Author Topic: The Sakura 4x4- Epilogue-Part XII: Karma (Sept 3) COMPLETE  (Read 22766 times)

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
The Sakura 4x4- Epilogue-Part XII: Karma (Sept 3) COMPLETE
« on: October 29, 2014, 06:02:52 PM »
The Sakura's are back!  *Confetti*  Yay!  So, this is my second attempt at a 4x4 dynasty.  I sort of gave up on my first attempt around generation 3 but wanted another go at it.  I'm shooting for HoF again unless I completely mess up somewhere down the line (which is probable).  Anyway, I wanted to post the introduction to this story before November because I will be doing National Novel Writing Month so my posts will be a little infrequent.  For those who have not read the Sakura Immortals, this story can be read alone.  For those who have, I think you'll be pretty happy to see who the main character is  :)

Prologue (Part I)- Accidental Hero

My childhood was nothing extraordinary.  I grew up a happy child with parents who loved me.

Growing up, my father always told me that I was the greatest gift he was ever given.  That always made me smile because I knew that he was immortal and had been around for a long, long time and had been through a lot and had seen a lot of things.  I was the apple of his eye and I loved my Mom and my Dad very much.

We had a lot of fun together.  We played games every night after I would come home from school. 

These are some of the many memories that I would cherish forever.  Coming from a family of immortals, that was not a phrase that was to be taken lightly.

I developed a love of the arts, which most likely came from my Dad.  I enjoyed painting and also discovered later on that I enjoyed writing too.  With a best selling author as a father how could I not?

Once I was ready to age up into a Young Adult, I was really looking forward to pursuing a career in the arts.

However, shortly after my birthday, things took a sudden turn for the worse.

It was very unexpected, especially since I didn't know what to do or how to react to the situation that I was suddenly thrust into against my will.  But I couldn't let that situation get the best of me.  I was going to do whatever it took to come out on top.

My name is Niji Sakura and this is the story on how I saved my family.

Niji's traits are: Disciplined, Family Oriented, Virtuoso, Bookworm and Artistic.
Her Lifetime Wish is to become an Illustrious Author.

And yes, Niji is the daughter of Shikon (the final heir of the second Sakura dynasty) and his wife, Jeanna.  Niji, for the record, means "rainbow" in Japanese.  I thought that was fitting since she really is the culmination of all the Japanese color names I've used for my 16 immortals. 

And, since I absolutely love name themes, I will be using themes in this dynasty too.  Each world will have a different theme based on some of the themes I've used in the past.  The first theme will be one I've used for a random town jump side project of mine: places.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
Re: The Sakura 4x4- Prologue (Part I): Accidental Hero
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 06:13:33 PM »
Yes! Yes! Another Sakura story! I shall be reading.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
  • No sweeties for you, my little cupcakes.
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 11:07:06 AM »
Yay, Shikon had a beautiful girl and I will be reading all about the new Sakuras  ;D
Life State Dynasty: The Blackburns In Monte Vista (Complete)
Domination Dynasty: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover (Complete)

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 09:36:30 PM »
Yes! Yes! Another Sakura story! I shall be reading.

I suspected you might be doing a 4x4. I will be reading.

Yay, Shikon had a beautiful girl and I will be reading all about the new Sakuras  ;D

Thanks guys!  It's nice to be working with the Sakura's again.

*NOTE- If anyone has seen The Legend of Korra, the interactions between the two characters in this chapter is similar to that of Varrick and his assistant, Zhu Li.  At least, that's how I see it and it's pretty funny that way*

Prologue (Part II)- Grim Numbers

"These Immortal Dynasties are killing me." Grim said flatly as he stared out the window of his personal office.

"Killing you, sir?" Grim's personal assistant, Julie, asked. "Is that even possible?"

"It was just a joke, Julie." Grim said. "Don't you have a sense of humor?"
"No."
Grim paused.
"Oh." he said.
He knew he shouldn't have been surprised by her answer.  Julie had always been all work and no play.

"Right." Grim continued, clearing his throat. "So we need to find a way around these immortal dynasties.  These people are becoming immortal and not dying.  Not dying means I don't meet my quota."
"You have a quota?" Julie questioned.
"Sort of." Grim replied.
He came over to his desk and took a seat in the chair.  "There's got to be some way around these immortal dynasties.  There's got to be a way to figure out how to stop these people from becoming immortal..."
Grim's sentence trailed off as an idea floated into his head.  He quickly fired up his computer and began to research this possibility to combat the growing numbers of immortals in the Sim Nation.

