Author Topic: The Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge  (Read 129714 times)

Offline Antalia

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #135 on: April 17, 2017, 12:53:30 PM »
Thank you MarianT  :)

Some other questions:
  • We get a free day after the 50th point is earned, right?
  • Getting the 10th skill point in the controlled Sim's designated skill earns 3 points, right? (2 for maxing a skill + 1 for gaining a point in the designated skill = 3 points)
  • It's okay to duplicate child aspirations between different heirs, right? (It's just teen/adult ones that may not be duplicated?)
  • If household funds or the controlled Sim's satisfaction points reach a milestone on a free day, then we don't count points for that milestone, right?
  • If I forget to count a point and notice it later, after a free day was taken, and that point would have caused the free day to be a little earlier--that's the end of that Hall of Fame attempt, right?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #136 on: April 17, 2017, 01:31:01 PM »
Thank you MarianT  :)

Some other questions:
  • We get a free day after the 50th point is earned, right?
  • Getting the 10th skill point in the controlled Sim's designated skill earns 3 points, right? (2 for maxing a skill + 1 for gaining a point in the designated skill = 3 points)
  • It's okay to duplicate child aspirations between different heirs, right? (It's just teen/adult ones that may not be duplicated?)
  • If household funds or the controlled Sim's satisfaction points reach a milestone on a free day, then we don't count points for that milestone, right?
  • If I forget to count a point and notice it later, after a free day was taken, and that point would have caused the free day to be a little earlier--that's the end of that Hall of Fame attempt, right?

Yes to questions 1 through 4. As for 5, I don't think you would necessarily be disqualified. Just don't count the point. For example, you might have picked up enough satisfaction points to get to your 1000th, but didn't realize that until after the free day. So just require your Sim to get another 1000 points. Deliberately not counting points to avoid having a free day until later would be considered cheating, though.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline fanofaband

• Occult
« Reply #137 on: April 17, 2017, 03:50:10 PM »
Just a few quick questions before I start a file.

1.  Is it possible to do this (or any dynasty, really) with just the base game?
2.  Do selfies come with an expansion or is it in the base game as well?
3.  If #2 isn't in the base game, is my only option to paint my founder/heirs with a mirror?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #138 on: April 17, 2017, 04:12:42 PM »
Just a few quick questions before I start a file.

1.  Is it possible to do this (or any dynasty, really) with just the base game?
2.  Do selfies come with an expansion or is it in the base game as well?
3.  If #2 isn't in the base game, is my only option to paint my founder/heirs with a mirror?

1. Yes -- we've tried to make each of the 3 dynasty challenges possible with the base game.
2. I think you need photography for selfies, which came with Get to Work.
3. If you don't have photography, you can omit the selfies. But it's fairly easy to set up a mirror next to an easel. The portrait doesn't have to be good or show a full face.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #139 on: April 23, 2017, 10:35:06 AM »
One of the households I am contemplating having my second generation move into has the Serviced Appartment trait, where a maid shows up each day.

How will this affect my points? It's not like I am choosing to hire a maid, but it is a perk. Would I have to pay 1 point a day, or can I just discount it. I would be happy to take a -5 point penalty if this means it is only a one time thing.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #140 on: April 23, 2017, 12:05:39 PM »
One of the households I am contemplating having my second generation move into has the Serviced Appartment trait, where a maid shows up each day.

How will this affect my points? It's not like I am choosing to hire a maid, but it is a perk. Would I have to pay 1 point a day, or can I just discount it. I would be happy to take a -5 point penalty if this means it is only a one time thing.

The 5 point penalty sounds about right. You can spread it out over your 10-point bunches if you want.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #141 on: April 23, 2017, 01:18:45 PM »

The 5 point penalty sounds about right. You can spread it out over your 10-point bunches if you want.

Great to know!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #142 on: June 23, 2017, 08:03:34 AM »
Added:

1 point for each character trait achieved by a Sim aging up from teen to YA.

The climbing wall is also included in things that can be added to community lots.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #143 on: June 23, 2017, 01:16:15 PM »
If my heir marries an elder and that elder dies before an heir is conceived, is that a fail or can I  still get an hair through adoption/another partner as long as it's within the 10 days?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #144 on: June 23, 2017, 02:43:01 PM »
As long as it's within 10 days, you're good.

Offline MxRainbow

• Nooboo
« Reply #146 on: June 27, 2017, 07:02:03 PM »
Hi there! Long time lurker here. Quick question. Can you move in other non-heir Sims to the household? For example, could you move the previous heir in with the new heir family as long as they were not controlled? I'm not sure if if this was asked earlier in the thread, but I read through it a few times and didn't see anything. Thank you! I'm excited to try this out. I've never done a legacy or dynasty before.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #147 on: June 27, 2017, 07:36:57 PM »
Hi there! Long time lurker here. Quick question. Can you move in other non-heir Sims to the household? For example, could you move the previous heir in with the new heir family as long as they were not controlled? I'm not sure if if this was asked earlier in the thread, but I read through it a few times and didn't see anything. Thank you! I'm excited to try this out. I've never done a legacy or dynasty before.

Welcome to the forum! Yes, you can move in helpers, and I don't see a reason against moving in the heir's parent. But you can't move anyone out after you've moved the person in.

Offline MxRainbow

• Nooboo
« Reply #148 on: June 28, 2017, 12:58:24 AM »

Welcome to the forum! Yes, you can move in helpers, and I don't see a reason against moving in the heir's parent. But you can't move anyone out after you've moved the person in.

Cool. Thanks for the clarification!

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #149 on: June 28, 2017, 02:49:37 AM »

Cool!

anything