Author Topic: The Power of 10 Dynasty  (Read 70353 times)

Offline mariposa1127

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Power of 10 Dynasty
« Reply #195 on: October 25, 2019, 09:29:13 PM »
Does a Wedding and a Birthday count as parties?  I know that dates don't count.

Unless I'm missing something (which is very possible) in order to complete the ten gigs I would need to quit my career or start them before my Sims career.  Would that be correct?

Thanks!

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #196 on: October 25, 2019, 11:14:45 PM »
Does a Wedding and a Birthday count as parties?  I know that dates don't count.

Unless I'm missing something (which is very possible) in order to complete the ten gigs I would need to quit my career or start them before my Sims career.  Would that be correct?

Thanks!

Yes Wedding and Birthday's count as parties.

Correct or you can do the odd jobs also. Those can be done while doing your career.

So, I'm planning on having a go at this! It seems approachable enough for my first attempt at a dynasty, plus it's the hot new thing in terms of challenges - what's not to like? I've played a little dry run of a first generation, partly to get a handle on what I need to achieve, but mainly to acquaint myself with what normal gamespeed is like, and things went well enough. I mean, I didn't actually meet all the requirements in time, but that was only 'cause I knew I was only playing for the one gen...

Many of the questions that crossed my mind during the test have been asked and answered here before: spouses/spares can max anything, community lots can be lightly edited, life extension is permitted, festivals count separately for lot visits, gender customisation is fine, switchining aspirations for points is okay and clubs are allowed. Somewhat inevitably, though, I have new questions...

• Are there any restrictions on when a spouse can move into the household? Or, rather, can they move in the moment I'm sold on them becoming the spouse? Personally, I'm not likely to do so until they are formally dating my main sim, but I wouldn't mind knowing if it could be done earlier, just in case I find myself in circumstances where it might make sense...
  • Though the topic of "what lots can I add" has been brought up many times already, I'm here to dredge it back up again! Specifically, I had a crack at fleshing out Newcrest using the metric of "any Maxis lot that provides something the built-in ones elsewhere don't is allowed", and in amongst the spas and restaurants I found a pair of lots that occupy something of a grey area. Luxe Health Club, from the Spa Day pack, is listed as a gym but has plenty of spa equipment as well, and Vital Climb Gym... well, okay, it's a gym, and I really don't think it should count, but I was desperate enough for 40x30 lots that I justified its inclusion by it being the only Maxis lot to offer climbing walls and now I'd like someone to tell me that's a bit of a stretch...
  • When it comes to mods, I usually play with a few that don't affect gameplay and thus I would assume are okay: CleanUI (a return to the previous colour-coded one), Smaller Mosaic, TidyCAS, More CAS Columns and a handful of sliders for increasing the diversity of body shapes, facial details, height and so on. But then there are two others...
  • I like RoBurky's Fitness Controls since it gives you the power to change both the fat/muscle range for sims and their "metabolic rate", so to speak. By default, it slows things down, so that weight and muscle changes make a lot more sense when playing with long lifespans... or even normal ones, judging by my test game! As far as I know, sims' fat/muscle levels have no effect on the gameplay and are purely cosmetic; they're not even tied to the Fitness skill, I think, but since I'm not hugely experienced in the game's mechanics I'm willing to be corrected. The only thing I could think of was the Athletic aspiration and its goal of attaining "maximum body potential" - a little testing suggests this triggers when a sim reaches +80% muscle, so as long as the mod is set up to increase the range by more than the metabolic rate is lowered (which it is by default*), this goal will actually be harder to reach!
  • The other mod I use is, on the face of it, a no-go: MCCC. But, due to its modular nature, it's possible to strip out all of the game-changing stuff (story progression, automatic repopulation, etc.) while keeping the basics in play. The main feature I'd love to be able to keep is its autosave, but there's also the Dresser module that helps stops townies from being so unfashionable (though without the Population module I'm not sure how much it can do), aging and death notifications for NPCs ('cause I like to keep tabs on how the worlds are doing and it saves having to trawl the Unplayed Households list every now and again) and automatically pausing on arriving at a lot (because seriously). All that said, while I am reasonably confident in my ability to set the mod up so that it only does permissible things, you'd only have my word for it, and it's entirely possible that it'll act in ways that I can't anticipate or even see, so it would be entirely understandable if it were considered verboten. I probably wouldn't even ask after it if it weren't for that incredibly appealing autosave...
...that's an awful lot of text there, considering that none of my issues are all too big, so thanks in advance for any answers/counsel/healthy doses of realism!

(*specifically, a base-game percentage point is weighted by 4/7 and is covered at 1/3 of the rate, thus taking ~1.7x as long, and my current settings have the weighting as 2/3 and the rate as 2/5, which would be only marginally faster than that)

You can add spouses after you move.

Custom Content and Premium Content are fine and are to be used at your own risk. No mods or cheats are allowed with a few exceptions: lighting mods that change the look of the game are fine; Moveobjects is fine; some bugs may creep up that a mod could fix, but team permission is always necessary in these cases.

