Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 708143 times)

Offline MystiKitty

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2505 on: March 08, 2019, 05:47:18 PM »
Can't wait to see how the Strangerville game pack will be implemented into this Dynasty. I say we ban the use of the Mother Plant's option to reset age as it would nullify the need for Ambrosia. Asked about if a child of the hero could use the Mother Plant by reviving it but no testing so far. Right now I am playing through the story on a character and plan to have her get married and bear a kid to see if this works once I complete the story.

I will be looking into all this as of this weekend. We have had the flu around here for the last month and just now justing into the playing/testing mood. I have already played the Aspiration for Strangerville and it was fun.

So tally ho and so on now ... look for the update soon.

Shannon

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2506 on: March 08, 2019, 08:13:34 PM »
Strangerville updates:

Request for Life Extension is BANNED

Mother Plant can be revived but Aspiration can only be completed by One Immortal Heir.

Lots:
Strangerville Overlook 40x30
Plateau Place 40x30
Old Penelope 50x40 (the plane lot, this is your choice, make sure if you use this lot, you delete the plane lot and the bunker.)

Added: Military Career
Added: Strangerville Mystery Aspiration

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MystiKitty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2507 on: March 10, 2019, 01:15:25 AM »
I say we ban the use of the Mother Plant's option to reset age as it would nullify the need for Ambrosia.
Strangerville updates:

Request for Life Extension is BANNED

Yep, called it.  8)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #2508 on: April 27, 2019, 02:51:07 PM »

I'm having an issue where plants on other lots than my own just don't seem to be growing so I can get a graft of them. My founder is almost to young adult. It's mid-way through summer and despite repeated visits to the lots, I still can't take a graft of either cherry or lily. Any idea what to do about this? Can I not get grafts until the end of summer or something? Never had an issue with this before I got Seasons.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2509 on: April 27, 2019, 03:06:57 PM »

I'm having an issue where plants on other lots than my own just don't seem to be growing so I can get a graft of them. My founder is almost to young adult. It's mid-way through summer and despite repeated visits to the lots, I still can't take a graft of either cherry or lily. Any idea what to do about this? Can I not get grafts until the end of summer or something? Never had an issue with this before I got Seasons.

A lot of plants are seasonal now since Seasons. Much like plants unreal life. I am away from home at the moment, I know Carl has it in the gardening guide. I will link it as soon as I got home
 It will tell you wait plants grow in what seasons.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #2510 on: April 27, 2019, 03:36:24 PM »

They're both supposed to grow in summer, according to the guide.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2511 on: April 27, 2019, 03:43:20 PM »

They're both supposed to grow in summer, according to the guide.

Okay, now I'm home. I am guessing that your Sim has spent time in the area of the lot outside of their own to get the plant to grow? Have you tried to repair the game? Do you have any mods at all?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #2512 on: April 27, 2019, 05:09:12 PM »
@Rhoxi Your Sim needs to be on the lot from about 5-6AM. All plants, except those in Granite Falls, seem to grow on that schedule. If you are not there at that time, they won't grow and won't produce fruit or flowers.

It works more like dig sites now and you have to be there at the right time. I just had my Sim bring his tent and camp out overnight. Also, if you have City Living, you can buy a pomegranate from the produce stand and you may still be able to catch one in the pond in Sylvan Glade.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2513 on: April 27, 2019, 05:34:11 PM »
@Rhoxi Your Sim needs to be on the lot from about 5-6AM. All plants, except those in Granite Falls, seem to grow on that schedule. If you are not there at that time, they won't grow and won't produce fruit or flowers.

It works more like dig sites now and you have to be there at the right time. I just had my Sim bring his tent and camp out overnight. Also, if you have City Living, you can buy a pomegranate from the produce stand and you may still be able to catch one in the pond in Sylvan Glade.

Thanks @reggikko

This is the same info I am getting. But the strange thing is, I always remember that it was always like this, even before Seasons.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #2514 on: April 27, 2019, 05:46:58 PM »
You've always had to be on the lot, but it's new that the growth and flowering is limited to that 1-hour or so time frame.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2515 on: April 27, 2019, 05:56:34 PM »
You've always had to be on the lot, but it's new that the growth and flowering is limited to that 1-hour or so time frame.

Never picked up on the new growth time, I will add this to my ever-growing list of notes.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #2516 on: April 27, 2019, 08:52:41 PM »

I did fish up a pomegranate. Good to know about the 5-6am window. I'll try that and let you know if that works to get the lily. Thanks for the suggestions, guys!

EDIT: The 5-6am spawn time worked! @reggikko

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2517 on: April 28, 2019, 02:10:29 PM »

I did fish up a pomegranate. Good to know about the 5-6am window. I'll try that and let you know if that works to get the lily. Thanks for the suggestions, guys!

EDIT: The 5-6am spawn time worked! @reggikko

Glad you got it figured out.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2518 on: May 10, 2019, 09:56:25 PM »
Hi guys!  *Waves at team*  I'm back and I'm gonna try one more time to see how far I get.  It's a bit more difficult at the moment but Ms. Stubborn over here is not letting a little thing like half a brain, (ok, maybe more than half), stop me from writing and doing a new IDC.  I've pulled in a lost to the Simiverse gal that I resurrected and "improved", called Ima Cook.  Yeah, she's goin' for Culinary career of course.  Day 2 springtime and she hasn't spent a moment home yet but is fishing, gathering and cooking, and soon will be gardening as well.  I'm going to try adding a bit of no buy to my game but that may be too hard right now.  Wish me good things with this.  I'll be "watching" this thread for anything new.  (Re-reading every single note at the moment).  Onward and upward!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2519 on: May 10, 2019, 10:00:10 PM »
Hi guys!  *Waves at team*  I'm back and I'm gonna try one more time to see how far I get.  It's a bit more difficult at the moment but Ms. Stubborn over here is not letting a little thing like half a brain, (ok, maybe more than half), stop me from writing and doing a new IDC.  I've pulled in a lost to the Simiverse gal that I resurrected and "improved", called Ima Cook.  Yeah, she's goin' for Culinary career of course.  Day 2 springtime and she hasn't spent a moment home yet but is fishing, gathering and cooking, and soon will be gardening as well.  I'm going to try adding a bit of no buy to my game but that may be too hard right now.  Wish me good things with this.  I'll be "watching" this thread for anything new.  (Re-reading every single note at the moment).  Onward and upward!

Slow and steady Joria. You can do it. Welcome back. We are always here if you need anything.

Shannon