Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 697767 times)

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2715 on: August 07, 2020, 05:55:53 PM »
I recently decided to give this game another look, did the free trial back when it came out and wasn't keen so never bought it, but I did get the free copy when they gave it away a while back but never touched it until the last couple of weeks.

So far I've played a little to see the changes, then I did consider trying this but didn't really know what I was doing so I started a 100 baby challenge because I love the toddlers, had 16 kids so far and learnt a lot of the mechanics (with help from the guide) but I feel like a change, sort of knew I wouldn't last to 100.

The rules say you can add Maxis created lots to Newcrest, apart from the ones in the library there are no Maxis made base game houses on the gallery, are we also allowed to copy empty houses not already in the library from the other two worlds?

I'd like to fill Newcrest up with housing to get more population but the library is more community lots than houses.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2716 on: August 07, 2020, 07:42:46 PM »
I don't see a problem with that as long as it a Maxis made home/lot.

Shannon

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #2717 on: August 08, 2020, 03:52:15 AM »
Thank you  :)

(Edited for a question)

Because of my poor eyesight, I have been using a mod that removes the depth of field, cannot play without it as the blur messes really badly with my eyes, does this come under the rule of 'lighting mods that change the look of the game are fine' if not can I have permission to use it?

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2718 on: August 08, 2020, 09:03:36 AM »
Thank you  :)

(Edited for a question)

Because of my poor eyesight, I have been using a mod that removes the depth of field, cannot play without it as the blur messes really badly with my eyes, does this come under the rule of 'lighting mods that change the look of the game are fine' if not can I have permission to use it?

Send me the link and let me check it out.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #2719 on: August 08, 2020, 09:58:42 AM »
I'm familiar with the mod and IMO it's as inconsequential as a lighting mod. That being said @Turoskel how different is it from turning post-processing effects off in options? That's where the depth of field is though also among other things.

Edit: for reference here's the side by side by side. While I'm overflowing with CC I don't have any lighting or environment mods in at the moment.

Post-processing effects on, no depth of field remover:

Post-processing effects off, no depth of field remover:

Post-processing effects on, using Shimrod's Distance Blur remover (yes you can tell I had to reload and no one behaved):

I didn't find any difference between post-processing effects off and the distance blur remover but I'm open to the argument that during gameplay (and not getting quick and dirty comparison shots) there is a difference where one still triggers migraines or eye strain and the other doesn't but for now it just feels like a redundant mod.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2720 on: August 08, 2020, 10:31:27 AM »
@Turoskel

I got your pm with the link and reason. I am waiting to hear back from metropolis man.

@Trip when i return from the gym, I will forward you the pm.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #2721 on: August 08, 2020, 10:36:52 AM »
I did look at that before and the tool-tip doesn't mention the depth of field although it says global focus, is that what it means then?

It does help actually but you lose the other lighting effects, the mod just removes the blur, I'd prefer to keep it on as I feel it makes everything else look better but it's up to the team.

EDIT: what I noticed is the softness it gives to things when it's on, you can see it on the sims arms here.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

But it's not enough for me to worry if you rule against it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2722 on: August 08, 2020, 01:06:28 PM »
@Turoskel you are good to go. Good luck.

Shannon

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #2724 on: August 08, 2020, 03:15:43 PM »
And I hope I didn't sound dismissive, if anything I learned something about post-processing effects.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2725 on: August 08, 2020, 04:20:00 PM »
And I hope I didn't sound dismissive, if anything I learned something about post-processing effects.

Much love to you @Trip, we all learned today I think. *hugs*

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #2726 on: August 09, 2020, 07:17:43 AM »

@Trip Not at all, I sort of agree that at first glance the difference isn't much, but after a while I think you would notice the missing things like sun rays and so on. Plus I also learnt that post processing includes the distance blur which I didn't realise.

I just found a bug at the gym in Willow Creek, at first I thought she was embarrassed because Nancy walked in but when I put the walls up there aren't any, but there are doors  ???

Google told me it's a reported bug over at Answers HQ and somebody there said replacing it with the gallery copy fixed it, can I do that?
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Walls-are-Missing-In-Movers-amp-Shakers-in-Willow-Creek/td-p/7596035

Apologies if this has been covered already somewhere in this mammoth thread, one day I will sit and read through it all.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2727 on: August 09, 2020, 09:50:26 AM »

@Trip Not at all, I sort of agree that at first glance the difference isn't much, but after a while I think you would notice the missing things like sun rays and so on. Plus I also learnt that post processing includes the distance blur which I didn't realise.

I just found a bug at the gym in Willow Creek, at first I thought she was embarrassed because Nancy walked in but when I put the walls up there aren't any, but there are doors  ???

Google told me it's a reported bug over at Answers HQ and somebody there said replacing it with the gallery copy fixed it, can I do that?
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Walls-are-Missing-In-Movers-amp-Shakers-in-Willow-Creek/td-p/7596035

Apologies if this has been covered already somewhere in this mammoth thread, one day I will sit and read through it all.

Yes Is fine to replace it with the gallery copy. This happened to me also. But when I went back in a few days later, it was fine. *shrugs* stuff happens and then it either fixes itself or not. Good luck

Shannon

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #2728 on: August 09, 2020, 10:48:12 AM »
Thank you, after I posted this I noticed the ducks on the water behind my lot are floating and I don't remember them doing that before, there are some floating trees off to the side of it as well, I suppose if you have played for years you get used to things like this happening, it's all new to me.

On the plus side I got an embarrassed related whim from her shower incident.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2729 on: August 09, 2020, 11:09:07 AM »
Thank you, after I posted this I noticed the ducks on the water behind my lot are floating and I don't remember them doing that before, there are some floating trees off to the side of it as well, I suppose if you have played for years you get used to things like this happening, it's all new to me.

On the plus side I got an embarrassed related whim from her shower incident.

yep, the floating ducks have been there for awhile now.

anything