Author Topic: The Power of 10 Dynasty  (Read 70357 times)

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
Re: The Power of 10 Dynasty
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2019, 12:54:02 PM »
Can we repeat odd jobs and freelance gigs or do they need to be unique?

Is life-extension allowed?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2019, 01:55:48 PM »
Is aging-up of the kids at any time you want or only on the day of the birthday?

I just added in a rule to the effect that you have to wait until the birthday.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2019, 01:56:53 PM »
Can we repeat odd jobs and freelance gigs or do they need to be unique?

Is life-extension allowed?

You can repeat odd jobs and gigs. I'll have to check with the team on life-extension.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2019, 01:59:15 PM »
New additions to the rules:

If you choose to start with a pair, one Sim will be the founder and responsible for requirements 1-9; the other will be a spouse and can help with the collection.

Offspring have to wait until their birthday to be aged up.

Once the Acting career is completed, additional gigs can count towards the gig requirement.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2019, 03:00:09 PM »
MarianT, thank you for posting the latest additions to the rules.

Question:
Speaking of birthdays, can the heir move out during their teen stage if the founder/previous heir has completed all the move-out requirements?
Or do we wait, as in the Rival Dynasties Challenge, until the heir's young adult birthday?

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2019, 04:48:45 PM »
Dilemna,  do I continue with my two ID's or start this one?  I'm really only at heir one in both of them.  Not quite rhetorical.

Now my questions start, (lol).  (1) To clarify, if your founder OR any heirs has MORE than $10,000 starting funds you use the money cheat to bring it down to that amount?  And, what if your founder gets lucky and finds the perfect spouse right away who brings in quite a stash of money and/or household goods? (2) Does the spouses money and goods count towards your amount?

You stated "Players can place restaurants, spas, and bowling alleys before starting the game.",(3) are these the ONLY items that can be placed, (I'm thinking libraries, art galleries, gyms, playgrounds etc.) (4) and do they have to be only Maxis or, (5) as per being allowed to use Gallery Sims, can we also use Gallery builds, and if so (6) what is the criteria for each kind of build, including houses and player built or remodeled community lots?  I'm thinking of Newcrest and Magnolia Promenade in particular, which brings me to (7), can we bulldoze the lots in Magnolia, all or some, which I suppose goes for anywhere having a community type lot.
(8), Are we allowed to remodel or add on to community lots?  Like, add a toddler thing in a park or a telescope or any such "amenity", (9) and if we are allowed is this to be done before we actually start play or can it be done after we have a move out to new home as per "Manage World changes must be completed before you continue in Live mode after each move."
(10)"Players must choose an empty lot in a world their dynasty hasn't lived in yet." so no bulldozing?

(11) "Building cheats and ones used for screenshots are fine, too. " I'm assuming moo is ok but what about buydebug?

Depending on answers my rhetorical question may just have been answered.  Lol

What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2019, 05:14:57 PM »
@Joria I'm not on the Challenge Team, obviously, but I can answer a few of your questions based on general gameplay and MarianT's previous comments in this thread.

(1) Yes. As soon as your founder is placed on their starting lot, you immediately use the money cheat to reduce their starting funds to $10,000.
(2) No, I believe. It would be impossible for a founder to meet and move in a spouse during the brief interval between being placed on the starting lot and immedately using the money cheat.
(3), (4), and (5): Only the Challenge Team can answer these questions.
(6) Also a question for the Challenge Team. However, when I asked earlier about placing additional residential lots, the reply was:"No adding residential lots."
(7) Another question for the Challenge Team. All we've heard about bulldozing is that we can bulldoze one lot in San Myshuno for our founder/heir, since that town offers no empty lots.
(8 ), (9): Questions for the Challenge Team.
(10): Challenge Team question, though see my above comment about San Myshuno.
(11): Challenge Team question.

LOL, I ultimately couldn't answer many of your questions at all. Best wishes with your upcoming Power of 10 Dynasty! ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2019, 08:09:53 PM »
@Joria

NO residental lots can be placed.

@MarianT @LenaLJ @Trip
Are we allowing more then just what is stated in the list? And are they allowed to remodel/add to the community lot?

Also can we chime in on some of Joria's questions?
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=30932.msg495075#msg495075

10. If you have all worlds, you should have no problems finding an empty lot. If you don't have all the worlds, then after you have been to the ones you have, you can return to a previous one and use another empty lot.

11. Building Cheats:

"Anything that does not give you some kind of advantage is probably going to be okay." MOO is fine.