"Did you have an idea, sir?" Julie asked after a moment of silence between the two.
"I just might." Grim replied.

"I want to run this by you, Julie." Grim began to say.
"Sir?" Julie replied.

"What if there was a way to go back and prevent some of these immortals from becoming, well, immortal?" Grim asked.
"Is that even possible?"
"I'm not sure." Grim said honestly.

"I'm speaking hypothetically here," Grim continued. "But what if I were to go back in time and prevent-in some way or another-the immortals from achieving immortality?"

"Think about it," Grim said.
He got up from his desk and took a seat next to Julie.  "I think this might be doable.  If I go back in time, I could somehow prevent the immortals from becoming immortal.  If they don't reach immortality, then they're all mine."
"I guess." Julie said. "How would you pick your immortals?  There are so many to choose from."

"Good point." Grim conceded.
He went back over to his computer.  Grim wanted to check through the very extensive list of immortals that existed all throughout Sim Nation.  He closed his eyes and clicked randomly on a family name.  "Let's see..." he mumbled, leaning closer to his computer screen to see who the (un)lucky family was. "The Sakura Immortals.  There are sixteen of them.  Perfect!"
Grim stood up once again and walked over to the corner of his office.  He conjured up a time machine and it appeared out of thin air in front of him.  "I just input some numbers here..."

"...And...we're good!" Grim announced. "Julie, I may be gone for a while.  Hold my calls!"
And with that, Grim hopped into the time machine to do his sabotage on the immortals of the Sakura family.  Julie looked on as her boss disappeared into the grey contraption.

With silence filling the room, Julie turned and headed back to her desk.  This was going to be a long day.

The absolutely awesome Grim Reaper you saw in this chapter was used here with permission by his creator, chetanhaobijam.  Thanks, Chet!  Grim is available for download on the forum if you'd like to play around with him as well  :)

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
Re: The Sakura 4x4- Prologue (Part II): Grim Numbers (Oct 30)
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 06:30:59 AM »
The Grim is certainly going to mess up a lot of immortal Sims' hard work  >:(

I really need to start watching Legend Of Korra again.

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2014, 05:09:38 PM »
The Sakuras are back!!  ;D ;D ;D

I liked your prologue. It will be interesting to see the consequences of the intervention of the Grim with the family.

I love the name of your founder, by the way.

I like that you've started a 4x4. I'm seriously thinking of doing one after the immortal dynasty. It will be good to see the ideas as you face the challenge.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2014, 07:52:18 PM »
The Grim is certainly going to mess up a lot of immortal Sims' hard work  >:(

I really need to start watching Legend Of Korra again.

Same here.  I have a few episodes that I haven't gotten around to watching yet...

The Sakuras are back!!  ;D ;D ;D

I liked your prologue. It will be interesting to see the consequences of the intervention of the Grim with the family.

I love the name of your founder, by the way.

I like that you've started a 4x4. I'm seriously thinking of doing one after the immortal dynasty. It will be good to see the ideas as you face the challenge.

Thanks, CeresIn!  I thought Niji was a good idea for a name since I have done all the colors that I know in Japanese.  If you're thinking of doing a 4x4, let me know.  I'd be interested in reading  :)

Prologue (Part III)- When Worlds Collide

I had been working on a new painting at my easel when things started to feel funny.  I felt dizzy and needed to sit down.  I tried to go over to the couch to lie down but never managed to get there.  I went to pull my hair back out of my face and I couldn't believe my eyes.  My hands were translucent; I could see right through them.  Frightened and confused, I ran toward the bathroom to look in the mirror.  When I did, I saw myself fading right before my eyes.  I was utterly stunned.  What was going on?  Why was I fading?  What was happening to me?

I was then transported to some strange room in some strange place.

I looked around, trying to figure out where I was.  The floor was cold and black.  The walls were a dark blood red and were illuminated by the flaming torches attached to them.

Peering down the hallway, I spotted a door.  I began walking toward it and noticed that it was sort of eerie.  It was cold and black like the floor and seemed to be designed to look like a spider web.  Despite this, I continued down the hallway.

