Author Topic: The Power of 10 Dynasty  (Read 70293 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The Power of 10 Dynasty
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2019, 02:50:25 PM »
For the collections, I know we leave them behind when the heir moves out. Does that mean we just leave them in the founder's or previous heir's house? Will they stay there if the house becomes unoccupied and/or if the game moves in another family at some point?

Can spares be adopted? Also, can a spare's life state change? In other words, if we want our previous houses to stay occupied, could a spare become a vampire and continue living in the house for the duration of the challenge?

I can't remember what happens when the house becomes unoccupied. Yes, you can adopt a spare, and you could make the spare a vampire if you like.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2019, 02:54:33 PM »
I'm repeating a previous question, but....

Once the move-out requirements are completed, does the heir move out only after their young adult birthday? Or can they move out as a teen?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2019, 03:22:00 PM »

Once the move-out requirements are completed, does the heir move out only after their young adult birthday? Or can they move out as a teen?

My recollection is that to move out as a teen, there has to be a YA or older with them. Since there are no helpers this time, I think they have to wait until their YA birthday.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2019, 04:14:16 PM »

My recollection is that to move out as a teen, there has to be a YA or older with them. Since there are no helpers this time, I think they have to wait until their YA birthday.

I just now started a new game to retest this.
Using Household Split & Merge, it's possible to move the premade teens to create single-sim households.
I tried this out successfully with Malcolm Landgraab, Sofie Bjergsen, Yuki Behr, Hugo Villareal, and Wolfgang Munch.

So, it's possible to move out a teen heir on their own. I have no idea now if I'd want to do that unless their YA birthday was approaching.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2019, 04:21:02 PM »
Getting paid by the diner to keep quiet about food poisoning counts as money earned! yay! now my sim has to get food poisoning a hundred or so more times, nah probably better ways to earn money than that. :)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2019, 05:14:49 PM »
Hey, MarianT posted this and not sure about the answer:

"Since there are NO buildings in Newcrest, and that is where I want to do my lot, can Maxis community lots, although no residences as you said, be placed there?" 

There are any number of lots I could choose but I really would like to use Newcrest but won't without community lots. So do I pick another spot? Would really like to start.  Thanks.

Oh, one more thing.  Can't do the money cheat.  Typed in testingcheats on, then hit enter.  Typed in money 10000, nothing...then money10000...nothing, then money 10000 on....nothing, then money 10000 true.  I'm baffled.  Could I maybe buy something and leave it somewhere on a community lot to use up the extra cash?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2019, 05:59:06 PM »
Hey, MarianT posted this and not sure about the answer:

"Since there are NO buildings in Newcrest, and that is where I want to do my lot, can Maxis community lots, although no residences as you said, be placed there?" 

There are any number of lots I could choose but I really would like to use Newcrest but won't without community lots. So do I pick another spot? Would really like to start.  Thanks.

Oh, one more thing.  Can't do the money cheat.  Typed in testingcheats on, then hit enter.  Typed in money 10000, nothing...then money10000...nothing, then money 10000 on....nothing, then money 10000 true.  I'm baffled.  Could I maybe buy something and leave it somewhere on a community lot to use up the extra cash?

Joria, as for the community lots, if it's not already in the game, you can place it. Maxis has already place libraries, gyms, nightclubs, museums in the game. You can place, diners, spas, cafe, etc as long as it is a Maxis build.

As for the money cheat, when you entered "testingcheats on" did it tell you that is enabled?  If not try it again. it's only  money 10000 then enter. I just tried it in game and it's working for me. Try again and see if it works.

Shannon

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2019, 06:05:22 PM »
Thanks Shannon, and thanks to oshizu who showed me what I was doing wrong.  I needed to type in a capital M then it worked.

Thanks for the ok on what I can place in Newcrest.  Too bad about having the other stuff elsewhere but really, not needed in Newcrest at the moment.  A spa, massage or yoga place would work just fine for what I want it for, showers! lol  Now for test runs.....

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2019, 06:51:23 PM »
Wait.  No cc at all?  Even cosmetic?  No lovely eye lashes and hair?

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2019, 07:15:47 PM »

There is nothing in the rules saying you can't use CAS CC. As long as those eyelashes don't give you an advantage.

Offline craterdweller

• Nooboo
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2019, 08:02:57 PM »
New here *waves hello*

Great challenge btw :D My question- may the founder and heir(s) join clubs?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2019, 08:11:10 PM »
New here *waves hello*

Great challenge btw :D My question- may the founder and heir(s) join clubs?

Welcome to the forum! Yes, we're allowing clubs in this dynasty.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2019, 09:52:33 PM »

There is nothing in the rules saying you can't use CAS CC. As long as those eyelashes don't give you an advantage.
Isn't that in the general rules? As for giving advantage, only where possible spouse is concerned, *bats eyelashes to prove point*.  So, if I wanted my Sim to be in Victorian garb it's ok?

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2019, 10:03:22 PM »

Isn't that in the general rules? As for giving advantage, only where possible spouse is concerned, *bats eyelashes to prove point*.  So, if I wanted my Sim to be in Victorian garb it's ok?

Joria, there has never been a ban on CAS CC. You can dress your sim Ole Macdonald or Jabba the Hutt. The CC is not an advantage.

Offline craterdweller

• Nooboo
« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2019, 10:07:39 PM »
@MarianT - thank you!  :)