turns working with the little guy.

Of course, there was some fun time for Kenai.

Dad worked with Kenai and taught him how to talk. He made sure to tell him about how significant his role was in the dynasty.

Deidre and I did manage to sneak in some time with our little boy every once in a while.

While Kenai was working with his skills, Dayton was working on his own. He maxed the gardening skill.

In a day or two, Kenai had learned all of his necessary toddler skills. We were all so proud of him. Now, Mom and Dad enjoyed playing with the little guy.

I think Kenai had a lot of fun too.

It was a sad yet happy time when it was Kenai's birthday once again. We were sad to see the toddler days be over but looking forward to seeing him grow into a great and handsome young man.

Here is Kenai as a child. He gained the Family Oriented trait.

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
Re: The Sakura 4x4- Chapter 13: The Golden Years (Jan 17)
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2015, 09:05:31 PM »
Kenai is very handsome, the perfect blend of his parents. Gorgeous eyes.

I congratulate you on London fulfilling his requirements (a little late, I know).  I was a little busy and I couldn't read the stories, the good thing is that I have more to read now. :)

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
Re: The Sakura 4x4- Chapter 13: The Golden Years (Jan 17)
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2015, 11:02:06 PM »
He really is gorgeous!