I tried the handle of the door and found it unlocked.  I headed inside and found myself in another room that was similar to the hallway that I had just come from.

The room was quite expansive but was primarily empty.  The only things that were in the room were a few chairs that gave this room the feel of almost being a waiting room.  So, I took a seat in one of the chairs to take a moment and observe my surroundings.

I didn't have much time to look around though because the other set of doors opened and a blonde woman walked through. 

"Miss Sakura?" she asked.
I nearly jumped out of my seat.
"Yes, that's me." I confirmed. "What's going on?  Where am I?"
"Please come with me." the woman said.
She turned and began walking through the doors she had just come through, apparently expecting me to follow her.

"Have a seat." the woman instructed once we were in the conjoining room. 
Uncertain, I did as she instructed.  I glanced at the woman over my shoulder.  She had retreated to a desk in the corner of the room, which I presumed was her personal desk.
"Can I ask you something?" I asked the woman.
"The boss will explain everything in a minute." she said flatly.

There was a grey box in the corner that suddenly began to shake and light up.  Suddenly, the door on the grey box opened and someone-or something-stepped out of it.  The Grim Reaper.  I had to admit that I was taken aback by his appearance. 
"What's going on?" I demanded, trying to keep my voice from shaking as much as possible. "Why am I here?"
Grim did not reply right away.  Instead, he came over and took a seat at the desk in front of me.

"Niji Sakura," Grim began to say.
I looked at him expectantly.  "Let me be frank: if you're here, you're dead."
"How am I dead?" I exclaimed.
"Okay, maybe not dead," Grim said. "But you technically don't exist anymore."
"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Well, you see, I wanted to find a way to bring the immortals in the many, many immortal dynasties across Sim Nation to me, where they rightfully should be at this point in time.  They have long since lived past their expiration date and I needed to find a way around it." Grim said. "I needed a test family and yours happened to be it."
"So what does that mean?" I questioned.
"It means that I have-unintentionally-erased you from existence."

"YOU DID WHAT?" I shouted.
Grim let out a breath.
"How can I explain this..." he paused. "Okay, I went back in time and took away the immortality that your ancestors achieved because they are defying the laws of death and I needed a way to combat that.  It doesn't do much for my quota, you see.  So, since they are not immortal, the line dies out and you simply cease to exist."

"You can't be serious!" I replied. "You can't do that!"
"Actually, I already did." Grim stated.
"Please," I pleaded. "I will do anything.  Bring my family back.  I don't care if you don't bring me back.  Just bring my family back.  Please."
Grim stood up and walked away slowly from his desk.  He seemed to be lost in thought but I wasn't sure what he was doing.  I jumped slightly in my chair when Grim through his hands up in the air and let out an exasperated sigh.
"I'm growing soft in my old age," he mumbled to himself.

Grim turned around to face me.  "Your dedication to your family is admirable, Miss Sakura." he told me. "I can see why they managed to make it through two immortal dynasties.  Based on that, I'm willing to make a deal with you."
"A deal?" I repeated. "What kind of deal?"

"You want to save your family right?" Grim asked.
I nodded.
"More than anything." I assured him.
"Alright.  I'll give you one chance, Miss Sakura." he said as he came over and took a seat next to me. "You can save your family by starting your own dynasty."
"An immortal dynasty?"
Grim shook his head.
"Oh no.  That would be too easy."

"I will pose the challenge of another kind to you if you want to save your family," Grim continued. "There are how many Sakura immortals?"
"Sixteen." I explained.
"Sixteen.  Perfect."

"The challenge that I am assigning you will be a little different.  This will be a 4x4 dynasty."
"A 4x4 dynasty?" I repeated.

"I'm not familiar with that one," I admitted.
Grim proceeded to explain the rules to me.  I would need to have a child and he or she would be the first heir.  Each heir would need to each max a unique job, find two unique best friends, complete three skill challenges and complete four opportunities.  The family would also need to collect and upgrade all of the buildings and properties in the town we lived in.  They would also each need to earn a career reward and four items of a kind to put into a collection.  Four tombstones would also need to be collected over the generations before the fourth heir would move to a new city to begin all over again.  This process would be repeated four times until sixteen generations have completed the challenge.

