Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 707590 times)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2580 on: July 04, 2019, 01:56:03 PM »
Thanks, Shannon. Now all I need do is figure out do I want clubs or traits.  Lol.

Did you catch my question about my Sim getting a "following" of townspeople?  Going back in to see if she still has them following her around and winding up dead.  Posted in IL I think under "Buggy".

I just replied on that thread, but go ahead and do a "repair" and see if that helps.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2581 on: July 04, 2019, 06:20:34 PM »
Question on clubs.  If your Sim joins a club, and has not opted for either traits and clubs, does that club she joined, and does not yet have control of, count as the only club she can have and therefor has made the choice of clubs vs traits for him/her?  Also, if that club already has opted before the Sim joined, for skilling stuff, (Garden Gnomes has fishing, gardening and looking for frogs as part of their thing), then what?  Does that automatically means she has chosen clubs?  Does it mean she has to quite since they have skill improvements?  My Sim got a call from the Munch child, joined Garden Gnomes, and discovered those skills there so quit immediately.  I would imagine other clubs have similar skills already in place.

Does her quitting right away mean I can keep playing that ID or is it a do over?  Hate to lose the fun stuff but can restart, or just continue with my ID's that are on hold for now.

Don't know if repairing game has worked or not.  So far so good.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2582 on: July 04, 2019, 06:23:26 PM »
Question on clubs.  If your Sim joins a club, and has not opted for either traits and clubs, does that club she joined, and does not yet have control of, count as the only club she can have and therefor has made the choice of clubs vs traits for him/her?  Also, if that club already has opted before the Sim joined, for skilling stuff, (Garden Gnomes has fishing, gardening and looking for frogs as part of their thing), then what?  Does that automatically means she has chosen clubs?  Does it mean she has to quite since they have skill improvements?  My Sim got a call from the Munch child, joined Garden Gnomes, and discovered those skills there so quit immediately.  I would imagine other clubs have similar skills already in place.

Does her quitting right away mean I can keep playing that ID or is it a do over?  Hate to lose the fun stuff but can restart, or just continue with my ID's that are on hold for now.

Don't know if repairing game has worked or not.  So far so good.

Only the leader of the club can choose the perks. So if she didn't take over the club, then she is fine.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2583 on: July 09, 2019, 12:22:57 PM »
Updated:

The IDC Spreadsheet has been updated with all the new info from the new EPs/SPs that were missing.

*NEW* The extra museum items for Toddler Skills, Drama Club, Scouting Club have been given a slot at the bottom.

*NEW* Dropdown Menus have been added to the spreadsheet for easier, quicker info.

*NEW* You can now add your values for your museum in the columns and get a running total right on the spreadsheet.

If you have any problems please tag LenaJ or myself and let us know the problem you are having. AND as always, please make a copy to use your on file.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2584 on: July 09, 2019, 07:41:45 PM »
@sdhoey, sorry to say I just can't figure out spread sheets.  Probably because I really can't see or read the words anymore and just don't quite understand.  I just usually write everything out by hand.

Question of the day: (lol)  I've been thinking we need more destinations for play and vacation.  We've got two and they are pretty awesome, but what about if we make a large lot into a "resort"?  Restaurant, sleeping quarters, play areas, etc.  Would this be acceptable in an ID?  I'd build it "off game", save to library, and place it.  Of course I'm thinking Sulani.  An ID family would be able to buy it as a restaurant, or a park, later when they are filthy rich.  No cc or mods involved.  Don't want to break the rules and don't think such a concept has been covered.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2585 on: July 09, 2019, 07:54:05 PM »
@sdhoey, sorry to say I just can't figure out spread sheets.  Probably because I really can't see or read the words anymore and just don't quite understand.  I just usually write everything out by hand.

Question of the day: (lol)  I've been thinking we need more destinations for play and vacation.  We've got two and they are pretty awesome, but what about if we make a large lot into a "resort"?  Restaurant, sleeping quarters, play areas, etc.  Would this be acceptable in an ID?  I'd build it "off game", save to library, and place it.  Of course, I'm thinking Sulani.  An ID family would be able to buy it as a restaurant, or a park, later when they are filthy rich.  No cc or mods involved.  Don't want to break the rules and don't think such a concept has been covered.

Actually, it has Joria, only EA built lots/rooms allowed from the Gallery. Or each simmer builds their own restaurant, retail or vet if not using the EA premades. It's a nice idea but one we can add as a destination. 

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2586 on: July 09, 2019, 10:13:09 PM »
So, I CAN build it and if Sims want to go there for a visit they can, right?  I just can't save it to library and place it down even if it's my own build?  Like they can go to a park I've added to or remodeled, (following the rules for such), and no one has to "own" it.

What brought this to mind was I recently had my family visit Sulani and they had a great time fishing, becoming mermaids, (well, some of them, not my founder), and I kind of wished they could stay for a bit without having to do the unforgivable act of moving there.  They can call in a vacation day, or simply go to work from there, and revisit or be called back to the place by someone already there.  They wouldn't actually be able to "call up" a vacation stay like in Salvadorada or the mountains but with a little imagination they can have fun and still skill up there.

One of the reasons I had my "helpers" become mermaids is they are elderly and really falling apart.  Every day they are too exhausted to do much of anything.  I thought, great way to test out mermaid.  Does it make them younger?  No!  But it does give them more strength and enables them to exercise more safely, and the mermaid charms are wonderful for fishing skill!  (No more, X is dangerously tired notes!)  I'm pushing it and having one of them deep sea dive repeatedly.  I figure if they get worn out they can rest in the ocean and recover.

