Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 719880 times)

Offline Meg

• Townie
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2865 on: April 28, 2022, 04:41:20 PM »
Thank you, Shannon! I did already move her in but in line with the new rule as it happens. 1/3 of the household funds seemed the fairest way to do it to me.

Online sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2866 on: May 17, 2022, 02:14:32 PM »
Added Spreadsheet for Collections

A spreadsheet for Collections has been added to the main thread and in this post for keeping better track of what you have and what you still need.

Sims 4 Collections

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2867 on: June 16, 2022, 12:29:08 PM »
Good afternoon pack,

As with all new packs/EPS, please give us time to purchase and test the pack for use in the Dynasties.

Thanks your local Alphas.

Online sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2868 on: June 21, 2022, 03:09:30 PM »
Pack Settings Added

In the rule set, we have added "PackSettings" All pack setting in the Game Options menu includes Bust the Dust, Eco Lifestyle, Cottage Living, Werewolves, & Lifestyles all players' choice.

Lunar Cycles are Player Choice.

Pack Setting>All Packs>Player Choice(Unless noted)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #2869 on: June 21, 2022, 05:52:00 PM »

What are the rules regarding animals - both from Cats and Dogs EP and Cottage Living EP and extended lives? I'm seeing some options to give them treats to make them live longer or maybe even be immortal. Also the aspiration from Cottage Living says something about animals living longer lives when completed.

Obviously anything that extends the life of a sim person is off limits, but whats the verdict in regard to animals?

Online sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2870 on: June 21, 2022, 06:22:44 PM »

What are the rules regarding animals - both from Cats and Dogs EP and Cottage Living EP and extended lives? I'm seeing some options to give them treats to make them live longer or maybe even be immortal. Also the aspiration from Cottage Living says something about animals living longer lives when completed.

Obviously anything that extends the life of a sim person is off limits, but whats the verdict in regard to animals?

No rules have been added on animals, as they have no goals in dynasty.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #2871 on: June 21, 2022, 06:33:41 PM »

Yay! I was hoping it was okay, because I couldn't find any rules about it, but I wanted to double check. Thank you for the fast response!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #2872 on: July 03, 2022, 01:56:16 PM »

Help! I think my sim just got impregnated through an alien abduction. What are the rules on this kind of alien baby?

Online sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2873 on: July 03, 2022, 02:21:31 PM »

Help! I think my sim just got impregnated through an alien abduction. What are the rules on this kind of alien baby?

Children that result from your Sim having been abducted and impregnated are not allowed to become heir.  When the child is born, the player can choose to keep the baby as a spare household member (non-immortals) or choose to return the alien baby to the homeworld.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #2874 on: July 18, 2022, 06:24:05 PM »
Long time watcher, first time calling (in a minute.. ha. You guys have missed me I can tell).  Anywho. I've quoted the rules where I seem to be missing something/need clarification.

From the spreadsheet and my past experience with the IDC I've been working on. I know that you can get SIX additional items for (1) Top Notch Toddler, (2) Llamacorn Scout, (3) Complete a Child Aspiration, (4) A in Elementary & High School, (5) Earn an A at Uni, and (6) Get your degree.  But the university qualifiers aren't in the rules anywhere I can find beyond the mention on the rule clarification note from November 26, 2019. The Degree/A being the only 2 a founder can earn extra. 

Now the line also says an additional 2 items without saying how or when or why and I can't find a ruling stating where they might have come from either. I was dusting off a game and decided to double check details and then apparently lost some details along the way.

Finishing Up and the Immortals’ Museum
After your Founder and the next seven generations have each contributed their eight items** to the Immortal Family Museum, you can add up the value of these 64 objects. You can call it your final “score” if you wish, but Dynasty challenges are not about competition or placing high in a world ranking — that role is filled by the Tournament Challenges. Dynasties are relaxed and everyone is encouraged to share strategies and tips throughout their journeys.

**Players can increase the value of their Immortal Family Museum by having an heir contribute six additional museum items (for a total of 14 of a given type) if the heir maxes all five of their toddler's skills, completes a Childhood Aspiration, Completes Scouts and/or Drama Club and gets an A in school (as a Child and a Teen). Plus add TWO more for a total of EIGHT bonus items.

Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Online sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2875 on: July 18, 2022, 08:43:20 PM »
Long time watcher, first time calling (in a minute.. ha. You guys have missed me I can tell).  Anywho. I've quoted the rules where I seem to be missing something/need clarification.

From the spreadsheet and my past experience with the IDC I've been working on. I know that you can get SIX additional items for (1) Top Notch Toddler, (2) Llamacorn Scout, (3) Complete a Child Aspiration, (4) A in Elementary & High School, (5) Earn an A at Uni, and (6) Get your degree.  But the university qualifiers aren't in the rules anywhere I can find beyond the mention on the rule clarification note from November 26, 2019. The Degree/A being the only 2 a founder can earn extra. 

Now the line also says an additional 2 items without saying how or when or why and I can't find a ruling stating where they might have come from either. I was dusting off a game and decided to double check details and then apparently lost some details along the way.

Finishing Up and the Immortals’ Museum
After your Founder and the next seven generations have each contributed their eight items** to the Immortal Family Museum, you can add up the value of these 64 objects. You can call it your final “score” if you wish, but Dynasty challenges are not about competition or placing high in a world ranking — that role is filled by the Tournament Challenges. Dynasties are relaxed and everyone is encouraged to share strategies and tips throughout their journeys.

**Players can increase the value of their Immortal Family Museum by having an heir contribute six additional museum items (for a total of 14 of a given type) if the heir maxes all five of their toddler's skills, completes a Childhood Aspiration, Completes Scouts and/or Drama Club and gets an A in school (as a Child and a Teen). Plus add TWO more for a total of EIGHT bonus items.

If a sim/heir only completes Scouts, they only get one extra piece. If they only get an as a child but not a teen then they only get one extra piece. So there is a possible eight extra pieces

So if your
Max all toddler skills = 1 extra
Childhood Aspiration = 1 extra
If they complete Scouts OR Drama = 1 extra
Complete both Scouts AND Drama = 2 extra
gets an A as a child & Teen = 2 extra

Earn an A in Uni = 1 extra
Earn a Degree = 1 extra

Offline cyclonenic

• Townie
« Reply #2876 on: July 27, 2022, 09:02:41 AM »
What do people do at present if playing an IDC with the recent removal of whims? It looks like emotional tied wants are not a thing with the new wants and fears system? Thanks

Online sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2877 on: July 27, 2022, 10:04:38 AM »
What do people do at present if playing an IDC with the recent removal of whims? It looks like emotional tied wants are not a thing with the new wants and fears system? Thanks

We are in the process of working this out. Please hang tight while we work thru this one.

Shannon

Online sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2878 on: July 27, 2022, 04:43:34 PM »
With Sims 4 doing away with Whims. We are opening the floor to suggestions for the 24-48 hours for replacements for this requirement. Otherwise, we will remove that requirement and only have 7 Immortal requirements going forward for the founders and heirs.

Thanks for your help.

The Challenge Team.

Offline Meg

• Townie
« Reply #2879 on: July 28, 2022, 05:46:37 AM »
I haven’t played much with the new system yet, but from what I’ve read the big changes are wants come in long-term, short-term and immediate, and there’s a fears system, so could something be done with that? Instead of seven emotional whims, immortals have to complete 4 long-term wants and overcome three fears? Or something along those lines.

Or something else I thought could be fun, could each immortal have to complete a unique achievement? Even if you discount the ones that use multiple sims, there’s still plenty that a single sim can complete.