Author Topic: The Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge  (Read 131493 times)

Offline Vesper

• Occult
Re: The Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #465 on: February 03, 2020, 10:28:21 AM »
Just wanted to bump this as would like to check the university rulings before starting a dynasty again

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #466 on: February 03, 2020, 12:32:54 PM »
Thanks for the spreadsheet Lena! I'm so excited about my new Lilith Pleasant dynasty.

Some questions about university:
*You get a point for each time you get an A in a course. Is this for marks of A and A+ only or does A- count?

Sorry about being late with this @Vesper. I must have missed seeing it. I guess A- can count as well.

*If a character you don't control finishes their semester can we select to have them sign up for another?

On a free day, yes. Otherwise, no.

*When do you count the points for a degree/ distinguished degree? When you get the final grades or after graduation the following day?

Does it make that much difference? Either one sounds okay to me.

*Presumably the Study Spot lot trait is added to the list of skill building lot traits?

Yes.

Also, now you can earn points on a free day what happens if you get another 10 points? Do you extend the free day to end 24 hours from that moment or do you add on 24 hours to the end of the original day?

Add 24 hours to the end of the original day.

Plus can heirs buy satisfaction rewards after control switches to them but before they move into their next home? This is usually a time that you can't lose (or gain) points but as you note "Satisfaction rewards bought upon completion of an aspiration are free" I was worried that was the only time they are free.

The only time satisfaction rewards are free now is upon the completion of an aspiration.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #467 on: February 03, 2020, 12:54:43 PM »
Thanks Marian.

I tested gen one with a non-played student and they did ok without supervision, even getting the occasional A, but don't think it's the best strategy.

Whatever I do for degree point scoring I'll be consistent within the challenge. I love the pack so a few heirs will study. Interesting fact - the time after you finish your course and get your grades, but before you graduate you are called a graduand.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #468 on: February 14, 2020, 10:43:00 AM »
urgh forgot that non-played sims could now lose points on free days and bought loads of potions. First gen so easy to restart thankfully

Offline Shmeggo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #469 on: April 11, 2020, 05:39:50 PM »
I’m starting another attempt of this challenge and have a question about collections: If a founder/heir chooses meals or drinks for their 10 items, how do we keep them from becoming spoiled once they’re placed in the museum? Or is there really no way to prevent this?

Thank you in advance!

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #470 on: April 11, 2020, 05:44:53 PM »
@Shmeggo: no way to prevent it, but they should still retain some of their worth. Ambrosia does at least (I don't really keep other food around for prolonged time sorry!)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Shmeggo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #471 on: April 11, 2020, 05:53:56 PM »
Ah, I see. Thanks, @Trip!

Just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything I needed to do to prevent the spoiling before placing in the museum. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shmeggo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #472 on: April 14, 2020, 03:49:26 PM »
I have an additional question regarding the point for adding $30,000 to the household funds. Since the initial amount upon move-in changes when items are bought for the house or Sims spend money on food and such, do we need to manually keep track of income brought in to accurately count the $30,000? I haven't been doing that, but probably should have been.  :(

Also, when a Sim maxes their unique skill and picks up another designated skill, are they able to gain points each time they increase their skill level or do we only count the two points once it's maxed?

Thanks again!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #473 on: April 14, 2020, 06:02:57 PM »
I have an additional question regarding the point for adding $30,000 to the household funds. Since the initial amount upon move-in changes when items are bought for the house or Sims spend money on food and such, do we need to manually keep track of income brought in to accurately count the $30,000? I haven't been doing that, but probably should have been.  :(

No. Just write down the household amount when you move in, and add 2 points every time that increases by $30,000. Don't bother subtracting what you spend on food and furniture.

Also, when a Sim maxes their unique skill and picks up another designated skill, are they able to gain points each time they increase their skill level or do we only count the two points once it's maxed?

You get to count each increased level of 2nd designated skill. For example, let's say that your Sim maxed mixology and then chose gourmet cooking as the next designated skill. If she was already at level 3 of gourmet cooking, then when she got to level 4, she would get a point.

Thanks again!

Offline Shmeggo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #474 on: April 14, 2020, 08:54:15 PM »
Thank you, MarianT!

I think I’m still a little confused about the $30,000. I wrote down the household’s funds upon move-in, which was $14,000, but since the number has changed quite a bit from redecorating the house, I’m not sure how I would know when the $14,000 has been increased by $30,000 unless I count everyone’s earnings. I think I’m probably confusing myself and making this more complicated than it actually is.  :)

No. Just write down the household amount when you move in, and add 2 points every time that increases by $30,000. Don't bother subtracting what you spend on food and furniture.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #475 on: April 15, 2020, 07:14:46 AM »
Thank you, MarianT!

I think I’m still a little confused about the $30,000. I wrote down the household’s funds upon move-in, which was $14,000, but since the number has changed quite a bit from redecorating the house, I’m not sure how I would know when the $14,000 has been increased by $30,000 unless I count everyone’s earnings. I think I’m probably confusing myself and making this more complicated than it actually is.  :)

When your household income is at $44,000, give yourself the 2 points.

Offline Shmeggo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #476 on: April 17, 2020, 03:48:46 PM »
Oh, I see. That makes sense now. Thanks for all of your help, MarianT!

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #477 on: September 22, 2020, 05:49:32 PM »
The spreadsheet is updated for the Museum items and skills as of today. Sul-Sul

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #478 on: September 22, 2020, 06:05:55 PM »
The spreadsheet is updated for the Museum items and skills as of today. Sul-Sul

Thanks, Shannon!

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #479 on: October 10, 2020, 07:05:08 PM »
I have a question about starting with a child founder, related to aging them up.  Are we doing that with birthday cakes back to back or through CAS to age them from child to young adult?

I have been toying with the idea of starting this dynasty.  It is the one I was in the middle of in Sims 3 when I moved to Sims 4.  Still not sure I am sane, but here I am.

EDIT
I am thinking changing their age in CAS would be allowed since that is the only way to back an Adult/Elder to Young Adult.  Just had that part sink in
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007