Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 719939 times)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2790 on: April 19, 2021, 03:21:31 PM »
I'm having an aspiration glitch, one that I know has had problem off and on quite frequently: Successful Linage. It's not registering have a child/grandchild reach the top of a career, which I know can trigger from a teen reaching the top of a part-time job. The teen has reached the top of a part-time job twice and i'm going for a third in hopes of it clicking but if it doesn't I was wondering if I could count it or enter the cheat to advance it, since it's the only part of the aspiration left.

I also have wondered for a long time about a specific bit of the museum contribution, the part that say that ' It's really important to understand that each heir must put in all the work for their collection items'. Do I need the heir in question to grow all the ingredients if their planned contribution is a meal? I was thinking of doing ambrosia, but didn't want to invalidate it by harvesting death flowers someone else grew, or using fish someone else caught if thats considered not in the spirit of doing all the work themselves.
As for the museum pieces, yes, the sim in question, yes, they   would have to grow the death flower and get their own angelfish.

Offline sone

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Townie
« Reply #2791 on: April 19, 2021, 03:25:10 PM »
I'm having an aspiration glitch, one that I know has had problem off and on quite frequently: Successful Linage. It's not registering have a child/grandchild reach the top of a career, which I know can trigger from a teen reaching the top of a part-time job. The teen has reached the top of a part-time job twice and i'm going for a third in hopes of it clicking but if it doesn't I was wondering if I could count it or enter the cheat to advance it, since it's the only part of the aspiration left.

I also have wondered for a long time about a specific bit of the museum contribution, the part that say that ' It's really important to understand that each heir must put in all the work for their collection items'. Do I need the heir in question to grow all the ingredients if their planned contribution is a meal? I was thinking of doing ambrosia, but didn't want to invalidate it by harvesting death flowers someone else grew, or using fish someone else caught if thats considered not in the spirit of doing all the work themselves.
As for the museum pieces, yes, the sim in question, yes, they   would have to grow the death flower and get their own angelfish.

Would it be alright for them to grow a deathflower from harvesting another plant, or do they need to harvest/grow all the way from the initial apple, cherry, snapdragon and lilly?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2792 on: April 19, 2021, 03:27:54 PM »

As for the museum pieces, yes, the sim in question, yes, they would have to grow the death flower and get their own angelfish.

Would it be alright for them to grow a deathflower from harvesting another plant, or do they need to harvest/grow all the way from the initial apple, cherry, snapdragon, and Lilly?
Yes that it is fine to grow from a harvested deathflower. As long as the deathflower used in the ambrosia was grown and harvested by the sim.

Offline angelD

• Nooboo
« Reply #2793 on: April 21, 2021, 02:34:17 PM »
Question, can you bring a friend into the home via "ask to move in" and use him to help populate the world around you? Like my founder is a guy and lets say he becomes best buds with Marcus Flex. Can he ask him to move in and basically Marcus has a permanent home but helps pollinate a bit in town? Just to keep the generations moving?

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #2794 on: April 21, 2021, 02:38:58 PM »
@angelD: yes and feel free to ask me for tips! It's always Marcus isn't it? :P (Before him I try to grab an elder NPC...been ages since I've looked for a gardener or fisher and they've been known to not appear but they're my favorite resource if they do. Riding out the over-exerted buffs isn't that difficult)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline angelD

• Nooboo
« Reply #2795 on: April 21, 2021, 04:58:34 PM »
@angelD: yes and feel free to ask me for tips! It's always Marcus isn't it? :P (Before him I try to grab an elder NPC...been ages since I've looked for a gardener or fisher and they've been known to not appear but they're my favorite resource if they do. Riding out the over-exerted buffs isn't that difficult)

Thank you! I admit I'm a little nervous as I have never not used MC Command Center and switched households to kinda give more character to the families.

Offline angelD

• Nooboo
« Reply #2796 on: April 24, 2021, 09:20:05 AM »
Can I use the cheat Modify in CAS for my NPCs? Is it legit to change their names, bodies and clothing?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2797 on: April 24, 2021, 07:41:21 PM »
Can I use the cheat Modify in CAS for my NPCs? Is it legit to change their names, bodies and clothing?

Good evening angelD, Sorry so late getting back to you, I've been out all day long. Sorry, you can not use any cheats on the NPC's in the dynasty. The only changes that can be made would be if you bring them into the household and then they are in the household until they die. You would still not be able to use the cheat to change the body or name.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2798 on: April 24, 2021, 09:23:42 PM »
@angelD: a lot of that stuff is available with Change Sim (option at the mirror/dresser/closet) without any cheats, but yeah it's limited to household members. There's nothing against changing the outfits of NPCs if you can get them near a closet and that's a good 90% of what makes NPCs offensive anyways.

While we put a limit on when and how often you can change the gender status of a sim, there's a lot more open in Change Sim and we've never found a reason to ban it. Without any cheats enabled, you can still change the name, facial features, skintone, and body shape of a sim except for their weight and fitness. It doesn't affect age or the actual challenge.

Offline angelD

• Nooboo
« Reply #2799 on: April 25, 2021, 08:21:28 AM »
@angelD: a lot of that stuff is available with Change Sim (option at the mirror/dresser/closet) without any cheats, but yeah it's limited to household members. There's nothing against changing the outfits of NPCs if you can get them near a closet and that's a good 90% of what makes NPCs offensive anyways.

While we put a limit on when and how often you can change the gender status of a sim, there's a lot more open in Change Sim and we've never found a reason to ban it. Without any cheats enabled, you can still change the name, facial features, skintone, and body shape of a sim except for their weight and fitness. It doesn't affect age or the actual challenge.

How do you do that? I have never really used a closet for NPCs and had no idea that was possible. Yeah, the most offensive is the closet vomit, I call it, and the mismatching hair & skin tones; but I'm glad there's a way to do it without cheats.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2800 on: April 25, 2021, 09:15:15 AM »
@angelD as long as you're on a lot with a closet, there's an option to "Change Outfit Of..." any sim on the lot. Really glad this doesn't reset age unlike the styling station in TS3!

Offline angelD

• Nooboo
« Reply #2801 on: April 26, 2021, 05:41:26 PM »
Can you buy the angelfish from a vendor in The Realm?

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2802 on: April 26, 2021, 07:02:20 PM »
Can you buy the angelfish from a vendor in The Realm?

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=22195.msg496087#msg496087
Can I purchase Angelfish and Deathflowers for Ambrosia?
-- Yes and No ---- No, Angelfish must be caught via fishing by your sim. Yes, Deathflower can be purchased but it must be planted as a seed and grown in the garden.

Offline Meg

• Townie
« Reply #2803 on: May 04, 2021, 09:23:15 AM »
Are you allowed to purchase pomegranate? I assume yes since you can purchase death flowers, but just to check.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2804 on: May 04, 2021, 09:27:40 AM »
Are you allowed to purchase pomegranate? I assume yes since you can purchase death flowers, but just to check.

Yes you may, as long as your sim plants the fruit and grows it.

anything