Author Topic: The Power of 10 Dynasty  (Read 70204 times)

Offline craterdweller

• Nooboo
Re: The Power of 10 Dynasty
« Reply #135 on: September 15, 2019, 07:25:13 AM »
Is trading of collectibles with the flea market vendor allowed or is that also prohibited? Pretty sure I traded for a few of the city posters for my generation 1 collection.

I guess I can see both sides on the purchase from vendor table, but as the vendors and their items seem to be random I would have thought buying was allowed.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #136 on: September 15, 2019, 01:32:09 PM »
Just a heads up: Odd jobs that involve mailing an item to the client are broken for some people. I've had the issue with the Last Minute Beach Party (cooking kahlua pork) and the Frogs for Research. The rabbithole odd jobs appear to be working.

Bug report is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-IL-Chores-for-Odd-Jobs-not-counting-properly/td-p/8178145

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #137 on: September 15, 2019, 06:00:17 PM »
Do programming side jobs count for #6?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #138 on: September 15, 2019, 06:04:38 PM »
Do programming side jobs count for #6?

No. Gigs in the programming freelance career would count. Also gigs in freelance painting, writing, and photography, and the acting career once your Sim has reached the top of the career. Odd jobs count too if you have Island Living.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline MystiKitty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #139 on: September 16, 2019, 02:34:49 AM »
Might try this again soon, will remember to save my game before going into Manage Worlds(will use the "Just Enter Manage Worlds" option and save before I hit Manage Worlds) and CAS(and use the mirror - I had been using it to change my Sims to change their hair color for cool story moments, won't do that ever again as it might trigger the aging bug). Will probably do a more theme-based challenge. ;)

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #140 on: September 16, 2019, 10:45:39 AM »
thanks for previous responses. Sorry to ask more questions.

*Are we allowed to add spouses after moving to the new location? Or must we add them to the previous heir's home before the move? If we can add them after moving what do we do with any income they bring (i.e. do we cheat the money back to what it was before what they brought with them?)
*Can heirs pursue the mansion baron aspiration while still living with their parents or should they wait until they move?
*Similarly I presume heirs shouldn't click on to the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration until after moving. Is this correct or am I being too cautious?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #141 on: September 16, 2019, 12:17:46 PM »
thanks for previous responses. Sorry to ask more questions.

*Are we allowed to add spouses after moving to the new location? Or must we add them to the previous heir's home before the move? If we can add them after moving what do we do with any income they bring (i.e. do we cheat the money back to what it was before what they brought with them?)

You can add spouses after you move, and you don't need to cheat your money back down.

*Can heirs pursue the mansion baron aspiration while still living with their parents or should they wait until they move?
*Similarly I presume heirs shouldn't click on to the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration until after moving. Is this correct or am I being too cautious?

I think both would be okay.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #142 on: September 16, 2019, 01:19:51 PM »
cool, thanks. It felt weird to add the spouses ahead of time.

My founder won the lottery so I'm wary of giving generation 2 too many head starts before she leaves the house (but also maybe should take advantage?)

Offline MystiKitty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #143 on: September 17, 2019, 06:57:16 PM »
Well, I tried this dynasty, and the game shut down in CAS when I hadn't saved for a while, so I lost a lot of progress in Gen 2 and decided not to waste time redoing it. Turns out that the bug mentioned was a bug caused by exiting CAS while your Sim, if he's a spellcaster, was doing his idle animation(the playing around with a ball of light animation) - the game divided by zero and got BSOD, leading to shutdown. Turns out that the developers have since patched that issue so the game shouldn't crash any more when you exit CAS. Good to know!

I am going to try again soon. Need to detox a bit.   8)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #144 on: September 17, 2019, 11:18:32 PM »
Challenges Team,

I have questions about the length of age stages.
My Gen2 heir and his sibling became toddlers on a Friday evening in-game.
It's now Sunday and his age bar indicates he's a Day 2 toddler with "Days till age up 7."
I checked the calendar which shows his birthday as the following Sunday. I'm confused that their toddler stage is 9 days long.

My questions:
(1) Is my heir's 9-day toddler stage a bug or have the age stages become variable? (If it isn't a bug, I shall of course wait for 9 days to cake them up.)
(2) If the 9-day toddler stage is a bug, may I be permitted to cake up my toddlers on the 7th day after I received their previous birthday notices (the following Friday)?

Edited to add:
I found this thread on the Official Forum. Is it true that the age stages are now of variable length?
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/943487/age-lengths-have-changed

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #145 on: September 22, 2019, 04:13:53 AM »
Hello, I was wondering if the founder could be a single parent? I know that in previous dynasty's require both parents to live in the house, so I thought I would check. Thank you!

Edited: Second question.. I am assuming that aspirations can be completed by multiple heirs as there is no restrictions on those mentioned?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #146 on: September 22, 2019, 06:55:10 AM »
Hello, I was wondering if the founder could be a single parent? I know that in previous dynasty's require both parents to live in the house, so I thought I would check. Thank you!

The Founder -- whether you go the townie or CAS option -- cannot have any children.

Edited: Second question.. I am assuming that aspirations can be completed by multiple heirs as there is no restrictions on those mentioned?

Correct. It's mostly skills and careers where there cannot be overlap.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #147 on: September 22, 2019, 07:17:33 AM »

The Founder -- whether you go the townie or CAS option -- cannot have any children.

Metro, I think what KTK10 is meaning is when your founder does have their child, does their spouse have to join the household, or can they be outside of the household.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #148 on: September 22, 2019, 07:23:25 AM »

Metro, I think what KTK10 is meaning is when your founder does have their child, does their spouse have to join the household, or can they be outside of the household.

Ah, if that's the case, then as far as I can tell there is no rule forcing spouses to live under the same roof as founders.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #149 on: September 22, 2019, 07:39:58 AM »
Thanks @Deklitch , that is exactly what I meant to say! You just explained it much better.. thank you  ;D

anything