Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 705444 times)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2565 on: June 21, 2019, 09:36:33 PM »

Updated:

Qualifying Career list updated to include Conservationist

Offline sone

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Townie
« Reply #2566 on: June 24, 2019, 07:22:33 PM »
With the addition of Island living will we have a new lot(s) available, or is it still up in the air?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2567 on: June 24, 2019, 07:34:17 PM »
I will be posting an update on the lots this week. There are so many to choose from.

Thanks
Shannon

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2568 on: June 25, 2019, 07:48:19 PM »
Updated:

Added New Dynasty lots to the Lot's and Worlds to choose.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #2569 on: July 01, 2019, 11:42:50 PM »
Sorry for the (probably) inane and dumb questions, but you should know that me and inane/dumb questions go hand in hand by now, especially the challenge team members.

Re The Bodybuilder Aspiration being banned - I know this is because of it extending their life - does that mean sims such as the pre created Young Adult J Huntington III who starts with Bodybuilder Aspiration can't be brought into the household? Or can they as long as they change Aspirations? If not, can such sims be used for Good Friends requirements? In any case, I presume there's no restriction on having them in your club?

I know there's at least one pre created sim that is pregnant at start of game. Can such a Sim be brought into the household if they are still Young Adult, or does the pregnancy mean they are off limits?

Also, re founder and their traits. The rules state that traits are players choice for the founder. But later on, it talks about created sims needing at least one 'bad' trait. Does that requirement include the Founder, or is that meaning further Sims you create? It seems as though there's something in the rules about being able to create further sims down the line to help with the issue of the town dying out or something. Does this also include toddlers born in game?

Are spares/spouses/helpers able to spend any points they earn on rewards that will help targeted immortals as we could in the Sims 3 version of the ID or are the targeted immortals restricted to using rewards that they earned. EG Spouse of Founder tops up on Moodlet Solvers ... can spouse give moodlet solvers earned to founder?

Also, re the rules around club perks vs lot traits ... I'm going the club perks route ... if you create multiple clubs do they all have to have the same club perks, or can they have different perks, particularly the 'adult skilling' perk restriction? As in club A has the fishing skill bonus, club B programming skill bonus, club C writing skill bonus. Or Clubs A, B, C all have to have fishing skill bonus or no skill bonuses?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #2570 on: July 02, 2019, 08:50:41 AM »
@Deklitch

1. You can just change the aspiration. The ban is against completing it (though it's one of the easiest ones to complete even without trying so I just changed ASAP during my attempts)

2. It's fine to bring in a pregnant townie if you really want to use up that household slot.

3. The "bad trait" is only for your one optional chance at repopulating your town with created sims. Otherwise traits are your choice.

4. The ban on spouses/spares/etc. contributing is only for heirs' museum contributions. Otherwise they can help you stock up on moodlet solvers and potions of youth and grow your ambrosia ingredients.

5. The adult skilling perks are the only ones restricted...I always interpreted the rule as "one perk only" to make it fair with the lot traits one (since you only have one home lot and one unchanging trait). But to be honest I don't play with either nowadays, not the question I should be answering. :-\
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2571 on: July 02, 2019, 01:03:31 PM »
Good afternoon @Deklitch,

I had some problems getting on the site this morning, but Trip pretty much answered everything.

As for the perks, you are only allowed one adult skilling perk.
Club Perks Route -- Only one adult skill boosting club perk allowed, no limit on other perks.  You are not allowed to have any lot traits.  (Adult Skill Boosting Club Perks List)
So no matter how many clubs, you can only have ONE skilling perk, so if you pick "creative" that's it. no more.