"If you can complete the challenge, I will not only make your family and descendants immortal, but I will restore the lives of your ancestors.  All sixteen of them.  Sixteen descendants for sixteen ancestors.  That's fair, I think." Grim stated.
I nodded as Grim returned to his desk.
"Yes, I think I can handle that." I replied.
"Oh, did I forget to mention that I will need to shorten your lifespan first?"

I stared at Grim.
"Say what?"
"Yep.  Part of the challenge is to do it with a shorter lifespan." Grim said. "Hey, it wouldn't be a challenge without a challenging aspect, right?"
I let out a breath. 
"I said I would do anything." I told him. "I accept your terms."
Grim smiled (I think). 
"Perfect.  I will be keeping track of your progress." he said. "My assistant will lead you out so you can go back to your world.  See you soon, Miss Sakura."

On cue, the assistant got up from her desk and came over to me.  She motioned toward the door and I followed her out to the waiting room.
"So he gave you a challenge to save yourself and your family," the assistant said in a very monotone voice. "You're one of the lucky ones."

"So what happens now-" my voice trailed off, as I didn't know the woman's name.
"Julie." she said.
"Julie.  Great.  So what happens now?" I continued.
"You go down that hallway, back the way you came, and you will be transported back to your world." Julie explained.

"And then what?"
"As the boss said.  You complete the challenge." Julie told me.
"On the off chance that something goes wrong," I began to say, though I had a feeling that I probably wouldn't like the answer. "What happens then?"
"You stay here and your family loses its immortality."
"Huh.  No pressure." I remarked.
"Hardly."

"You should get going." Julie added. "Time is ticking away."
"Right."

I headed back down the hallway, just as Julie instructed.  And, just as she said, I was suddenly transported back to my home in Appoloosa Plains. 

Julie watched as the hallway went from occupied to vacant within a few seconds. 
"Good luck..." she whispered.
"JULIE!" Grim called from the other room.
Julie turned and sighed.  No rest for the wicked.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
Re: The Sakura 4x4- Prologue (Part III): When Worlds Collide (Nov 1)
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2014, 07:26:06 AM »
I see what you did there on why you're going for a 4x4. Poor Julie, working for the Grim isn't as fun as it would seem.

Offline Geniequeen122

• Occult
  • I am the queen of genies FEAR ME
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2014, 01:24:38 PM »
'Ello! Been away from the Sims for a bit, and I find a lovely new Sakura Dynasty waiting for me! Horray!

What Grim did that! No! Bad Grimmy! *Pulls out rolled up newspaper* bring them back or you get whacked into next year!

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2014, 10:06:35 PM »
Sixteen heirs for sixteen inmortals. A clever idea to continue with the Sakuras and to unite both dynasties.

(And poor Julie LOL)

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2014, 01:29:36 PM »
I see what you did there on why you're going for a 4x4. Poor Julie, working for the Grim isn't as fun as it would seem.

Sixteen heirs for sixteen inmortals. A clever idea to continue with the Sakuras and to unite both dynasties.

(And poor Julie LOL)

Yeah, that's totally what I had planned when I decided to do a 4x4 It's not like I realized that after I chose to do this one next or anything.

'Ello! Been away from the Sims for a bit, and I find a lovely new Sakura Dynasty waiting for me! Horray!

What Grim did that! No! Bad Grimmy! *Pulls out rolled up newspaper* bring them back or you get whacked into next year!

I think you could teach Julie a thing or two on how to deal with Grim  ;D

Chapter 1- And So it Begins

Just as Julie had said, the moment that I reached the end of the long hallway, I was transported back to my world.

I looked around in disbelief and then cheered.  I was back!

"Niji!" I heard a voice call to me. 
I turned around and smiled brightly at the person who was here with me. 
"Makoto!" I said happily.

"Sweetie, I was so worried about you," Makoto told me. "I came over to find you and you were just gone."
Makoto was my boyfriend.  He and I had been dating for a few years now and were the best of friends.  I considered myself truly lucky to have found a wonderful man such as him.

"I know, Mak, believe me, my disappearance was not planned." I began to explain.
Makoto looked at me curiously.
"What do you mean?" he asked.

I let out a breath.
"You may think I'm crazy but..."
I recounted the tale of what had just transpired: being transported to the underworld, finding out that my family had essentially been wiped from existence, my deal with Grim and then, finally, being the accidental founder of a new Sakura dynasty.