These mods have been approved by the challenge team.  If you want to use a mod but its not on this list, please contact the team for approval.
-- Any lightning mods to make indoor lights brighter.
-- Live Mode and Tab Mode Camera Mods - No Drift & Lower Level!
-- CAS Modifiers bugfix: Aging & Randomization
-- Smaller Censor / Mosaic
-- Daily Save Mod

No other mods are allowed if you are planning on going for Hall Of Fame.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sruixan

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #197 on: October 30, 2019, 11:53:30 AM »
Thanks for the response! The sanctioned mod list in particular is a great help; even if it does feel a little brave, I figure I may as well aim for the Hall Of Fame, so I'm prepared to go (almost) unmodded. That there is a recommended autosave mod on there pretty much invalidates my risky bid for MCCC's, and having played around with normal gamespeed a little more, I'd already kinda talked myself out of roBurky's Fitness Controls anyway, especially since I can replicate a lot of the aesthetic variety I'd like with CAS sliders. I had also thought in the past about getting some kind of lighting mod, so I appreciate that my reminder to do so comes in the form of a statement of their acceptance! With any luck, I might get the chance to start this evening... fingers crossed...

Offline MystiKitty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #198 on: November 09, 2019, 03:15:04 AM »
OMG! The Queen Bee has returned! Pam!!! *gives you a huge hug*

Good luck in this Dynasty. I'll be watching for a story from you (hopefully) soon. ;)

I'd love to see a Dynasty from you, Pam. I really enjoyed your Dreamweavers a lot when the Sims 3 was the thing. ^_^

Also, can't wait for the rules clarifications for Discovery University when that comes out in a week. :)

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #199 on: November 11, 2019, 09:58:32 AM »
@MystiKitty I think you need to give us atleast a week to figure things out.

Actually something I would like all the respect, please give us time to take a look at the new pack before asking or making assumptions on how we will rule.
We do this as fast as we can :)

Offline mariposa1127

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #200 on: November 14, 2019, 08:25:01 PM »
Is the heir allowed to drink potions after we have achieved 10,000 satisfaction points? Can we give other members of the households potions to drink?

Offline lepapillonrouge

• Probably Erratic
  • Townie
« Reply #201 on: November 16, 2019, 02:08:25 AM »
It’s been a long time but when I saw this dynasty I thought I could actually complete it!

Question - do the 10 parties have to be different types of parties?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #202 on: November 16, 2019, 10:51:02 AM »
It’s been a long time but when I saw this dynasty I thought I could actually complete it!

Question - do the 10 parties have to be different types of parties?

No. And welcome back. :)

Offline MystiKitty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #203 on: November 25, 2019, 08:49:18 AM »
Wow, that patch broke the challenge, huh? Guess we can't use that aspiration to track funds anymore because it adds funds from Sims that move in. We'll have to manually track our funds or change the rules saying you can't move in or marry a Sim until that requirement is complete. Thanks, EA. You just made this challenge a lot harder.  >:(

Offline MystiKitty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #204 on: November 29, 2019, 12:01:00 PM »
Okay, I am going to go out on a limb and ask about any rulings for D.U. for this Dynasty. I know this dynasty is less restrictive than others but all dynasties should keep up to date. If anyone wants any help with rulings, I can do some quick files to see how the new content can break the game.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #205 on: November 29, 2019, 12:38:05 PM »
We're incorporating DU into the dynasty; we're just waiting for responses from other team members.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #206 on: November 29, 2019, 08:21:25 PM »
Here is what's new after the addition of Discover University:

Founders cannot live in Britechester, but they can attend University classes.

Heirs may attend University: when they're eligible to move out, they go to University and take 10,000 simoleons with them. Upon graduation, they move on to a lot and continue with the dynasty requirements.

Also, an A in a course counts towards the freelance and odd jobs requirement.

The spreadsheet will be updated soon.

Offline MystiKitty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #207 on: November 29, 2019, 09:12:53 PM »
Of course Britechester isn't eligible as a Power of 10 world as there are no empty lots on it and you can't bulldoze lots, that's not allowed.

Glad to see that getting an A in university counts towards the odd jobs requirement, although my current attempt founder, Fairy Pokemon, is having less trouble with freelancing art gigs recently. She did have to cancel one because the tasks weren't completing despite doing them but somehow exiting to the main menu sort of fixed this. Of course, it takes a few days to apply for college so this is a long-term commitment.

Offline lepapillonrouge

• Probably Erratic
  • Townie
« Reply #208 on: December 03, 2019, 10:07:31 AM »
Glad to see the University rulings! Thanks for your hard work.

Can I have a little clarification regarding the rules though...so does that mean heirs have to dorm when they go to uni? And that Britchester is a world an heir can move into but not a founder? (I believe there is an empty lot, and if not, can’t we bulldoze a lot like we do in San Myshuno?)

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #209 on: December 03, 2019, 11:24:42 AM »
Glad to see the University rulings! Thanks for your hard work.

Can I have a little clarification regarding the rules though...so does that mean heirs have to dorm when they go to uni? And that Britchester is a world an heir can move into but not a founder? (I believe there is an empty lot, and if not, can’t we bulldoze a lot like we do in San Myshuno?)

Your heirs can go to uni from any lot. But we thought that players might like the full experience, which would mean living in a dorm. If you get tired of the full uni experience before completing a degree, then you move to the lot that you'll use for your dynasty family, not to the empty lot in Britechester.

anything