Shannon

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #2572 on: July 02, 2019, 10:09:34 PM »
Thanks Trip and Shannon,

It was all as I thought, I was wanting to make sure I was understanding it properly. Next problem: lot selection

So, as I was trying to play it and get started, I was having trouble with the choosing of a lot. I initially chose the fame expansion pack world and Chateau Peak. I moved the Sim into an empty lot and then tried to move him to the lot and bulldoze the lot via his phone, but was told he couldn't afford to do so. So I then upped his money and it allowed him to do it and also autocompleted the first part of his chosen aspiration - one of the money ones. Which I thought was probably not meant to happen. So, while I kept playing, this between me asking and Trip answering, I decided it would be practising things. I've restarted, and chose to start in Newcrest as I know that lot didn't require me to bulldoze houses and/or kick anyone out/rehouse them.

Anyway, my question is ... did I miss something extremely obvious when it came to choosing a lot for the founder and getting it ready. I had the instructions from post 1 in this thread printed out and next to me, so I tried my best. However, can you please re-explain the process to me?

Thank you

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2573 on: July 02, 2019, 10:12:15 PM »
Thanks Trip and Shannon,

It was all as I thought, I was wanting to make sure I was understanding it properly. Next problem: lot selection

So, as I was trying to play it and get started, I was having trouble with the choosing of a lot. I initially chose the fame expansion pack world and Chateau Peak. I moved the Sim into an empty lot and then tried to move him to the lot and bulldoze the lot via his phone, but was told he couldn't afford to do so. So I then upped his money and it allowed him to do it and also autocompleted the first part of his chosen aspiration - one of the money ones. Which I thought was probably not meant to happen. So, while I kept playing, this between me asking and Trip answering, I decided it would be practising things. I've restarted, and chose to start in Newcrest as I know that lot didn't require me to bulldoze houses and/or kick anyone out/rehouse them.

Anyway, my question is ... did I miss something extremely obvious when it came to choosing a lot for the founder and getting it ready. I had the instructions from post 1 in this thread printed out and next to me, so I tried my best. However, can you please re-explain the process to me?

Thank you

You move him to an empty lot first, go into "manage worlds" then bulldoze the lot you want to use. Exit manage worlds and then use the phone to move to the newly bulldozed lot.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #2574 on: July 02, 2019, 10:22:45 PM »
Aha, I missed the manage worlds bit. Thanks

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2575 on: July 03, 2019, 01:05:15 PM »
Clarification of rule about lot traits, vs. clubs.  If you are doing a lot in Sulani, which has a non-removable lot trait, are you therefor constrained from being able to choose clubs, and if this is the case, are you only allowed the trait imposed on the lot?  I see this as a removal of our ability to choose which we want to do and a possible hindrance to using the otherwise wonderful Sulani as an official ID.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2576 on: July 03, 2019, 01:35:30 PM »
Clarification of rule about lot traits, vs. clubs.  If you are doing a lot in Sulani, which has a non-removable lot trait, are you therefor constrained from being able to choose clubs, and if this is the case, are you only allowed the trait imposed on the lot?  I see this as a removal of our ability to choose which we want to do and a possible hindrance to using the otherwise wonderful Sulani as an official ID.

Hang on Joria, waiting for clarification.

Shannon

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #2577 on: July 03, 2019, 04:45:21 PM »
Has a determination been made for mermaid life states in the household?

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2578 on: July 04, 2019, 08:34:13 AM »

Good morning Joria,

Since EA has locked that trait to those lots, you are still free to choose from Lot Traits or Club Traits.  That one trait is not a skilling in any way so it's fine to still choose from which trait route you want to go.

@dontmindme

Mermaids are fine, but if you see anything odd or life-extending that hasn't been noticed yet, please let me know ASAP so I can test it out. I am still playing with them but nothing really has jumped out at me.

Shannon

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2579 on: July 04, 2019, 01:42:57 PM »
Thanks, Shannon. Now all I need do is figure out do I want clubs or traits.  Lol.

Did you catch my question about my Sim getting a "following" of townspeople?  Going back in to see if she still has them following her around and winding up dead.  Posted in IL I think under "Buggy".
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

anything