I explained everything in great detail.  I didn't want to leave anything out.  I wanted Makoto to know the whole story.

"You probably think I'm crazy, huh?" I said afterward.
Makoto was silent for a moment.  My heart sank.  I cared deeply for this man and was hoping that he wouldn't turn his back on his suddenly delusional girlfriend.
"So you're going to be the founder of a new dynasty to save your family?" Makoto asked after a moment or two.

"Yep, that's it in a nutshell." I confirmed.
"And you had your life span shortened by Grim to make the challenge, well, challenging?" he continued, making sure to get all of the facts straight.

"You see," I continued. "Time is of the essence in this dynasty, and I would need to have a child right away, so, I would need to be with someone that I truly loved to make this work..."

Makoto held his hand up.  I froze, unsure of his reaction.  He brought his hand up to my face and caressed my cheek gently, lovingly.
"I am honored that you would choose me out of all of the men in Sim Nation," he said with a smile.

"So you'll help me?" I asked, tears of joy welling up in my eyes.
Makoto nodded.
"Of course I will, Niji.  I love you.  I thought you knew that."
I smiled back at him. 
"Any doubt I had is now gone." I assured him.

Makoto and I knew that we needed to begin fresh in a new town to begin the dynasty.  We closed our eyes and picked a town at random: Bridgeport.  We searched through the real estate listings to find a nice place that our family could thrive in for the next few generations until the moving heir would move to a new town once again.  After some searching, Makoto and I agreed on a sunny little place just outside of the busy city.

I hugged Makoto after we officially became the owners of this new house.  I was so relieved that he was by my side and would be helping me on my mission to save my family.

"Hey, Niji," Makoto began to say.
He sounded a little apprehensive about what he was about to say, just like I had been when I was going to drop the bomb on him about the dynasty.  "You said that we needed to have children right away, correct?"
I nodded.
"Within four days," I confirmed.
"Then why wait?" Makoto said.
I smiled and nodded once more.  Makoto and I headed inside to our new bedroom.

I was happy to say that we did, in fact, hear chimes.  Generation one was on the way.  Afterward, Makoto came over to me again and asked me another very important question.
"Niji, I think we should make this official." he said.
I knew exactly what he meant.  "Will you marry me?" Makoto asked.
Smiling, I accepted his proposal.

We married right then and there.  It wasn't anything glamorous or fancy but it was just perfect for the two of us.  Just Makoto and me, pledging our undying love and commitment to each other.

I couldn't have asked for anyone better to begin my life again with.

Makoto, by the way, is Japanese for truth, sincerity, faithful, etc.  I thought it was fitting of his character  :)

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
Re: The Sakura 4x4- Chapter 1: And So it Begins (Nov 6)
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2014, 04:04:46 PM »
Aw Makoto is so sweet. Good thing he accompany Niji in the adventure.

I see that you are continuing with Japanese names. (I must confess that when reading the name Makoto I can only think of sailor jupiter :P )

Offline Geniequeen122

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2014, 05:08:49 PM »
Yes! That would be fun, tutoring Julie in the Zen Art of Whacking Grim With a Rolled Up Newspaper!

At least she has the love of her life by her side, if you were cruel, he'd lave her after deciding she was insane :D

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2014, 05:12:17 AM »
It would have been really cruel if Makoto hadn't been there at all  ??? But I'm glad he was. Bridgeport is an interesting choice for a starter town.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2014, 03:44:22 PM »
Aw Makoto is so sweet. Good thing he accompany Niji in the adventure.

I see that you are continuing with Japanese names. (I must confess that when reading the name Makoto I can only think of sailor jupiter :P )

I had no idea what to name Niji's boyfriend so I went through my Japanese dictionary to find something and I thought Makoto was a nice name based on its meaning.  However, I want to do different name themes so that will be it for Japanese for a bit.  The theme for Bridgeport is places.

Yes! That would be fun, tutoring Julie in the Zen Art of Whacking Grim With a Rolled Up Newspaper!

At least she has the love of her life by her side, if you were cruel, he'd lave her after deciding she was insane :D

I am a sucker for happy endings so there was no way that was going to happen.  And sign me up for the Zen Art of Whacking Grim With a Rolled Up Newspaper class!  Sounds like tons of fun  :)

It would have been really cruel if Makoto hadn't been there at all  ??? But I'm glad he was. Bridgeport is an interesting choice for a starter town.

