Author Topic: The Power of 10 Dynasty  (Read 70388 times)

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Power of 10 Dynasty
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2019, 11:06:09 PM »
@MarianT

Thank you so very much for the detailed answers! I have a much clearer idea of how to go forward now.
Besides my curiosity regarding reggikko's questions (unique friends or not; treatment of San Myshuno and Magnolia Promenade), I have a few more questions.

Edited to add on August 30th:  I've withdrawn all my questions. Meg's asked the most important question: when can an heir begin work on each of their requirements?

Unique skills
The rule: "2. Reach the 10th level of a unique skill."
Q6: This refers only to adult skills, right? I'm assuming "Yes."

Collections
Q7: Should each generation's collection be unique? Again, I'm assuming "Yes."

Additional lots
Q8: In addition to restaurants, a spa, and a bowling alley, may we also add a toddler park (by MaxisCreator_01) and a cafe (Maxis)?
       I'm withdrawing this question, too.

I have never tried out the odd jobs/freelance gigs, so I think I'll go practice those rather than worry about any new questions, lol.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2019, 11:12:25 PM »
@oshizu I find the freelance gigs to be fun - especially the programmer ones

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Meg

• Townie
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2019, 01:27:37 AM »
Do dates count as parties?. Just seen they don’t, sorry I must have missed that first time through.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2019, 07:22:42 AM »
How should we handle San Myshuno? Bulldoze The Old Salt House or is there a provision for moving into an apartment? May we bulldoze any unoccupied residential lot to move into or should we choose lots that are already empty?

You can bulldoze the Old Salt House or one of the community lots to get an empty lot.

Can we move into the one empty lot in Magnolia Promenade (ie does that neighborhood count?).

Yes.

For the unique skills, I am assuming no other heir may max a claimed skill. Is this correct?

Yes. The same for careers.

Last one! Can you clarify whether emotional whims need to be unique to the Sim (10 different whims/emotions) or can we satisfy any emotional whim, even if they are duplicates?

Yes, 10 different emotions.

Similarly, the rules don't say that friends must be unique, so founders/heirs may have some friends that are the same?

It's okay if there's overlap among the friends.

Also, I am assuming that spouses and/or spares may max any skills, careers, etc?

No restrictions on other household members.

[/quote]
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2019, 07:35:34 AM »
Do the 10 community lots have to be ten different types or just 10 different names?

For example, there are two bars and two cafes Windenburg, can they count as four of the community lots?

10 different names. The 2 bars and 2 cafes of Windenburg would count as 4 community lots.

Offline Meg

• Townie
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2019, 01:30:29 AM »
Do the heirs requirements only start when they move out? So, for example, do the satisfaction points they accumulated while in their parents house not count? Or money they make, parties they throw, etc. Do we start with a clean slate when they move out?

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2019, 09:48:25 AM »
Do the heirs requirements only start when they move out? So, for example, do the satisfaction points they accumulated while in their parents house not count? Or money they make, parties they throw, etc. Do we start with a clean slate when they move out?

I’m working on the assumption that you don’t count goals until the heir moves out, but could @MarianT or @Metropolis Man clarify?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2019, 10:02:49 AM »
Just clicked over to the 31st August here ... so I'm off to get this attempt underway.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2019, 10:45:41 AM »
Just clicked over to the 31st August here ... so I'm off to get this attempt underway.

Good luck, @Deklitch ! I still have a whole day to get through before I can start.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2019, 12:09:09 PM »

Best wishes with your new dynasty, Deklitch.

Thanks for sharing your enjoyment of the freelance gigs (which I've since tried out).

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2019, 12:15:46 PM »

Good question. My feeling is that they can't complete any requirements until they've moved out, but it's okay if they pick up some skill points, satisfaction points, etc. If you go by what shows up as "earned" in the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration, as we recommend, you can pick up money, too. So you don't have to start with a completely clean slate.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2019, 12:24:15 PM »
Thanks, Marian! I can't wait to get started tomorrow. :)

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2019, 01:00:06 PM »

Good question. My feeling is that they can't complete any requirements until they've moved out, but it's okay if they pick up some skill points, satisfaction points, etc. If you go by what shows up as "earned" in the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration, as we recommend, you can pick up money, too. So you don't have to start with a completely clean slate.

Thank you, MarianT! I'm looking forward to starting tomorrow as well.  :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2019, 09:54:31 AM »

I’m working on the assumption that you don’t count goals until the heir moves out, but could @MarianT or @Metropolis Man clarify?

Right, the heir can't complete any of the 10 requirements until after moving out. But you don't have to start at 0 for everything -- Satisfaction points picked up as a child count towards the 10,000, etc.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2019, 01:11:25 PM »
Is aging-up of the kids at any time you want or only on the day of the birthday?

anything