Author Topic: The Power of 10 Dynasty  (Read 69137 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Power of 10 Dynasty
« Reply #90 on: September 09, 2019, 03:20:17 PM »
Rule changes for the Rival Dynasties Challenge included the one below regarding gender customization:
June 3, 2016 -- If you want to customize the gender of any of your sims, you may do that once, as teen or YA. Gender changes are irreversible, however. And keep in mind that your heirs need to be able to reproduce.

Would the Challenges Team consider a similar addendum for the Power of Ten Dynasty Challenge?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #91 on: September 10, 2019, 12:06:27 PM »
Rule changes for the Rival Dynasties Challenge included the one below regarding gender customization:
June 3, 2016 -- If you want to customize the gender of any of your sims, you may do that once, as teen or YA. Gender changes are irreversible, however. And keep in mind that your heirs need to be able to reproduce.

Would the Challenges Team consider a similar addendum for the Power of Ten Dynasty Challenge?

We don't have any rules against gender customization.

People have been asking about good friends. Basically, when your heir is ready to move out, check your founder's Good Friends. If there are 10 (including 2 non-human and minus household members), you're fine. Otherwise your founder needs to make a few more good friends.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #92 on: September 10, 2019, 05:48:51 PM »
The team stated: "Heirs and their spouses are allowed to take any career rewards that can be placed in personal inventory. They cannot bring career rewards from other Sims."

This covers "rewards", but there are a few items that are portable.  If the heir buys or finds these items that will fit in their inventory, can he/she take them with?  These are not necessarily, rewards.  For instance, the mic from the Hi-jinx festival, if won by the heir, (not the founder or spouse), can they bring that along as it is not a career reward?

Also, I have placed the romantic garden, which is a national park, in my game.  Is this ok or should I remove or do over?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #93 on: September 10, 2019, 07:18:24 PM »
The team stated: "Heirs and their spouses are allowed to take any career rewards that can be placed in personal inventory. They cannot bring career rewards from other Sims."

This covers "rewards", but there are a few items that are portable.  If the heir buys or finds these items that will fit in their inventory, can he/she take them with?  These are not necessarily, rewards.  For instance, the mic from the Hi-jinx festival, if won by the heir, (not the founder or spouse), can they bring that along as it is not a career reward?

Also, I have placed the romantic garden, which is a national park, in my game.  Is this ok or should I remove or do over?

Any sim that goes to the high jinks festival could get that mic. My take is a no on that one. It is not from the career leveling. We can see what the others say.

The garden is a Ea/Maxis lot so it is fine.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #94 on: September 11, 2019, 08:38:40 AM »
I agree with Shannon. The mic example is not a career reward.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #95 on: September 11, 2019, 10:31:09 AM »

Any sim that goes to the high jinks festival could get that mic. My take is a no on that one. It is not from the career leveling. We can see what the others say.

The garden is a Ea/Maxis lot so it is fine.

I agree about the microphone as well. If your Sim really needs one, he or she can just go to the Hijinks festival again 2 weeks later.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #96 on: September 11, 2019, 02:56:20 PM »
Ok, team, poor example.  What I'm asking is if the heir can by any means acquire something that is transportable in their inventory can they take it with them or do they have to leave the house 1. without funds, 2. without anything substantial they either bought, found, or acquired in any way, including fishing an item up.  So basically what you are asking is that heirs start from scratch the way the founder did but what about income?  Founders at least had the basic $10,000.  Sorry I didn't make it clear with the mic thing.  Of course they can get one at any time there is a hi-jinks festival.

----------
My No Buy Story

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #97 on: September 11, 2019, 03:01:34 PM »
@Joria Here's in response to your first question.

From the challenge rules:
Players must choose an empty lot in a world their dynasty hasn't lived in yet. If you run out of towns, you may return, but if you have 10 or more residential worlds you should not repeat. Once an empty lot is chosen, moving is not allowed until the 10 requirements have been completed by your founders/firstborn heirs. Use the family funds cheat to bring your household funds to 10,000 simoleans. This needs to be immediately after each move.

After buying their empty lot, every heir starts out with $10k just like the founder.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #98 on: September 11, 2019, 03:25:28 PM »
Thanks oshizu, I forgot they could have funds, although it isn't really clear in their statement that they would have funds.  Guess it's standard for someone moving out in any game?  I've only played IDs so no one moves out.
   The bigger question is about transportable objects.  If the heir goes to the hermit, for instance, and catches a shower tarp, or goes to the back fishing hole in Oasis Park and catches a violin, those things have to stay behind?  That point is not clear.

----------
My No Buy Story

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #99 on: September 11, 2019, 04:09:01 PM »
   The bigger question is about transportable objects.  If the heir goes to the hermit, for instance, and catches a shower tarp, or goes to the back fishing hole in Oasis Park and catches a violin, those things have to stay behind?  That point is not clear.

They could not take those two items when they move out...

Items/Sims Heirs can take to the next household:
A spouse. No other Sims may move to the next household and Sims that are allowed to move must have empty inventories. (See exception next)
Heirs and their spouses are allowed to take any career rewards that can be placed in personal inventory. They cannot bring career rewards from other Sims.
Pets.

So, basically, it comes down to three things: a spouse, career rewards, and pets.

Offline MystiKitty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #100 on: September 11, 2019, 06:25:45 PM »
Well, I failed my challenge. Not by my own fault, my game is crashing randomly. When I tried to customize Gen 2's spouse, the game crashed... and I didn't save before then, so the last save was just after I moved her in, two days ago. I lost all that progress and couldn't continue on. :(

Be warned, the game might start shutting down on you without warning. It may be because I have too many packs installed. I may need to disable a lot of packs.  :'(

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #101 on: September 11, 2019, 06:33:08 PM »
Please make sure you are "saving as" before you go into CAS or manage world. There is a known bug that will cause your game to crash in when exiting CAS and Simgurunick is aware of it.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #102 on: September 11, 2019, 06:35:35 PM »
I failed due to changes in rules that were brought in by the team after my initial one completed his requirements.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #103 on: September 11, 2019, 06:52:02 PM »
I failed due to changes in rules that were brought in by the team after my initial one completed his requirements.

Um, no, Dek. The team would not fail you like that. What rule are you talking about? If it's the heir needing to be a YA before moving out and you had moved out a Teen heir already, that's fine IMO. You just continue on with your Dynasty with the new rule in place.

Offline craterdweller

• Nooboo
« Reply #104 on: September 11, 2019, 06:56:52 PM »
Do the parties have to be a unique type per generation ? Do events like a successful holiday (New Years) count?

Thanks in advance!