I wasn't sure where I wanted to start, really, so I chose at random.  I assigned each city a number and then used a random number generator to pick where I'd be starting.  Bridgeport was the lucky winner for this round.  I'll be doing the same thing with the other three places too.  Keeps it more interesting that way  :)

Chapter 2- London Bridge

Once we were married, Makoto and I got straight to work on some things so we could get this dynasty off to a good start.  My lifetime wish was to be an Illustrious Author so I purchased an easel and started on my painting skill.  I decided that I would work as a painter so that way I could stay home and take care of the kids at the same time. 

Makoto wanted to join the Science career because his lifetime wish was to Become a Creature-Robot Cross Breeder.  He wasn't sure if he should join the science career right now or wait until the heir was born but I told him to just do it.  Makoto was happy to hear me encourage him and quickly went off to the science center to apply for a job.  He called me a few minutes later to tell me that he had been hired.  I was so happy to hear that! 

Makoto made a quick trip to the local supermarket after getting his new job.  He needed to begin working on his gardening skill for his new job.  We also figured that this would be a good way to earn a little extra income until the money from Makoto's job and my paintings really started coming in.

Once I gained a skill point in painting, I placed a call to the employment office to register myself as a self-employed painter.  I quickly got dressed and then headed down to city hall to make it official.

It was a good thing that I went earlier in the day because that night I started to not feel so good.

The next morning, while working at my easel, I got some good news.  Makoto and I were expecting!

Makoto was in the bathroom getting ready for work.  I came and told him the good news.  He was so excited!  Makoto was very Family Oriented and we often talked about wanting kids in the future.  I guess now was our chance.

Makoto then went off to his first day of work with a bright smile on his face.  For some reason, his hair style changed to be a little more free flowing.  I guess that's the style in the science world.

I spent my day working on my painting skill.  Within a painting or two, I was able to earn my first promotion.

Makoto had a really productive day at work.  He was very close to getting his first promotion but wanted to work on his mechanical skill so he would be prepared for the upcoming levels of his career.  Good thing because the toilet needed some serious work.

The days went by pretty fast.  Makoto went to work and gardened while I painted.  A few days later however, I went into labor.

I sort of panicked a little but pulled myself together and headed to the hospital.  Makoto was at work so I gave him a call once I was admitted to let him know what was going on.

We really didn't have a preference as to whether we had a girl or a boy so we let nature decide on the first heir.  After a few hours, we were pleased to bring our son, London Sakura, into the family.  London was Friendly and also Artistic, just like me.

Now that we had a little one in the house, we needed to rearranged the house a bit.  Makoto moved our bedroom into the former garage and transformed our former bedroom into London's nursery.

The shortened lifespan definitely took some getting used to.  Before we knew it, it was time for London to age up into a toddler.  I was really looking forward to see who he resembled more  :)

Offline Geniequeen122

• Occult
Re: The Sakura 4x4- Chapter 2: London Bridge (Nov 10)
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2014, 10:57:22 AM »
They just took living in a garage to a whole new level. Not sure how, but they did.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2014, 07:09:49 PM »
This is the same house I used for my final world in my 4x4. The garage was the nursery and ended up being a skill room and finally the museum. Not a lot of house choice in Bridgeport for a family.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2014, 04:08:46 AM »
London's a lovely name and my home town   ;)

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2014, 03:35:59 PM »
They just took living in a garage to a whole new level. Not sure how, but they did.

Yep, pretty much.

This is the same house I used for my final world in my 4x4. The garage was the nursery and ended up being a skill room and finally the museum. Not a lot of house choice in Bridgeport for a family.

Yeah, there really wasn't.  I was between two houses, this one and a reddish/violet one.  I went with this one because I think the lot dimensions were a tiny bit larger than the other one.  Plus, it is structured nicely that I can build upward, which you'll see in Gen. 2.

London's a lovely name and my home town   ;)

What a coincidence!  I really like London as a name  :)

Chapter 3- Little Mak

This shortened life span really took some time getting used to; not that we had that much time in the first place!  Before we knew it, it was time for London to grow up.  Makoto and I purchased a cake for the birthday celebration and I brought my little boy up to the cake.