EDITED:

Can we "move in Elementals" for spouses?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2019, 08:53:19 PM »
@sdhoey, Chime in at will.
@oshizu, thanks for answering some of @Joria's questions.

3. I was thinking of community lots that aren't in the game already. Since the game already provides gyms, nightclubs, etc., there's no need to add those.
4. Maxis lots only.
5. No Gallery builds, so 6 is irrelevant.
8. Yes, you can add things to existing community lots. You would do that after moving the founder or heir to the empty lot.
11. Moo is okay, but not buydebug.

Basically, builders will have to satisfy their building creativity with the houses for the founder and each heir.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2019, 09:05:57 PM »
@sdhoey, Chime in at will.
@oshizu, thanks for answering some of @Joria's questions.

3. I was thinking of community lots that aren't in the game already. Since the game already provides gyms, nightclubs, etc., there's no need to add those.
4. Maxis lots only.
5. No Gallery builds, so 6 is irrelevant.
8. Yes, you can add things to existing community lots. You would do that after moving the founder or heir to the empty lot.
11. Moo is okay, but not buydebug.

Basically, builders will have to satisfy their building creativity with the houses for the founder and each heir.

3. I couldn't remember if there was a reason it was limited to just those lots. So, that helped alot. I agree

Also, Thank you @oshizu I thought I said that. *blonde moment*

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2019, 09:43:00 PM »
Just as well I didn't age up offspring early last night when I had the chance to do so, or else I'd be on my second attempt already. LOL

Also, do any of the worlds pre place diners?

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2019, 12:18:41 AM »
Not a team member but as far as I can see, and I do explore a lot, no diners.  There are some Maxis ones but not placed, neither is Mimsy's Cafe, (coffee house).

Since there are NO buildings in Newcrest, and that is where I want to do my lot, can Maxis community lots, although no residences as you said, be placed there?

In Magnolia there is an empty lot but no "useful" community lots.  Can more useful ones take the place of the other lots or perhaps a portion of them?

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2019, 01:45:28 AM »
Now my questions start, (lol).  (1) To clarify, if your founder OR any heirs has MORE than $10,000 starting funds you use the money cheat to bring it down to that amount?  And, what if your founder gets lucky and finds the perfect spouse right away who brings in quite a stash of money and/or household goods? (2) Does the spouses money and goods count towards your amount"

I wasn't clear enough.  So, you've got your money down or up to $10,000 and you quickly, maybe almost immediately, find a spouse who brings in $20,000 cash and possibly household goods.  Does his or her cash and goods count toward the $10,000 you have to earn since the FAMILY would now have about $30,000 total, or would you have to knock it back down to $10,000 or just not count it as money earned.  Which technically, by marrying someone wealthy enough, you did earn it.  I didn't mean you just arrived on lot and the magic sims genie popped you a spouse on the spot, although that is how it sounded.  lol

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2019, 08:13:10 AM »

Now my questions start, (lol).  (1) To clarify, if your founder OR any heirs has MORE than $10,000 starting funds you use the money cheat to bring it down to that amount?  And, what if your founder gets lucky and finds the perfect spouse right away who brings in quite a stash of money and/or household goods? (2) Does the spouses money and goods count towards your amount"

I wasn't clear enough.  So, you've got your money down or up to $10,000 and you quickly, maybe almost immediately, find a spouse who brings in $20,000 cash and possibly household goods.  Does his or her cash and goods count toward the $10,000 you have to earn since the FAMILY would now have about $30,000 total, or would you have to knock it back down to $10,000 or just not count it as money earned.  Which technically, by marrying someone wealthy enough, you did earn it.  I didn't mean you just arrived on lot and the magic sims genie popped you a spouse on the spot, although that is how it sounded.  lol

You can keep any money and items a spouse brings in without reducing your funds back down. That money does not count as income. Income is money earned by the founder/heir and can be figured out by switching to the Fabulously wealthy aspiraion, where you’ll see your Sim has earned x/5000, x/75000, and so on.

So, you reduce funds to 10000 and immediately after, your heir asks her intended to move in. You have increased household funds, but no income has been earned. Income would be money earned ONLY by the founder or heir from jobs, freelance gigs, or selling items from their personal inventory, and so forth.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2019, 02:13:20 PM »
For the collections, I know we leave them behind when the heir moves out. Does that mean we just leave them in the founder's or previous heir's house? Will they stay there if the house becomes unoccupied and/or if the game moves in another family at some point?

Can spares be adopted? Also, can a spare's life state change? In other words, if we want our previous houses to stay occupied, could a spare become a vampire and continue living in the house for the duration of the challenge?

anything