----------
My No Buy Story

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #2587 on: July 09, 2019, 10:17:22 PM »
I presume the qualifying items for the museum don't have to be tied in with the 'depositing' immortal's career/skills/aspirations. So my sim who is doing cooking career and related aspirations could do postcards, for example. Is that a correct understanding?

Also, in the list of qualified items in the first post (in spoiler tag 3), there are some items indented from the main list, for example buried treasure is indented from books and seashells/selvadoradian relics are indented from remedies. I'm wanting to confirm that this is simply a forum formatting issue, and not something like "if you choose remedies they have to be seashells but not selvadoradian relics".

I presume that targeted immortals can do more than 8 of a collection and use the extras around the house for decore or however they are used, but that the 8 for the museum (totally completed/collected by that immortal) are in the museum and not used before that sim becomes immortal. Is that correct?

Many thanks

Dek

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2588 on: July 09, 2019, 10:38:41 PM »
I presume the qualifying items for the museum don't have to be tied in with the 'depositing' immortal's career/skills/aspirations. So my sim who is doing cooking career and related aspirations could do postcards, for example. Is that a correct understanding?

Also, in the list of qualified items in the first post (in spoiler tag 3), there are some items indented from the main list, for example buried treasure is indented from books and seashells/selvadoradian relics are indented from remedies. I'm wanting to confirm that this is simply a forum formatting issue, and not something like "if you choose remedies they have to be seashells but not selvadoradian relics".

I presume that targeted immortals can do more than 8 of a collection and use the extras around the house for decore or however they are used, but that the 8 for the museum (totally completed/collected by that immortal) are in the museum and not used before that sim becomes immortal. Is that correct?

Many thanks

Dek

1. No museum items are not tied to "depositing" immortal's career /skills/aspirations.
Your founder/ heir can have any museum item they want. Your cook can do postcards, mysim trophy etc.

The indents are probably mistyped, everything should be in one straight list line. I have taken care of the indents. Remedies are from Outdoor Retreat. Tummy Therapy, Clear Mind Distillation, Fireleaf Extract, etc.

3. Your founder can only put 8 items in his/her museum. The other items the founder has you can do whatever with.
**Players can increase the value of their Immortal Family Museum by having an heir contribute Four additional museum items (for a total of 12 of a given type) if the heir maxes all five of their toddler's skills, completes a Childhood Aspiration, Completes Scouts and/or Drama Club and gets an A in school (as a Child and a Teen).

Once your Sim puts all their items in the museum, they will stay there. So if the founder does postcards. those have to be in the museum before they consume ambrosia and must remain there for the remainder of the dynasty.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2589 on: July 09, 2019, 11:03:11 PM »
So, I CAN build it and if Sims want to go there for a visit they can, right?  I just can't save it to library and place it down even if it's my own build?  Like they can go to a park I've added to or remodeled, (following the rules for such), and no one has to "own" it.

What brought this to mind was I recently had my family visit Sulani and they had a great time fishing, becoming mermaids, (well, some of them, not my founder), and I kind of wished they could stay for a bit without having to do the unforgivable act of moving there.  They can call in a vacation day, or simply go to work from there, and revisit or be called back to the place by someone already there.  They wouldn't actually be able to "call up" a vacation stay like in Salvadorada or the mountains but with a little imagination they can have fun and still skill up there.

One of the reasons I had my "helpers" become mermaids is they are elderly and really falling apart.  Every day they are too exhausted to do much of anything.  I thought, great way to test out mermaid.  Does it make them younger?  No!  But it does give them more strength and enables them to exercise more safely, and the mermaid charms are wonderful for fishing skill!  (No more, X is dangerously tired notes!)  I'm pushing it and having one of them deep sea dive repeatedly.  I figure if they get worn out they can rest in the ocean and recover.

If you are not going for HOF, then yes you can build it for your game.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #2590 on: July 09, 2019, 11:57:53 PM »
Thank you for the updated spreadsheet @LenaJ , I did notice in the dropdown careers box that Style Influencer, Secret Agent, Social Media and Political only have the option for one branch. When I go to the 'Lsts' sheet, I see that the listing of careers for those has the branch repeated eg Style Influencer: Stylist in L31 is followed by Style Influencer: Stylist in L32. The same thing occurs for Secret Agent, Social Media and Political. I'm not sure if that's intentional or not, but I wanted to let you know.

Thank you for answering my questions as well, Shannon.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2591 on: July 10, 2019, 12:02:30 AM »
Thank you for the updated spreadsheet @LenaJ , I did notice in the dropdown careers box that Style Influencer, Secret Agent, Social Media and Political only have the option for one branch. When I go to the 'Lsts' sheet, I see that the listing of careers for those has the branch repeated eg Style Influencer: Stylist in L31 is followed by Style Influencer: Stylist in L32. The same thing occurs for Secret Agent, Social Media and Political. I'm not sure if that's intentional or not, but I wanted to let you know.

Thank you for answering my questions as well, Shannon.

I will re check that in the morning  Dek, I put both branches in when typing up the list. Thank you for bringing this up. It will be fixed.

Shannon

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2592 on: July 10, 2019, 12:16:42 AM »
@Deklitch click on the sheet now and let me know what you get?

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #2593 on: July 10, 2019, 12:32:57 AM »
Thanks Shannon, all right now. :)

Wow, that's a quick turn around. :)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2594 on: July 10, 2019, 08:58:02 AM »
No glasses. No contacts, whatever it takes to fix it, I come thru, sometimes.  ;D