The sparkles hit and then London aged up into a handsome little baby boy.

London is identical to his father, but with my skin tone.  He is going to grow into a gorgeous young man one day, but hopefully not too soon.

London was such a good little boy.  He would find ways to occupy himself when Makoto and I were busy.

Time was of the essence to teach London his toddler skills.  First things first, how to use the potty.

Like me, London had a love of music.  I smiled when I saw him play the xylophone for the first time.  London sort of shocked himself because all of a sudden, his toy made noise!

And then he decided to eat the hammer.

One of the things that I wanted to make sure that I told London was about the dynasty and my deal with Grim.  My little boy had a lot on his tiny little shoulders but I wanted him to be prepared for the road ahead.  London looked up at me with his big, beautiful blue eyes and listened intently as I talked to him.  In some effect, I'm sure he took everything I explained to heart.

When I put London to sleep for that evening, Makoto and I had a little chat about things.  We thought that London could use a sibling to help him through all of the challenges that come with being an heir.  Someone who he could rely on and be there when things got tough.  Makoto and I both agreed that we wanted to have another child.

The next morning, I wasn't feeling so well so Makoto took over working with London.  He taught him how to walk.

Since my boys were having fun together, I took this moment to excuse myself and get some painting done.  I still had a ways to go until I would max out the painting skill and we could also use the extra money from selling the portraits.

Makoto also worked on his mechanical skill while London was having lunch.  Our appliances were somewhat sub-par, so these upgrades were a nice touch.

It was later that evening that I got the confirmation that I was, indeed, pregnant again.  Makoto and I thought that it would be nice to have a little girl this time, so I began a strict diet of watermelons hoping that it would increase my chance of a baby girl.

Although, another sweet little boy would be just as wonderful.

Boy or girl.  Either way, we were really looking forward to meeting baby #2!

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
Re: The Sakura 4x4- Chapter 3: Little Mak (Nov 14)
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2014, 02:25:13 PM »
London has beautiful eyes and I love his name. Now I wonder how his sister will be called.

It is interesting to see how this story continues. I'm taking notes  ;D

Offline Ry3219

• Nooboo
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2014, 11:46:17 PM »
Hey Sister! Look I'm reviewing! I love the outfit for Niji, it's very Edgey ( Pun intended). I would love to take a guess on the gender of the second child, but based on the fact that we give each other frequent updates as we play our Sims Dynasties while we sit about two feet from each other I already know the gender. I can't wait for you to update so all the people who aren't your sister get to know the gender results.  ;)

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2014, 02:16:18 PM »
London has beautiful eyes and I love his name. Now I wonder how his sister will be called.

It is interesting to see how this story continues. I'm taking notes  ;D

I love doing custom eyes and hair and that eye color is one of my favorites.

Hey Sister! Look I'm reviewing! I love the outfit for Niji, it's very Edgey ( Pun intended). I would love to take a guess on the gender of the second child, but based on the fact that we give each other frequent updates as we play our Sims Dynasties while we sit about two feet from each other I already know the gender. I can't wait for you to update so all the people who aren't your sister get to know the gender results.  ;)

It's about time you reviewed, kid!

Chapter 4- Watermelon Failures

I was working at my easel when I went into labor.

I was hoping to hold off until later this evening because it was also the day that London would be aging up into a child.  Unfortunately, London's younger sibling decided that he or she couldn't wait any longer so it was off to the hospital.  London also decided that he couldn't wait any longer to age up, so he aged up shortly after Makoto and I left.

Here is little London.  He gained the Family Oriented trait. 

Although Makoto and I would have loved to have had a little girl, we were still very thrilled to welcome our son into the family.  We named him Dayton and he is a Genius and Loves the Outdoors.

Because we were short on space in the house, London graciously agreed to share a room with his little brother.  We bought London a new bed, as well as his very own easel, which he was very excited about.  We kept London's baby things and just repainted them so that they would reflect Dayton's favorite color, orange.

The next day, London began his first day of school.  He was a little apprehensive but ended up having a good day anyway.

London's birthday was only the first of many upcoming birthdays in our household.  Makoto was working in the garden after he came home from work one night when it became time for his Adult birthday.

The next day, it was time for Dayton to age up into a toddler already.  The baby days go by way too fast if you ask me.

While London may be a miniature version of Makoto, Dayton is a miniature version of me.

The final birthday for a bit was my Adult birthday.  Thankfully, things were quiet for a bit after that.

London was a very good student.  He knew that his time in elementary school was very limited because of our shortened life span so he made sure to always do his homework and study to get good grades.  London did receive an A in school shortly before his teenage birthday.  We were all so proud of him.

While London was working on his homework, Dayton had some homework of his own to work on.  He needed to learn his toddler skills.  I worked with him while Makoto was at work.  I made sure to tell Dayton all about his important role in this dynasty.  He would need to be there to help out not only his brother, but all of the generations in this first city.

Now that we had our hands full with two kids in the house, Makoto thought that we could use an extra set of hands in the house.  We had a little extra spending cash between Makoto's job, his gardening, and my paintings, so we hired a maid.

We also got a little extra cash from London, who took up painting rather quickly.  I guess he gets it from me.

He was quite the talented artist, don't you think?

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
Re: The Sakura 4x4- Chapter 4: Watermelon Failures (Nov 24)
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2014, 02:33:54 PM »
Wow, time flies in medium length. I only play in normal so I have to get used to it if I want to make a 4x4.

It was a boy!!!  ;D haha I totally thought it was a little sister that was coming (with Niji eating watermelon). Are you planning to extend his life for four generations to have a single assistant? It is a good idea, I had not thought of it. Yes to extending some lives but not for so long.

Good update like always!  ;)

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: The Sakura 4x4- Chapter 4: Watermelon Failures (Nov 24)
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2014, 10:43:45 AM »
Wow, time flies in medium length. I only play in normal so I have to get used to it if I want to make a 4x4.

It was a boy!!!  ;D haha I totally thought it was a little sister that was coming (with Niji eating watermelon). Are you planning to extend his life for four generations to have a single assistant? It is a good idea, I had not thought of it. Yes to extending some lives but not for so long.

Good update like always!  ;)

Thanks, CeresIn!  I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with the spare but decided that it would be a good idea to keep Dayton around for a while.  I just hit generation three in game and he is a very helpful addition to the family.  I think I'm going to do that for each city.

I'm back!  November is finally over so I can focus on my simming a little bit more.  And, if anyone was wondering, I did hit 50k words for NaNoWriMo  ;D

Chapter 5- Thick as Thieves

You would think that Makoto and I would be used to the shortened life span by now but we still were surprised when London's birthday rolled around that weekend.  Our little boy was going to be a teenager.

We got him a birthday cake and celebrated together that morning.

Here is a teenage London.  He gained the Perfectionist trait.  That was going to be very useful if he was going to be an artist.

London knew that he wanted to pursue a career in the arts.  He immediately headed into his room to work on a painting so he could join the Painter career as soon as possible.

The painting didn't go for much but London was happy to have some simoleans in his pocket and I was proud that my little boy was officially an artist.

Once the birthday excitement settled down, Makoto and I turned our attention to Dayton.  He still had some skills to learn before his birthday so he and Makoto got to work.

It was a good thing that we managed to get everything done because, the next day, Dayton aged up into a child while playing with his peg box.

Here is little Dayton.  He gained the Genius trait.

With the weekend over, it was time for both boys to head to school.  Dayton was looking forward to attending school for the first time while London was a bit apprehensive about starting high school.  The prom rolled around a few days into the school week, so London was able to focus his attention on that.  London was crowned Prom King!  He was so surprised and that really helped him settle into school much faster.

Despite the age difference and lack of time, London and Dayton were the best of friends.  They always made time for each other, even if it was just a quick chat over homework.  I think both boys knew how important it was to build a good relationship with each other.  London was going to need to rely on Dayton for his help and support when Makoto and I were no longer around.  Dayton was going to need to stay strong because his only brother would have to sacrifice himself at some point for the dynasty requirements in order to assist later generations in their goals.  They were happy right now and that's all that mattered.  London and Dayton were as thick as thieves so Makoto and I were also happy.

Doing homework together also allowed for the boys to finish their assignments that much faster.  Because of that, they had some time for other activities before going to bed for the night.  London painted.  Dayton begged us for a chemistry set.  He was going to need it at some point so Makoto and I agreed to get him one now so he could begin working on discovering some potions.  Needless to say, Dayton was pretty excited.

anything